You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 44>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:23pm
A lot of spotlight on Munster rugby this week.

Also the captain of serie A side bennevento has been banned for a year and the club doctor for 4 years for doping

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:24pm
Oh and Chris froome also has bad kidneys now too, to go along with his blood disease and asthma and a few other illnesses. Poor chap

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:58pm
Yes, looking like another worthy candidate in the all time great drug excuses, which currently include;

Too much sex with the wife before a race - Sprinter Dennis Mitchell (thus producing too much testosterone)
Ingested clenbuterol in dodgy meat - Cyclist Alberto Contador (no trace of clenbuterol has ever showed up in an animal under EU testing, and cattle are tested before they enter the food chain under EU law)
Kissing the girlfriend, who had, or must have, taken cocaine - Richard Gasquet, tennis player (aye righto Richie)
Cortisone cream for saddle sores- Cyclist Lance Armstrong, who never tested positive, apart from this time, where the ever helpful UCI gave him a back dated TUE for said cream, thus brushing it under the carpet. 
Drinking too much Jack Daniels - Cyclist Floyd Landis
And most spectacular/outlandish effort comes from cyclist Tyler Hamilton, who claimed he could be a tetragametic chimera after absorbing a twin in utero. Can't ever see anything topping that one. 

They were all on drugs by the way. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:06pm
Hamiltons autobiography is worth reading. Crazy sh*t was going on.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:12pm
Aye, I've read it, tis fairly mental. Landis' not bad either. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Yes, looking like another worthy candidate in the all time great drug excuses, which currently include;

Too much sex with the wife before a race - Sprinter Dennis Mitchell (thus producing too much testosterone)
Ingested clenbuterol in dodgy meat - Cyclist Alberto Contador (no trace of clenbuterol has ever showed up in an animal under EU testing, and cattle are tested before they enter the food chain under EU law)
Kissing the girlfriend, who had, or must have, taken cocaine - Richard Gasquet, tennis player (aye righto Richie)
Cortisone cream for saddle sores- Cyclist Lance Armstrong, who never tested positive, apart from this time, where the ever helpful UCI gave him a back dated TUE for said cream, thus brushing it under the carpet. 
And most spectacular/outlandish effort comes from cyclist Tyler Hamilton, who claimed he could be a tetragametic chimera after absorbing a twin in utero. Can't ever see anything topping that one. 

What an excuse LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:25pm

Gilberto Simoni’s cocaine sweets

Italian Gilberto Simoni explained away a positive test for cocaine during the 2002 Giro d’Italia on some cough sweets that his aunt had obtained from South America. Previously, he had suggested that he had failed a test for the drug having been unwittingly given cocaine in an injection during a visit to his dentist. He was cleared and returned to racing.

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/pro-cyclists-best-excuses-for-failing-a-dope-test-150145#0FCw0jhvzZr0qrHl.99
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:30pm
Tyson and Hughie Fury claimed that they tested positive for nandrolone as they ate wild boar every week and the offal was contaminated
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm

Well that last guy certainly was on hullucogenics to come up with that beauty LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Well that last guy certainly was on hullucogenics to come up with that beauty LOL

He was on everything else. His book is great. He does public speaking these days.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:03pm
Came across this on Twitter from a recent interview with Santiago Cazorla.

Footballer Santi Cazorla (of Arsenal) on his ongoing ankle problems: "The first operation was risky. The problem was my skin. I'd had a lot of corticosteroids during my career and the skin was quite deteriorated."

There is a link the interview but it's in Spanish

If A cyclist mentioned he had been taken a lot of corticosteroids there would be a meltdown and another scandal

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 8:29am
Corticosteroids are legal or not on the banned list, depending on your view.

The difference is that Cazorla has been injured for the last 2 years.

Taking them for other reasons is another matter, which should be nipped in the bud by WADA.

Edited by horsebox - 25 Jan 2018 at 8:32am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Corticosteroids are legal or not on the banned list, depending on your view.

The difference is that Cazorla has been injured for the last 2 years.

Taking them for other reasons is another matter, which should be nipped in the bud by WADA.

Exactly.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 12:20pm
He said during his career, not when he was injured.

And regardless, taking banned drugs to help recover from an injury is still doping, unless you go down the TUE route

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:16pm
What banned drugs did he take?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:32pm
As with all of this, it's a bit of a grey area in that corticosteroids aren't on the banned list, but glucocortocoids are, unless you have a TUE. Topical use of these don't require a TUE, and would explain how his skin is affected, as thinning of the skin is one of the side effects. It would also suggest that these were not used illegally. 

(Just to be clear, I think every sportsperson is on some sort of PED).
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:40pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 4:06pm
To be fair to Shoco, he's spot on when he mentions footballs relationship with drugs. There's no doubt there's a rampant culture of drugs, as there is in cycling and athletics. The difference is that with football, rugby, tennis and such sports they like to sweep away as much of this as possible. They try to live in a world where obviously that stuff doesn't happen in their sport, so the testing is totally inadequate. Between terrible testing protocols, a ludicrous TUE culture and basically just a blasé approach from fans to these issues, very little will change going forward. Fans in general just don't want to know or hear about it.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 44>
  Share Topic