Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Football League 1 Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:57pm
That’s a sickener
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:58pm
should be a good new series of the Netflix documentary :).  

Shower of bottlers in the north east of England.  Jokes of clubs up there. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:02pm
Jaysus a right kick in the nuts for them Ouch
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:02pm
Poor old DM. It felt like Charlton were getting stronger as the game went on, I would have fancied them in extra-time anyway. Williams made a big difference when he came on.
Credit to Lee Bowyer, I would never have thought he would be such a good manager, but he has.  Amazing he still might not be there next season!Cullen was very neat and tidy today and Aribo is a tangfastic talent. 

As a n aside, I watched it on an EFL stream with just a commentator (I recognise the voice, can't remember the name) and it was all the better  for it. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:02pm
Wembley strikes again for Sunderland LOL

Nice to see Charlton get promoted Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:05pm
also Sunderland can have no arguments they got their goal by Charlton messing up.  

Technically Charlton scored all three goals :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:09pm
Jack Ross should be joining the likes of Theresa May and Jeremy Kyle in the dole queue.

Championship budget if you include the players on 40k a week etc and failed promotion. 

Nice chap but he failed miserably 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 10:58pm
Burys match on Sat off. Looks very grim for them.  Planned on going to Gigg Lane after going to Salford's League 2 opener but will hit fc United instead
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Burys match on Sat off. Looks very grim for them.  Planned on going to Gigg Lane after going to Salford's League 2 opener but will hit fc United instead

Probably best not to plan a trip to Gigg Lane at all.
Courts are hardly gonna take a lenient view on a club who can’t even get the season running.

And if they do survive the courts they’ll be starting on -15 points by looks of things.

Pretty much dead club at this stage 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Courts are hardly gonna take a lenient view on a club who can’t even get the season running.

And if they do survive the courts they’ll be starting on -15 points by looks of things.

I was back over anyway and thought I'd get a second game in.  Pity, nice ground to visit
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 11:28am

I was back over anyway and thought I'd get a second game in.  Pity, nice ground to visit

Never been and not looking good for its future. Bolton mess is still rumbling on too. Nearly a postponement there also.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:17pm
Only 3 senior players in Bolton’s matchday squad for tomorrow.

Dying a slow death. Not as hastily as Bury but a slow and painful one 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:42pm

It’s a sad occasion, one of the founding members of the league.
Their neighbours could not sign the snipers dream and save one of the oldest clubs in the uk.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
Confirmed Bury’s 2nd game is off.

That’s potentially starting the season on -18.

Just put em out their misery
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 2:05am

I don't think the FA will want a 23 team league. Teams rely on the income from that extra game too. Coventry, Bolton and Bury, all messed up.

Edited by corkery - 09 Aug 2019 at 2:07am
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 2:58am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I don't think the FA will want a 23 team league. Teams rely on the income from that extra game too. Coventry, Bolton and Bury, all messed up.

The taxman will be shutting Bury down by end of the month anyways, whether the FA like it or not.

Final ultimatum of 23rd August has been set. You'd have to go back as far as Scarborough Athletic for a football league side who went bust mid-season, every other team just ended up getting a bye on the matchweek where they were due to play Scarborough.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:25pm

Just seen the squad they drew 0-0 with Coventry. 
Average age was 19 with 1 senior player. 

Coventry aren’t exactly in a secure position atm but they’ll want to go defunct after that LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:35pm
Video going around from Talksport with the Bury chairman having an argument on the radio with Stephen Dawson (Bury midfielder from Dublin). Dawson accusing him of only paying the players once in 6 months, and says that if the football club goes bust he'll lose his house. Chairman disputes that the players haven't been paid. Seems like he's talking absolute rubbish.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic