You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sky v BT Vision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky v BT Vision
    Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 9:50pm
Guys, I've had sky as long as i can remember. Quite content with it to be honest until BT went and bought everything. I've the complete sky bundle so 75 a month plus multiroom into the bedroom brings it to 80. Now, if i stick with Sky I have to pay for extra BT Sports, which is a piss take. 

Whats BT vision like vs Sky HD? I was back home there and seen a mate had it in, watched the St Pauli game on it at his. Just back home tonight and thinking of ringing Sky up and telling them to shove their package. But before i do that, whats BT vision like in comparison? for picture quality etc 

Thank you. 
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:24pm
If you have BT broadband you should be able to get the BT channels on sky for free (know I do) though you can't get them on multiroom as it only works on one skybox which is a fkn pain
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:24pm
And I dont have BT vision so can't answer that specific question for ya
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:27pm
Can't get virgin media in Brentford, no? Try pricing each of them and see.

BT can be tricky if you want sky sports and multiroom, plus BT vision only allows you to get SS1 & SS2. It doesn't have SS3, 4 or 5.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:32pm
Virgin media might be a better option: they have all sky sports channels, and you can add HD if you want.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Can't get virgin media in Brentford, no? Try pricing each of them and see.

BT can be tricky if you want sky sports and multiroom, plus BT vision only allows you to get SS1 & SS2. It doesn't have SS3, 4 or 5.

Philliy is not an extra £10 a month, since BT Europe kicked in?
Yeah I can buddy! I hadn't thought of them to be honest.
I didn't realise until 10 mins ago 3,4,5 weren't on it. Can't win, I was impressed to huge saving to be had! 45 a month nearly half the price.
Is there a delay at all between satellite and steaming it? I've Netflix but id imagine live TV would be different.

I'll price Virgin now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:35pm
I would check the sky options but for some reason the sky website won't allow me to price sky UK, only sky Ireland.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:39pm
Apparently we dont have Virgin Media  Thumbs Down thats odd its London

Ive heard from a few people, if you ring up sky and threaten to take it out their prices start dropping.. magically 

Edited by SByrne24 - 11 Aug 2015 at 10:40pm
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:41pm
Is it fk £10, if it was I'd not be paying it, as had to renew the contract in June or July and specifically asked about 5 times that if I renewed would I have to pay for BT sport and kept being told no, also a lad in work got a £8 bill 2 or 3 weeks ago from BT, rung up and they refunded the fee and give him BT sport for free as he was an existing broadband customer(he'd been charged for BT sport).

Basically BT's whole marketing ploy for BT sport is to get you onto BT broadband so it makes sense for them to be giving existing customers the sport channels for free
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Is it fk £10, if it was I'd not be paying it, as had to renew the contract in June or July and specifically asked about 5 times that if I renewed would I have to pay for BT sport and kept being told no, also a lad in work got a £8 bill 2 or 3 weeks ago from BT, rung up and they refunded the fee and give him BT sport for free as he was an existing broadband customer(he'd been charged for BT sport).

Basically BT's whole marketing ploy for BT sport is to get you onto BT broadband so it makes sense for them to be giving existing customers the sport channels for free

I might be changing Broadband supplier tomorrow if thats the case! LOL I was really fcuked off, 80  a month which is a substantial enough fee a month. Basically 1000 a year not to have the football 

I'm with plusnet for the house phone and broadband, i'm going to start pricing the broadband and phone deals with BT see what the difference is
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:56pm
Jaysus, get it all together. You should be getting the broadband with sky as well.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:59pm
After a quick search on uswitch , BT are coming up at 46 a month with the line rental and free evening and weekend calls I pay 36 at the moment without the free evening calls. 

Get the missus to look this over. Might be a decent saving to be had! I'm not even sure why we have a house phone, everyone rings us on our mobiles. Only person who rings the house is her mam

SD, that would be a smart idea now! But when i first moved in her, i didn't have a clue what i was at LOL

I'll price it all together with sky now.. i hadn't thought of that.. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 11 Aug 2015 at 11:01pm
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 11:06pm
102pcm for the first 12 months and then 112pcm 

Then add in the BT price Unhappy basically the same  jaysus, get the missus to ring these folks up the morning. She suffers from smalll woman syndrome. Should be able to get something sorted. BT have really messed my bills up 
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:01am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

After a quick search on uswitch , BT are coming up at 46 a month with the line rental and free evening and weekend calls I pay 36 at the moment without the free evening calls. 

Get the missus to look this over. Might be a decent saving to be had! I'm not even sure why we have a house phone, everyone rings us on our mobiles. Only person who rings the house is her mam

SD, that would be a smart idea now! But when i first moved in her, i didn't have a clue what i was at LOL

I'll price it all together with sky now.. i hadn't thought of that.. 
You sure virgin  (media) dont operate in the area Tongue
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:03am
I stuck my postcode in their website and it came up no available in your area. 

I found it really surprising personally! This is London!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:32am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I stuck my postcode in their website and it came up no available in your area. 

I found it really surprising personally! This is London!

We had a virgin leaflet shoved in our door before in London, liked the look of the offer so rang them up- they didn't operate in our area! Clowns
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 4:33am
Had Virgin Media TV and Internet package when living in Derry, 160mb Download Speed, Loads of channels and you have Netflix on your TV as well. Great package. 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:50am
Missus rung up Sky this morning, got all 3 with them now. And saved a tener a month by threatening to take it out, which now means my BT package costs me nothing extra LOL I got the movies and kids package complimentary for being a loyal costumer, some sales talk.

You can get Virgin Media in Derry but not in a busy part of London LOL

Edited by SByrne24 - 12 Aug 2015 at 10:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic