You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rising Sons Ireland's Eastern Odyssey - WC 2002
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rising Sons Ireland's Eastern Odyssey - WC 2002

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rising Sons Ireland's Eastern Odyssey - WC 2002
    Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 11:06pm
Found this DVD in my house earlier and said I'd upload it to youtube because as far as I know there is none of it available online.

It's an RTE/Setanta production showing highlights, interviews, stats etc of Ireland's 2002 World Cup journey. Most of you probably know about it.

Anyway here's the link for anyone who cares: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moqMLByySZY

It's not watchable in Germany and I have no idea what the structure is Embarrassed

Edited by BlackKat - 21 Jun 2015 at 2:03am
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 12:34am
Very good. Watched it there.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 1:51am
Yeah saw it there too. Great memories. Spotted myself in crowd shot and all!!
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 3:16am
Cheers BK, really enjoyed that👍
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 2:14pm
Blocked in Germany by GEMA (the music protection rights  association) Ouch
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Blocked in Germany by GEMA (the music protection rights  association) Ouch

you can change your ip address by downloading the hola app Thumbs Up
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 2:31pm
BJ

Thanks but hola is to be avoided ( at least here where law firms actively chase people)

this from an ex-pat community in Germany

Here comes something really spooky...

Most of you are probably aware that one problem that all VPN providers face lies in  the fact that they only have a limited number of IP addresses to assign to customers, and as such, content providers who feel the urge to block accesses via VPNs can simply block that range of addresses. Those folks on this forum that used SmartDNS or a VPN to Ireland to watch the Irish telly know what I am talking about.

Today, I stumbled across a VPN provider who claims not to have that problem: https://luminati.io/ 

One thing that they claim on their website: "Luminati is the world's largest VPN network. Use Luminati to route data through any of our millions of IPs that are located in every city around the world."

So I just thought: "Hey, let's look up how many IPs the claim to have in Ireland". At the time of writing this is claimed to be a whopping 61121 Irish IPs. Gosh...

So I spend a few minutes thinking about how they might manage to possess "millions of IPs", especially more than 60000 in Ireland alone. Then it hit me with a hammer...

When I scrolled down on that aforementioned website, it says "Luminati is a service by Hola".

Some of you may know what Hola is, some folks on this forum even recommended it, but a long time ago I explicitly warned about using Hola, the original article is here: http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/255234-experience-with-hidemyass-vpn-service/?do=findComment&comment=3203597

So, this is the current status: Some folks install a free product called Hola in their browser to have a better "experience" while using the internet, and the folks running the company Hola let their subsidiary "Luminati" sell the bandwidth of those free user of Hola to paying Luminati customers. The exit nodes (or IPs) of the Luminati VPN service are PCs running Hola!

This is so unbelievably freaky...

On one side, using Luminati could be an interesting service, because I believe that access to some blocked content (e.g. Irish TV) could be possible again using Luminati as provider.

On the other side, I must strongly discourage anybody using Hola to continue using it.

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 2:37pm
Well when you put it like that, I have no response Thumbs Up
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 2:43pm
That was an awful shootout!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 3:12pm
Awful shootout alright. Great memories all the same.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 3:21pm
Watched half of it last night. Good programme.

We must have had more openings in that Germany match as we have in all games under MON! That team and manager was different class to anything since 

Gspain spotted around 28 minutesThumbs Up
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 3:58pm
Really enjoyed this
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 6:29pm
Had forgotten how close Connolly came to scoring against Spain in extra time
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 6:34pm
Really enjoyed watching this today.

How good were Ireland?

What I'd do for a 22 year old Robbie Keane today. It's shocking to see who bad we are now.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BlackKat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 7:39pm
Aye, the ending statements about how this team will only continue to get better are even more depressing Disapprove
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by BlackKat BlackKat wrote:

Aye, the ending statements about how this team will only continue to get better are even more depressing Disapprove

Agree just shows how much we under achieved over the following 8 years!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 8:23pm
really enjoyed that. We're so far below that level now it hurts. 

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 8:32pm
Class thanks for sharing black Kat. Great memories.

Stans press conference on his reaction to Roy's carry on
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic