You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 44>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Chris Froome failed a drugs test at Vuelta Espana this year. Seems that pesky chronic asthma problem that blights Team Sky cyclists reared its head again.

Oh well...cheerio Chris

Can't wait to see Sir Dave spoof his way out of this. Tick Tock

🎉🎉🎉🎉
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:14am
Froome the zoom
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:23am
How many of Team sky have asthma?   From a quick google 8% of the population have asthma
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 12:29pm
Chris Froome's test is considered an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) under WADA and Froome must now prove to UCI under a pharmacokinetic test that he inhaled the correct dosage of Salbutomol.

Union Cycliste Internationale statement

UCI statement on Christopher Froome

13 December 2017

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) confirms that British rider Christopher Froome was notified of an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) of Salbutamol in excess of 1000ng/ml (*) in a sample collected during the Vuelta a España on 7 September 2017. The rider was notified of the AAF on 20 September 2017.

The anti-doping control was planned and carried out by the Cycling Anti-Doping Foundation (CADF), the independent body mandated by the UCI, in charge of defining and implementing the anti-doping strategy in cycling.

The analysis of the B sample has confirmed the results of the rider’s A sample and the proceedings are being conducted in line with the UCI Anti-Doping Rules.

As a matter of principle, and whilst not required by the World Anti-Doping Code, the UCI systematically reports potential anti-doping rule violations via its website when a mandatory provisional suspension applies. Pursuant to Article 7.9.1. of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules, the presence of a Specified Substance such as Salbutamol in a sample does not result in the imposition of such mandatory provisional suspension against the rider.

At this stage of the procedure, the UCI will not comment any further on this matter.

(*) WADA’s Prohibited List provides that: “The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL or formoterol in excess of 40 ng/mL is presumed not to be an intended therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result was the consequence of the use of the therapeutic dose (by inhalation) up to the maximum dose indicated above.”

Individual Athlete Chris Froome responds to UCI Statement on Team Sky website.  Chris Froome describes himself in the third person. Individual Team Principal Sir David Brailsford responds also.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/ts-statement

www.ucdsupporters.ie
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 12:36am
Sir Mo, UK sportsman of the year. Well done there chief. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 6:35am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I'd say they spent last night dancing in the streets of Mogadishu celebrating their fellow countrymans success.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:48am

I'd say they spent last night dancing in the streets of Mogadishu celebrating their fellow countrymans success.
Only stopping to use his asthma inhaler.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:57am

Seen the bowld Sir Mo on Saturday coming out of the local newsagents with a slice pan of bread. Little did I know he was destined for greatness less than 24hrs later.

Edited by colemanY2K - 18 Dec 2017 at 8:58am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:59am

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:25pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:49pm
This one is really worth a bump, the man was so far ahead of the curve he could have drawn it himself. Written all of 27 years ago, as predictions go, and the exact nature of drugs in sport (he did have a lot of expertise in fairness) and testing procedures has proved to be so accurate you might think various doping bodies used it as a guideline as to who they might target for catching. 

The following is a quote from a book called 'Speed Trap' , written by Charlie Francis (now deceased). A very cynical operator, he was best known as Ben Johnson's coach and supplier of steroids. 

Bear in mind, this was written in 1991.......

“International sport is moving irrevocably toward a two-tiered athletic society–to prosecute the great mass of uninformed and expendable players, while giving carte blanche to a handful of well-connected superstars. Doping control in the 1990s will formalize limited, beatable testing–a controlled and selective roulette with the risk of major scandal. The anxious network sugar daddies will be appeased, the record-hungry fans satiated. And if the competitions become over-produced Hollywood farces, with an ever-widening gap between the few authentic contenders and all the rest with no chance, who will be the wiser.”

Edited by deise316 - 18 Dec 2017 at 11:50pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:00am

Massive shock here as.............................

''hasn't failed a test in 5 years'' 

Clean as a whistle, this lad. 

link not working Deise...well not for me anyway
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:11am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:51am
Perfecto
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:50am
Kick in the nuts for Bolt if he's involved
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:53am
Do sports fans think Bolt is clean? 

Considering how pathetic the Jamican testing system is...
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 11:44am
Yeah,

He's been breaking world records since he was a child.

Then again, with sweeping generalizations I'm sure many would find him guilty.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yeah,

He's been breaking world records since he was a child.

Then again, with sweeping generalizations I'm sure many would find him guilty.

Hang on, just because he had pedigree doesn't mean he's clean.

Lance Armstrong had pedigree, he wasn't clean.

Chris Froome never had pedigree.....

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 44>
  Share Topic