You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/athletics/2021/0407/1208480-sprinter-leon-reid-charged-with-drugs-offences-in-uk/
Jaysus Shocked

Looking at a long aul spell in the clink if he gets convicted 

Couldn't believe it. He's a really goody 2 shoes. I'd say he just let his house being used, as I know he's spent most of his time in SA training.

Here's the full charge.

Leon Reid, 26 (dob 26/07/94), Longmead Terrace, Bath
Conspiracy to supply class A (cocaine), permitting premises to be used in the production of class A (crack cocaine), concealing criminal property, and acquiring criminal property.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/athletics/2021/0407/1208480-sprinter-leon-reid-charged-with-drugs-offences-in-uk/
Jaysus Shocked

Looking at a long aul spell in the clink if he gets convicted 

Couldn't believe it. He's a really goody 2 shoes. I'd say he just let his house being used, as I know he's spent most of his time in SA training.

Here's the full charge.

Leon Reid, 26 (dob 26/07/94), Longmead Terrace, Bath
Conspiracy to supply class A (cocaine), permitting premises to be used in the production of class A (crack cocaine), concealing criminal property, and acquiring criminal property.

When I saw it first I thought he was after being caught with PEDs of the  sporting variety and the charges were from UKADA 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:16pm
I’ve recently began running at 7am, every morning. It’s made a huge difference to my mental health in just a week. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

I’ve recently began running at 7am, every morning. It’s made a huge difference to my mental health in just a week. 
You still jumping fences in between?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:08am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOLLOL
I love beer gardens
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:14am

In fairness to you Tops, I was in the habit of doing it first thing myself, for a few months at least, it made the world of difference.  Unfortunately, it's a good habit I got out of. It definitely works, but isn't always the easiest to maintain. If you are in the habit, keep doing it.
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:18am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

LOLLOL

Preparing for 14:50 in Aintree Wink 6/1. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:27am

He is flying over them.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:52am
Have a virtual marathon on the May bank holiday weekend.
Did 32km at the weekend which is the longest run in the training palnner and it's slightly shorter 25/20/16 in the next few weeks.
Have a friend running with me for the second half to help me through but it'll probably be a lot harder to run it without other participants.
Hopefully the Dublin marathon is back to normal by October.
The dark side.. And the light
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:32pm
Fair play to you. I just couldn't get motivated for a virtual marathon and my distances have fallen back completely. I wouldn't be too confident on Dublin going ahead but I will be training for Lanzarote in December so fingers crossed that will go ahead.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:58pm
Dublin will probably go ahead but like London last year I'd say it'll be for elite level athletes only
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:01pm

Dublin will probably go ahead but like London last year I'd say it'll be for elite level athletes only
Are you suggesting elite athletes don't post here?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:38pm
shin splints are my biggest bug bear. i ran 1000km between march and december. gave it 6 weeks rest at start of the year to see if i could heal the issue. ever since i've only been running 20 to 25k a week. i can feel them again, especially after the 10k's. anyone got any advice? tried various stretches having read stuff on google but alas things are only marginally better. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

shin splints are my biggest bug bear. i ran 1000km between march and december. gave it 6 weeks rest at start of the year to see if i could heal the issue. ever since i've only been running 20 to 25k a week. i can feel them again, especially after the 10k's. anyone got any advice? tried various stretches having read stuff on google but alas things are only marginally better. 

It's most likely down to the bio-mechanics of your feet. If you have any pronation then you'll need to address it.

I've had shin splints since I was a kid and orthotics was the only thing that fixed it for me.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:01pm

It's most likely down to the bio-mechanics of your feet. If you have any pronation then you'll need to address it.

I've had shin splints since I was a kid and orthotics was the only thing that fixed it for me.

cheers. might have that looked into once the pandemic eases. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:06pm

There are lots of variables to consider too - stretching, strengthening your calves etc...

Your running style is important too - I got video analysis done last year and when I run, I lean forward a bit, and that causes your shins, and knees to take most of your upper body weight. This is a problem will contribute too.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:49pm

There are lots of variables to consider too - stretching, strengthening your calves etc...

Your running style is important too - I got video analysis done last year and when I run, I lean forward a bit, and that causes your shins, and knees to take most of your upper body weight. This is a problem will contribute too.

I couldn't get over how much difference stretching makes. 5-10 minutes in the morning and evening makes the world of difference, even without exercise. There's a reason the likes of Ryan Giggs and Tom Brady, who were able to stay fit as they got to 40 swore by Yoga and plyometric exercises.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 3:06pm
i must do more stretching. i'm a divil for heading out for a run without doing much if any stretches.probably why the first 1km is usually my slowest. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic