You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 125>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 6:50pm
Prawn sandwiches for me sham
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

That doesn’t surprise me at all
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

That doesn’t surprise me at all
Gway ye cheeky bollix LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:01pm
Surely Mon Dogs were the coolest thing in town.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In Superbad I just don’t like the main characters. They’re needy and entitled, and I find it just falls a long way from the humour which made The Inbetweeners so enjoyable.

As I said, I once liked it.
Certainly not defending the film itself here, but aren't the best comedies where you don't like the characters? How many of the great comedies have likeable characters? There's often one or two that are less annoying to highlight the faults of the others and that's it.
Thinking of any comedy of I have ever liked, most of the characters could be classed as needy and entitled!

You better not be including Superhans in that ya horrible coont!! 

Wink

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:15pm

ClapLOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

In Superbad I just don’t like the main characters. They’re needy and entitled, and I find it just falls a long way from the humour which made The Inbetweeners so enjoyable.

Certainly not defending the film itself here, but aren't the best comedies where you don't like the characters? How many of the great comedies have likeable characters? There's often one or two that are less annoying to highlight the faults of the others and that's it.
Thinking of any comedy of I have ever liked, most of the characters could be classed as needy and entitled!

Wink

The great thing about Peep Show, particularly the main two lads, is that most people can identify with their inner voices. Nobody would like to admit, but we do! Most of us will learn one way or another!

Superhans is one of the greatest characters of all time, but he is an absolute ****. A self-entitled, selfish ****. A night out with him would be tremendous, but if your missus had kicked out, or you down the cop station, is he number you would want to ring?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:46pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Wink

The great thing about Peep Show, particularly the main two lads, is that most people can identify with their inner voices. Nobody would like to admit, but we do! Most of us will learn one way or another!

Superhans is one of the greatest characters of all time, but he is an absolute ****. A self-entitled, selfish ****. A night out with him would be tremendous, but if your missus had kicked out, or you down the cop station, is he number you would want to ring?

Yah but Superhans gets a pass on being a horrible coont because he's Superhans. LOL

Mark's inner voice is the best part of the show. There's a lot of Jeremy's inner voice that is just witless idiotic stuff but he's a necessary tool for Mark's inner voice. Mark is the best of the two main characters.

Anyway back on topic Thumbs Up   

Edited by irishmufc - 06 May 2020 at 8:47pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 12:29am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Pulled pork isn't very nice...It's food for people who want to appear cool

I don't get it. 

Pulled Pork is 1 of the most healthiest sh*t out there but I don't think it makes me any less/more cooler if I have it or not.
Wouldn't call pork healthy!! You mentioned on another post people putting food photos on social media...Really pointless look at me having a good time behaviour when you would enjoy it more eating it before it gets coldLOL Saw a funny page a few years ago of photographs of people taking photgraphs of their food. Highlighted how bizarre looking a practice it was!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 12:32am

Another controversial one. Probably not fair as I never had the fortune (misfortune) of visiting Gortekeegan but I saw a photo of the famous Mondog recently and it looked absolutely rank! Typical crap you would expect from LOI catering!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

ClapLOL

I was coming out of the Showgrounds once, young fella under the arm and this lad stops me..................................
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 6:12pm
FontainesDC are way overrated 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 7:47pm
I find it extremely irritating how in some of their songs, the same lyrics are repeated from verse to verse.

They've 3 or 4 decent songs, but apart from that are average enough. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 9:36pm
Many could agree or disagree. But re watched Green street. Poor film. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:42pm
Agreed. Charlie Hunnam trying to do the accent was as risible as Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. On top of which, nothing remotely interesting about morons in football hooligan " firms. "
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

This is the Unpopular Opinion thread.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

This is the Unpopular Opinion thread.

LOL

My first thought too
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 7:09am
YBIG is fantastic craic these daysClap
Zero petty debates,and non stop bantering
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 125>
  Share Topic