You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ah I'm just trying to get as fit and as lean as I possibly can, with that comes sacrifices like anything I guess.

I'd say I've drank no more than a handful of times the past year and with that I've fully embraced healthy eating/living etc which for me anyway has been a positive. 

I want to get back playing senior football with my club next year if I'm still in Ireland, using that as motivation to have one last crack at it! 

MC Hammered posted something up before this before.

And as Gaz mentioned it's all about calorie intake. Avoid sugar at all costs.
Don't eat any food with more than approx 5% sugars.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:35am
If you drink "too much" water do your kidneys not p1ss it all away.    

I think the body only stores excess water when it starts feeling dehydrated or undernourished.    So drinking more water means you actually store less.    

Water wouldn't be massively high on the list of things to cut out if you want to lose body weight.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

I think the body only stores excess water when it starts feeling dehydrated or undernourished.    So drinking more water means you actually store less.    

Water wouldn't be massively high on the list of things to cut out if you want to lose body weight.

What about chips and Lidl's premium triple choc muffins?  
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

I'm assuming GD is buying the Sauna suit I've got as he mentioned myself which was linked earlier in the thread then the water is absorbed into the suit as it's made out of rubber then becomes a strength exercise aswell as a cardio on.

Someone posted the suit is actually banned in some disciplines it's that good at what it does, but people have taken it far off and absolutely dehydrated themselves and collapsed.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:25am
The sauna suit sounds a bit excessive, but I am genuinely concerned about a fella watching his water intake. That sounds like an unhealthy obsession to distract from a more serious matter. 
I'm not going to tell anybody to not try and be healthy, but there's a bang of anorexia, or similar, off this. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:04am

I've decided to sell my sauna suit after many successful years of use. Shall we open the bidding at €200? 

Gimp Suit Blank Template - Imgflip
El Puto Amo
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

It's great to see progress, keeps the motivation up. Only really at the running this year and moreso since the lockdown, have got my 5k time down from 28 mins to just over 25 in 2 months. Have done some 7-8k runs too and one 10k. Asked a few weeks ago on another thread about a running watch, got one and found its helped hugely been able to see real time stats. 

As said above about the injuries - have had a couple myself so do a better warm up each day and a good stretching/rolling session each week. Seems to have helped
Have kept the running up. 5k three or four mornings during the week and a 50/60k cycle on a Sunday. Running 5k in about 23:40 now & have the weight down 17 pounds since the end of April. 

Couldn't run a full 5k a year ago without stopping at least once so seeing the improvement is a huge motivator to keep it up. 

Was mentioned on another thread about intermittent fasting so started that and along with the running and it has worked. Probably the only thing I've done to lose weight in the last few years that actually has. Skip breakfast, have lunch then a snack about 4 and dinner at 7. That's it bar a cup of tea in the evening. Do that Monday-Friday and have a bit of a more scattered routine at the weekends but don't go overboard either. Still have another stone or so to lose so hopefully can keep going and have it gone by xmas

Some people just deserve a slap
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:27am

It's great to see progress, keeps the motivation up. Only really at the running this year and moreso since the lockdown, have got my 5k time down from 28 mins to just over 25 in 2 months. Have done some 7-8k runs too and one 10k. Asked a few weeks ago on another thread about a running watch, got one and found its helped hugely been able to see real time stats. 

As said above about the injuries - have had a couple myself so do a better warm up each day and a good stretching/rolling session each week. Seems to have helped
Have kept the running up. 5k three or four mornings during the week and a 50/60k cycle on a Sunday. Running 5k in about 23:40 now & have the weight down 17 pounds since the end of April. 

Couldn't run a full 5k a year ago without stopping at least once so seeing the improvement is a huge motivator to keep it up. 

Was mentioned on another thread about intermittent fasting so started that and along with the running and it has worked. Probably the only thing I've done to lose weight in the last few years that actually has. Skip breakfast, have lunch then a snack about 4 and dinner at 7. That's it bar a cup of tea in the evening. Do that Monday-Friday and have a bit of a more scattered routine at the weekends but don't go overboard either. Still have another stone or so to lose so hopefully can keep going and have it gone by xmas

Fair play! Keep going!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I've decided to sell my sauna suit after many successful years of use. Shall we open the bidding at €200? 

Gimp Suit Blank Template - Imgflip

What you get upto on a night is entirely down to you but I wouldn't say it's been used LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:34am

That's an unbelievable improvement Clap. Once the likes of parkrun are back you should do one, in a race setting with others around you should be able to get into the 22's no problem.  
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

That's an unbelievable improvement Clap. Once the likes of parkrun are back you should do one, in a race setting with others around you should be able to get into the 22's no problem.  
Cheers lads. Have only ever done 2 Parkruns, both last November. First one was 28:22 & second 27:30 so can see the improvement. Was never a runner really but actually enjoy getting out now. Did a charity 10k back in April i think and nearly died after it but would like to build up to do one again.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 12:00pm
sauna suits LOL

after coming a long way from wrapping black sacks around you on a Monday night run after being on the beer Sat and Sunday night just so you could get the beer out of ya when you were back training on Tuesday night and nobody would notice. LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 12:01pm

Cheers lads. Have only ever done 2 Parkruns, both last November. First one was 28:22 & second 27:30 so can see the improvement. Was never a runner really but actually enjoy getting out now. Did a charity 10k back in April i think and nearly died after it but would like to build up to do one again.

At the pace your running at now you'd have no issue going out a doing a 10k today. Pull back to about 5/5:20 a km and you'll get through it. Last 2 km you'll slow down as you're not regularly doing that distance but should get through it without any issue.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The sauna suit sounds a bit excessive, but I am genuinely concerned about a fella watching his water intake. That sounds like an unhealthy obsession to distract from a more serious matter. 
I'm not going to tell anybody to not try and be healthy, but there's a bang of anorexia, or similar, off this. 
I’d agree with this. GD you’re obviously in good nick, cutting water intake won’t give you a competitive advantage 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 12:36pm

At the pace your running at now you'd have no issue going out a doing a 10k today. Pull back to about 5/5:20 a km and you'll get through it. Last 2 km you'll slow down as you're not regularly doing that distance but should get through it without any issue.
Thumbs Up
Have found the watch a help too so it'd help more with what you've said for the 10k
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:23pm
Horsebox watch - spotted beating off some dog with a stick in the Millbrook area
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:24pm

True
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Horsebox watch - spotted beating off some dog with a stick in the Millbrook area
A difficult trick. The poor dog's flute must be in bits.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
  Share Topic