You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Venue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 2:58pm
Fordeign weddings are better, the people you don't want to go probably wont go, the people going can make a few days holidays of it. Its cheaper for the couple getting married, the craic is better. 

Although I was at one wedding in Ibiza, jayzuzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

If you can ditch the Catholic church cult ceremony, even better. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:01pm
Have a look at Nerja in Spain. Go over there quite a bit, nice town and church. Seems to be quite popular for Irish weddings. Last year we went and there was one on but it was pissing out of the heavens, the bride was in an awful state to which me self and the Missis thought it was hilarious.
Chips don't bounce
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Have a look at Nerja in Spain. Go over there quite a bit, nice town and church. Seems to be quite popular for Irish weddings. Last year we went and there was one on but it was pissing out of the heavens, the bride was in an awful state to which me self and the Missis thought it was hilarious.

Was groomsman at my mates one in Calpe last September. Lovely little church in the middle of a town inaccessible by car. You had a good 10 minute walk down a hill from the buses on the road into the town. It was gas looking at my pal getting absolutely ballooned out of it just before he walked into the church on "the happiest day of his life" by all the old kunts and birds who weren't able for the trek or were in heels. He was on the brink of a meltdown. Tears in the eyes and big puffy red face. That's what you want at a wedding. A bit of drama to liven things up 
El Puto Amo
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:18pm
I was at a wedding near Wroclaw in Poland a couple of years ago. The couple rented an entire country house complete amazing gardens for a whole weekend. Similar to the old English country houses in Ireland.

The place was class with food laid on from about 4 in the evening to about 1am with lots and lots of vodka in between. Free bar and accommodation provided as well. Now this couple aren't the flashy kind and i was told it cost half of what a wedding in Meath where they live would cost. Now the chances of your mrs to be being polish is minimal but I would still check it out.

en.palackonary.pl/

also Ryanair do deals for groups of people. something you could also look into.

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Jul 2015 at 3:19pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:22pm

I go there fairly often myself so maybe that is why I prob wouldn't want to get married there but never say never .

The brother stopped off @Bled on the way to the Euro's & said it was a great spot but there is no direct flights unless I charter SByrne Airways for the lot of us

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by spook09 spook09 wrote:

Was at my cousins wedding in Lake Bled, Slovenia, absolutely beautiful. Nice food, bit of activities to do and scenery that has to be seen to be believed. Food/Drink cheap.. Top place

Stayed in Bohinj not far from there. Fantastic
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:44pm

Greengooner had his honeymoon in Nerja and it pissed rain as well.  Mind you it was October.......

Amalfi Coast is spectularly nice but it's expensive.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:51pm
Drop me a PM if you want info on my gig in Spain Butch. Can put you in touch with the planner etc. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Just booked our wedding for Doolin. f**k the weather I'm delighted to be getting married back in Ireland it'll be a proper piss up. Worked out cheap as f**k with the £ to € at the moment although we've only paid the deposit so far.

We were thinking of getting married in Italy. Outside Naples looks great and it works out much cheaper although we were worried about the language barrier.

I am pretty sure no matter where you get married you won't understand your missus :)

Neil

Ah it's alright Baldy. She understands me Big smile

Edited by Flanno7hi - 29 Jul 2015 at 5:16pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 7:19pm
I'd prefer a wedding abroad. As has been mentioned above, the people you want to go will make the effort and go. I'd say it would cut the numbers down from about 120 to 60.
But the missus is not for it, thinks it's not fair on people, but I think the people who do make the effort will be glad they did, have to say the best weddings I've ever been at are the couple where we went abroad.

So I will continue to try and convince her for the next few months before we book somewhere.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'd prefer a wedding abroad. As has been mentioned above, the people you want to go will make the effort and go. I'd say it would cut the numbers down from about 120 to 60.
But the missus is not for it, thinks it's not fair on people, but I think the people who do make the effort will be glad they did, have to say the best weddings I've ever been at are the couple where we went abroad.

So I will continue to try and convince her for the next few months before we book somewhere.

And if you can't verbally convince her Andy there's always a fine set of God given knuckles (on both hands) in reserve
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 1:33am
were you drunk  earlier Muff?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Eh no.

Should've added in the winky face I suppose.

Obviously taking the piss
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 7:39am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Eh no.

Tell that to me missus up in tallaght hospital

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Jul 2015 at 7:40am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 7:53am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Eh no.

Tell that to me missus up in tallaght hospital

Wait am I missing something here?

Your missus in hospital? Oh sh*te sorry
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:05am
My next holiday is going to be in Lake Bled. Heard its amazing Heart
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:33am
Do you not go there every month

Edited by Baldrick - 30 Jul 2015 at 8:34am
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Do you not go there every month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic