You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Will Ferrell seems like a decent enough fella, but apart from a couple of SNL sketches, anything he has done has been beyond my understanding. His films seem to be a string of illogical phrases stuck together in a stupid manner and that passes as comedy. Say the first thing that comes into your head is pretty base humour. 

Anchorman is the greatest load of sh*te i've ever watched. Ferrell Thumbs Down
+1
I don't understand how it could be seen as funny in anyway

You speaking Dublinese now PM?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:59am
Rewatched Old School recently. Found it really, really dull, in comparison to when I first saw it and loved it.

I laughed uproariously when I first saw Superbad. I now consider it absolutely toxic.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:01am
Toxic in what way?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Will Ferrell seems like a decent enough fella, but apart from a couple of SNL sketches, anything he has done has been beyond my understanding. His films seem to be a string of illogical phrases stuck together in a stupid manner and that passes as comedy. Say the first thing that comes into your head is pretty base humour. 

+1

Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:10am
Superbad is an absolutely terrible movie.

in fact anything with Michael Cera is terrible accept for Scott Pilgrim which is OK mostly thanks to Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

In terms of Will Ferrell, I like Step Brothers, Anchorman isn't great. One film of his I love is Everything Must Go, while it still has some comedic parts it's actually a very moving film about someone rebuilding their life and Ferrell is brilliant in it (imo)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

+1

Typo, there's supposed to be a space. It is called ****ish, in any case.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:48am
Just on those stupid Will Ferrell moves, I thought SemiPro was up there with the best of them. Probably helps that I didn't see it as much as Anchorman etc but there were some great lines in it.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:49am
The Alley Oop Clap
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:07pm
SuperbadClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:17pm
Superbad
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:55pm
Superbad is brilliant 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:19pm
Superbad Thumbs Up
Step Brothers Thumbs Up
Anchorman Thumbs Down
Bounty Bars Thumbs Up
Some people just deserve a slap
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

in fact anything with Michael Cera is terrible accept for Scott Pilgrim which is OK mostly thanks to Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

In terms of Will Ferrell, I like Step Brothers, Anchorman isn't great. One film of his I love is Everything Must Go, while it still has some comedic parts it's actually a very moving film about someone rebuilding their life and Ferrell is brilliant in it (imo)

Michael Cera has really stuck to the one type of roll, saying that he's still great in Arrested Development.
He'll be 50 and still be awkwardly moping around in a hoodie.

Again Will Ferrell is the same type of roll in most things but stranger than fiction was more dramatic.
Jim Carey used to be the same but some of his best films are probably the more serious ones. 
The dark side.. And the light
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:25pm
Stranger Than Fiction was not dramatic! It was f**king awful, but not dramatic!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Michael Cera has really stuck to the one type of roll, saying that he's still great in Arrested Development.
He'll be 50 and still be awkwardly moping around in a hoodie.

Again Will Ferrell is the same type of roll in most things but stranger than fiction was more dramatic.
Jim Carey used to be the same but some of his best films are probably the more serious ones. 

Ham and cheese? Tuna and sweetcorn?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:28pm
Ham would be apt.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:40pm
In Superbad I just don’t like the main characters. They’re needy and entitled, and I find it just falls a long way from the humour which made The Inbetweeners so enjoyable.

As I said, I once liked it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In Superbad I just don’t like the main characters. They’re needy and entitled, and I find it just falls a long way from the humour which made The Inbetweeners so enjoyable.

As I said, I once liked it.
Certainly not defending the film itself here, but aren't the best comedies where you don't like the characters? How many of the great comedies have likeable characters? There's often one or two that are less annoying to highlight the faults of the others and that's it.
Thinking of any comedy of I have ever liked, most of the characters could be classed as needy and entitled!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 125>
  Share Topic