You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Football League 1 Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Football League 1 Thread
    Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 1:40pm
I know there's a few fans of the "lower" tiers of English football and League 1 is getting increasingly competitive every season

To go up:
Sheff Utd
Wigan

Jimmy Floyd Hassalbaink had his Burton Albion team playing great football last season, only lost 3 times since he took over (2 of them was in the space of 3 days) I feel if they can replicate some sort of that form they can sneak a 6th place playoff promotion

To go down:
Blackpool
Colchester
Crewe

Blackpool may stay up if they can finally get that lowlife Oyston to sell up
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 2:23pm
Che Adams gonna tear this league up this year
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 2:48pm
3 up and 4 down Coyne, I agree with your selections though. Would add Barnsley up and Peterborough down-bit of a surprise but I thinm the club is in free fall
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 2:54pm
Yeah couldn't think of the 4th team to go down PM.

On top of my head I'll go with Southend, I love Phil Brown but he's spent years trying to get them into League 1 and I think all that effort could just be for 1 season
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 10:11pm
That Football League show on Channel 5 they purchased from the BBC is the most awful thing I've seen on TV. I mean rather watch stuff like the X-Factor.

"Tell me what happened to Sheff Utd this afternoon"
"Well... They lost"

Top punditry Clap
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 10:19pm
I flicked on for 10 minutes. Very very awkward
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 10:21pm
It's worst than the show that used to be on ITV on early Sunday mornings.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 5:37am
Hummmm not sure really have to give it time . Look at least it's on early ish anyway .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 12:15am

Blackpool striker Nile Ranger, 24, has been turned away from training and told he has no future at the League One club. (Blackpool Gazette) 

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 1:29am
Wigan to go up, I honestly think theres more chance of us finishing in the bottom half, the squad is unrecognisable Disapprove Looking forward to catching an away game this season, we brought 2000 to Coventry not bad for a team in League1 with "no fans". On the plus Jossi Jaaskalanen signed at the tender age of 40 LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Che Adams gonna tear this league up this year

See he got a brace this weekend, mind you if Sheff Utd don't go up this year I can imagine some club in the higher leagues will tempt him away!

Burton finally lost, no shame in narrowly losing to a club coming down from the Championship when you're coming up from League 2.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 10:31pm
checking in begrudgingly : ( There was a Wigan fan on here a bit last year

we may need a league 2 thread this time next year. 0-4 home defeat to Coventry jesus wept and knocked out of cup by Barnet. 

I hate football. Up the Dubs

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 11:16pm
Armstrong for coventry looks an excellent player. Wouldnt be surprised if Newcastle called him back in january
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Wigan to go up, I honestly think theres more chance of us finishing in the bottom half, the squad is unrecognisable Disapprove Looking forward to catching an away game this season, we brought 2000 to Coventry not bad for a team in League1 with "no fans". On the plus Jossi Jaaskalanen signed at the tender age of 40 LOL

Looks like you're right, losing to Gillingham is a very poor result.

Burton starting off League 1 as they finished off League 2, gwan Jimmy Floyd Clap
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:06pm
Erm Gillingham are top are they not and look to be a decent outfit at home this season, did they not hammer someone else 4-0 the other week

United looking decent and good response to that shocker on the opening day, all 4 forwards scored now as well
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Erm Gillingham are top are they not and look to be a decent outfit at home this season, did they not hammer someone else 4-0 the other week

United looking decent and good response to that shocker on the opening day, all 4 forwards scored now as well

Care to mention who that someone was? Wink

I thought they were bang average last season, but I've noticed a young fella called Bradley Dack has scored for them every game this season.. Some form.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 10:54pm
Devante Cole, son of Andy Cole scoring the winner for Bradford in stoppage time today 24 hours after signing for them Thumbs Up
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 11:03pm
worst Millwall side in my lifetime. 

we may need a league 2 thread this time next year :(

We stupidly thought that league 1 would be full of lairy big lumps but it has not been the case. We have been outplayed technically over the last few home games (Barnet, Coventry, Barnsley and Chesterfield)

Dark dark times. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic