You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 127>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:59am
I've never really understood the craic with getting a wedding band - why not just get some local DJ to bang out the tunes? Or even one of your mates to do it. I've been to countless weddings where the band has played with only a handful of people actually up dancing. Always seemed like a complete waste of money to me. Unless of course it's the wedding band from Old School - then it is worth every cenny!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:10am
Wedding bands are f**king muck as well. Having to pay for the pleasure of hearing a band belt out yet another version of Don't Stop Believin' and Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night sickens my balls.

Followed by a sh*te DJ banging out "classics" like Maniac 2000 Dead

And ye have already mentioned the sh*te food.

Speeches Confused

f**k weddings

Edited by MayoMark - 10 Jan 2018 at 11:10am
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:12am
Being happy is overrated
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Wedding bands are f**king muck as well. Having to pay for the pleasure of hearing a band belt out yet another version of Don't Stop Believin' and Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night sickens my balls.

Followed by a sh*te DJ banging out "classics" like Maniac 2000 Dead

Speeches Confused

f**k weddings

agreed. cringe worthy stuff usually. no one enjoys them. can barely understand them. 

it should be limited to the old man of the young dorris to quickly welcome everyone and say that he may of lost a daughter but he's gained a son. now sit the f*** down and eat your overcooked beef (or shredded salmon), covered in bread rolls and veg. 

wedding cake is also a complete waste of time. 

Edited by randyrandolph - 10 Jan 2018 at 11:27am
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Mayo Wedding bands are f**king muck as well. Having to pay for the pleasure of hearing a band belt out yet another version of Don't Stop Believin' and Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night sickens my balls.

Followed by a sh*te Mayo DJ banging out "classics" like Maniac 2000 Dead

Speeches Confused

f**k Mayo Weddings

Edited by drog addict - 10 Jan 2018 at 11:29am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Being happy is overrated

Anybody can be happy, being content is a lot more desirable and a lot more difficult.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:04pm
Weddings are the business.

On the piss for at least 12 hours.
3 course meal.
All the birds are looking top notch
Hotel sex too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

3 course meal.
Hotel sex too.

disagree. half of them look like a nightmare at ascot. 

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:14pm
Love a good wedding, especially a family/close friends one

Do agree though about the speeches, should be shortened considerably. The rest is tradition really

At the end of the day its each to their own - its their day so can do as they please/have whatever they want
Some people just deserve a slap
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:18pm

3 course meal.
Hotel sex too.

Spot on
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Love a good wedding, especially a family/close friends one

Do agree though about the speeches, should be shortened considerably. The rest is tradition really

At the end of the day its each to their own - its their day so can do as they please/have whatever they want

Yeah I think that's the key really. If it's a load of your close mates it can be great craic but if you are at a wedding where you know fook all of the people there (say your missus's mate's wedding or a cousin) then it can be fairly boring.

Also agree on shortening the speeches - only the best man should be speaking for 5 mins plus.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

3 course meal.
Hotel sex too.

Also more fake tan then Donald Trump.

Was at a wedding before pulled this bird and she f**king ruined the bed sheets
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:27pm

Not a fan of weddings either. The speeches are usually unfunny, cliched and take way too long. It's all the same really. 

I went through a period of having between 6 -12 weddings to go to a year as most of my mates got hitched. My attendance record could easily have been halved if the missus would avail of my kind proposition that she goes to her pals weddings alone and vice versa. This offer was never entertained despite my repeated sales pitches to it's obvious benefits. 

Currently my run rate is a much more manageable 2 -3 weddings annually. 

I still hate them though. 
El Puto Amo
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

3 course meal.
Hotel sex too.

Also more fake tan then Donald Trump.

Was at a wedding before pulled this bird and she f**king ruined the bed sheetsLOLLOLLOL

Finglas West wedding LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:32pm
A couple of years ago it felt like I was going to one a month. Thankfully that's over now and I haven't been at a wedding for two years. Most of them are fairly sh*te and it's difficult to remember one from another, especially when it's the same groups of people at a lot of them.

I'd agree that when it's one of your close friends that it's a lot better. Almost every wedding I'm at I end up having a row with my missus.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:47pm
Weddings would put you off getting married. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:51pm
If by top notch you mean that the bride and bridesmaids usually look like party clowns then yeah.

Dreadful things weddings. From the sh*te nonsense church ceremony to the pictures to the same balls reception and sh*te food

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 12:55pm
At a wedding last year where the best man's speech went on for over half an hour. It was appalling. He lost the crowd after less than ten minutes when he made a tasteless joke about screwing... it might have been okay if it was funny, but it was sh*te and the bride's mother didn't find it one bit funny. Face like thunder. The rest of it was full of in jokes that only about ten or fifteen people got. Pure sh*te.

But if the speeches are done right, they can be very funny. Seven minutes should be the duration for a best man, with everyone else under five.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 127>
  Share Topic