You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 44>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:06pm
Exactly, soccer is probably rife with it, no one ever gets caught so there is no problem, hurray.

it's human nature if we can improve margins we will, if can improve bigger margins and still not get caught we will
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

i am actually in shock that people actually still like cycling as a sport. 

I would not lost any sleep if competitive cycling ceased to exist tomorrow. Off the Ball and Second Captains devote so much time to it and drugs in Athletics. I am past the point of caring. Kimmage droning on ad nauseum about Dave Brailsford and Lance whenever he gets a minute. Team Sky are corrupt in a "sport" that is vile but the sport is so vile from the top to the bottom it is beyond fixing. You were instrumental in outing the corruption Paul but newsflash they are all at it and still at it and very little will change. Nobody cares enough about the "sport" to clean it up. Its a niche persuit and will never compete with soccer, gaa, rugby not any American team sports. Frankly because it is boring beyond belief to watch and attracts egotistical oddballs.

Chris Froome, Wiggins, Lance Armstrong, Sean Kelly, Kimmage and most cyclists do have something in common outside of partaking in performance enhancing drugs. They are charmless characterless boring arrogant bellends to a man.

Can we wheel out the Irish priest for the final stage of the Tour de France next to stick his scrawny irish leg between Froomes spokes on the Champs Elysee and send him flying back to Nairobi

Athletics is going the way of cycling but not quite there yet and can be saved

This is exactly the problem with most football fans, they think football is actually clean.

Head very much buried in the sand here

How do you know it's not clean?

There are far too many sweeping generalistions without any proof of whether football is either clear or not.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:20pm
What 20 million people throw the head out the front door in rural France for 3 minutes and the local nutter chases the peleton ringing a bell. And a few unemployed people watch it on the tele. Its nonsense

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I would not lost any sleep if competitive cycling ceased to exist tomorrow. Off the Ball and Second Captains devote so much time to it and drugs in Athletics. I am past the point of caring. Kimmage droning on ad nauseum about Dave Brailsford and Lance whenever he gets a minute. Team Sky are corrupt in a "sport" that is vile but the sport is so vile from the top to the bottom it is beyond fixing. You were instrumental in outing the corruption Paul but newsflash they are all at it and still at it and very little will change. Nobody cares enough about the "sport" to clean it up. Its a niche persuit and will never compete with soccer, gaa, rugby not any American team sports. Frankly because it is boring beyond belief to watch and attracts egotistical oddballs.

Chris Froome, Wiggins, Lance Armstrong, Sean Kelly, Kimmage and most cyclists do have something in common outside of partaking in performance enhancing drugs. They are charmless characterless boring arrogant bellends to a man.

Can we wheel out the Irish priest for the final stage of the Tour de France next to stick his scrawny irish leg between Froomes spokes on the Champs Elysee and send him flying back to Nairobi

This is exactly the problem with most football fans, they think football is actually clean.

Head very much buried in the sand here

How do you know it's not clean?

There are far too many sweeping generalistions without any proof of whether football is either clear or not.

Do you believe football is clean?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 7:32pm
I've no idea. But I'd doubt any sport is clean or will ever be clean because there is too much money involved and some individuals would just do anything to win.

I don't know enough about the drug testing procedures in football or others sports to be honest. I'd say recreational drugs would be more rampant that PED's.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 7:38pm
I don't believe so.

Read up on dr. Fuentes and operation Puerto.

This was the big doping case in cycling, however Fuentes didn't just work with cyclists, he worked with football teams and tennis players. In court he was banned from naming his clients except for the cyclists.

But has been quoted as saying if he were to talk then Spain would have been stripped of their Euro and World Cup wins.

Barcelona have also worked with one of the doctors involved with lance armstrong.

With the money involved in football, it's just unimaginable that they wouldn't be doping.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 11:44pm

One of the stupidest posts I've seen on here. If you don't like a sport, anyone can distil it down to its essentials and dismiss it easily '' F1 is cars going round & round'' '' 22 men running around after a ball'' ''A fella trying to put a ball in a hole with a stick'' ''2 lads trying to hit a ball over a net'' and so on. 

You then dismiss cycling as a niche sport, but also mention GAA, rugby and American sports, presumably reflecting your own sporting interests. Newsflash, it doesn't work like that, the cyclist Michael Kwitatowski would be very famous in Poland, or Peter Sagan in Slovakia, while almost nobody in either country would have heard of Brian O'Driscoll or Diarmuid Connolly. TDF viewing figures in the USA were 17 million this year, without looking, that's probably similar to the figures for the rugby world cup, and that's only in the USA, where cycling wouldn't rank in the top 10 sports, neither would the TDF be on during the day in a lot of timezones. Which of them are the niche sports again ??

It can be boring to watch, but so are Man United at the moment, and give or take a half dozen games, Ireland have been muck to watch for 2 whole decades. You have probably heard it said to you ''why are you going watching that crap'' regarding Ireland, I certainly have and so have most Ireland fans I know, so saying cycling is boring just comes back to personal opinion, it doesn't make it true. Cycling is tactically very interesting and a highly strategical sport if you appreciate it, if you don't, that's fair enough, but tis far too easy a criticism to aim at a sport you don't like, and as shown above, can be aimed at any sport without any great difficulty. 

The personality thing, yet another example of your dislike of one sport that could be applied to any sport at all and the lads in it. Cycling might have a share of arrogant bell ends, but its just a share of them, they exist in every other sport too. Athletics GOING the way of cycling ?? LOLLOL. That happened in the 1950s chief, and tis still happening, and to a far greater degree than cycling. 

One for the drugs in sport doesn't exist if you can't see them brigade, have a read of this article and tell us where ya think they are being used............

A 300% increase since 2016 in steroids seized in Ireland, and that's just the ones seized. It is quite possible that all of these were intended for the use of lads who frequent gyms very often, but tis also likely that some of them have made their way into the Irish sporting arena, and as you have pointed out, cycling is a niche sport here. Anyone who thinks this isn't happening in football, GAA or Rugby has their heads in the sand. That alone is a good enough reason for OTB and the likes of Kimmage to keep the subject toward the front of sporting discussions. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:02am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

One of the stupidest posts I've seen on here. If you don't like a sport, anyone can distil it down to its essentials and dismiss it easily '' F1 is cars going round & round'' '' 22 men running around after a ball'' ''A fella trying to put a ball in a hole with a stick'' ''2 lads trying to hit a ball over a net'' and so on. 

You then dismiss cycling as a niche sport, but also mention GAA, rugby and American sports, presumably reflecting your own sporting interests. Newsflash, it doesn't work like that, the cyclist Michael Kwitatowski would be very famous in Poland, or Peter Sagan in Slovakia, while almost nobody in either country would have heard of Brian O'Driscoll or Diarmuid Connolly. TDF viewing figures in the USA were 17 million this year, without looking, that's probably similar to the figures for the rugby world cup, and that's only in the USA, where cycling wouldn't rank in the top 10 sports, neither would the TDF be on during the day in a lot of timezones. Which of them are the niche sports again ??

In fairness Deise people generally dismiss Wrestling as 'men in pants throwing each other around the ring' and the usual stereotypes like 'but its scripted' like they think WWE fans are actually born stupid (Unless you're American, plenty of videos out there who genuinely think it isn't)

The truth is WWE is a soap opera and should be treated like so, no different from Eastenders or Coronation Street etc.
I'm actually surprised the Irish wrestler Sheamus isn't more popular in Ireland just because of the country size but because of his occupation he's swiftly dismissed.

Edited by coyne - 21 Dec 2017 at 12:03am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:03am

What 20 million people throw the head out the front door in rural France for 3 minutes and the local nutter chases the peleton ringing a bell. And a few unemployed people watch it on the tele. Its nonsense

Absolute rubbish. Just picked on some figures from Europe, the UK and the USA in the below articles, and viewing figures have actually risen in the last few years. 

To physically go see a stage in the TDF requires a lot longer of a day than going to a game of football, while we see a few thousand people lined up at a village in rural France, and the bikes go past in 4 minutes, they have already been there about 4-6 hours previously due to road closures, that would be the night before when you are talking about the mountain stages. Not really sure what your point is anyway, other than not liking the sport, when you can casually dismiss 15-20 million attendees and multiples of that figure as 'a few unemployed people' tis pretty obvious yer either trolling or not recognising reality as it doesn't quite fit with your own views. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
Stuck this in the Man City thread, more than likely be ignored there so i'll put it here too

Some reading on Pep for you.

In 2001 playing for Brescia, Pep had tested positive twice against Piacenza & Lazio. Both samples showed levels of the anabolic steroid nandrolone. Nandrolone improves athletes ability to train harder, recovery faster & help the body build muscle by producing extra protein.

Guardiola tested six times the legal limit. He was given a 4 month ban & €50,000 fine.

“Before Piacenza I only took the multivitamins that Dr. Ramon Segura, my trusted physiologist, has prepared for me for six or seven years."

Dr. Ramon Segura, who also represented Frank De Boer, who tested 5 times the limit to Nandrolone 7 months before Guardiola while playing for Barcelona.

Segura claimed the supplements were contaminated & the cause of the positive test. Investigations found this wasn't possible. Segura joined Guardiola at Barcelona in 2009. In 2010 the club were fined €30,000 for failing to provide accurate details of their players’ whereabouts.

Then there is Luis Garcia del Moral - who was 1 of the 3 doctors banned for life following Lance Armstrong's life ban. He provided riders with EPO, blood transfusions & masking agents. Where was he also a medical advisor? FC Barcelona.

Del Moral is the third doctor (Segura & Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes are the others) with links to doping to be associated with FC Barcelona.

Then he goes to Munich, has a big fall out with all the medical staff funnily enough, I wonder why?

And then Manchester City were fined THREE TIMES within the first 6 months of Pep Guardiola's appointment for violations of anti-doping regulations.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 3:26pm
Sounds like admin errors for City, do the players get tested after every game?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 3:28pm
Nothing to see here move on 😂😂😂. Isn’t that the same doctor who worked with tennis player Nadal (who I always suspected was on smarties)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Sounds like admin errors for City, do the players get tested after every game?

Same admin errors that happened when he was manager at Barcelona? Can't get simple things like whereabouts correct

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Nothing to see here move on 😂😂😂. Isn’t that the same doctor who worked with tennis player Nadal (who I always suspected was on smarties)

Yep, but the judges would only allow him to name the cyclists.

Funny how nadal got a bit sh*t and injury prone after all this

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 4:09pm
Of course pro sports players use drugs. All of em. And gaa players, though they mostly do coke.

Edited by oldbilly - 26 Dec 2017 at 4:10pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:14pm
Decent podcast on Off The Ball with Michael Rasmussen, Danish cyclist banned for PED's. Goes into detail about what he was taking, etc.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Decent podcast on Off The Ball with Michael Rasmussen, Danish cyclist banned for PED's. Goes into detail about what he was taking, etc.

The one with Keith Richards will be more interesting.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Just listen to it. Really does give you an insight into the doping culture in cycling during that period

Edited by Charlton's Child - 10 Jan 2018 at 2:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 44>
  Share Topic