You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Horsebox watch - spotted beating off some dog with a stick in the Millbrook area
A difficult trick. The poor dog's flute must be in bits.

LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm
so anyone else doing the virtual marathon this weekend? The new restrictions have caused a pit of a pain in the hole for for anyone that has had their route planned for some time

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:43pm
My training more a less stopped when it was announced that it was cancelled. 
Friend of mine did it today. Managed to do it by staying mostly in Tallaght. 
The support of the crowd and other runners really got me through the marathon last year, so fair play to those doing it on their own. 
The dark side.. And the light
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:03pm
did it today with a mate, my first time doing one, glad it’s over although I felt comfortable doing it, just found it a bit boring. Mate has done a few and said you badly miss the crowds and the sense of achievement 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

did it today with a mate, my first time doing one, glad it’s over although I felt comfortable doing it, just found it a bit boring. Mate has done a few and said you badly miss the crowds and the sense of achievement 
Fiar play shock. I've never done a virtual one, 20 miles would have been the furthest I've done solo. THe buzz of a marathon is definetly a huge lift. The crowds in the last 10 miles is great, not to mention the constant strem of other runners you try to pass.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:06am
Wasn’t solo had 1 mate which helped, even if the chat was less and less as we got further into it.
I think he found it a lot tougher than I did without the crowds as I don’t know any different. I’d also say he’s in a lot better shape than I am today!

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 9:18am
Fair play Shoco Clap
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 9:21am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

The support of the crowd and other runners really got me through the marathon last year, so fair play to those doing it on their own. 

I was meant to have done Cork at the June Bank Holiday and Dublin last weekend but pulled back the training completely during the first lockdown and never really got back into it. Signed up to the virtual marathon when it was announced but like most things during the year I lost interest in that too as didn't find it any real incentive to train. Getting back now and aim to run the same two next year providing they go ahead.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I was meant to have done Cork at the June Bank Holiday and Dublin last weekend but pulled back the training completely during the first lockdown and never really got back into it. Signed up to the virtual marathon when it was announced but like most things during the year I lost interest in that too as didn't find it any real incentive to train. Getting back now and aim to run the same two next year providing they go ahead.
Tempted to aim for one myself next year too. Perfect winter to do it, sod all else to do, gyms closed, less boozing that usual. It's the uncertainty of not knowing if they'll be cancelled at short notice that would put me off.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Tempted to aim for one myself next year too. Perfect winter to do it, sod all else to do, gyms closed, less boozing that usual. It's the uncertainty of not knowing if they'll be cancelled at short notice that would put me off.

You'd hope Dublin in 12 months will be fine but Cork on the June Bank Holiday mightn't but I'll still sign up to give myself something to train for.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 12:19pm
Had signed up for the Limerick marathon which was due to happen on the May bank holiday but got an email saying it will be a virtual event now.
The options seem to be do the virtual event or defer till next year, no refund it seems.
With a kid along the way this summer I can't see myself having any time for training next year.

The training had been going well too. Up to 17km while I've been 'working from home' and hoping to be back up to half marathon distance next week or so.
The dark side.. And the light
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:11pm

Had signed up for the Limerick marathon which was due to happen on the May bank holiday but got an email saying it will be a virtual event now.
The options seem to be do the virtual event or defer till next year, no refund it seems.
With a kid along the way this summer I can't see myself having any time for training next year.

The training had been going well too. Up to 17km while I've been 'working from home' and hoping to be back up to half marathon distance next week or so.
The Dublin marathon did similar last year. If you're doing it virtually do it in Phoenix Park. There'll be a good few doing laps of that on the day
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 1:43pm
Anyone else have a fitbit? I use just the watch when going out for a run. Cost 150 quid and don't seem too reliable. Mine seems to be off by .2km and then not sure on the timings etc.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Anyone else have a fitbit? I use just the watch when going out for a run. Cost 150 quid and don't seem too reliable. Mine seems to be off by .2km and then not sure on the timings etc.

I use a Garmin watch and it would be about the same .2km off per 5km. When ever I check the GPS map after through the app it has me cutting every corner and running through peoples gardens.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:33pm
https://www.rte.ie/sport/athletics/2021/0407/1208480-sprinter-leon-reid-charged-with-drugs-offences-in-uk/

Jaysus Shocked

Looking at a long aul spell in the clink if he gets convicted 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Apr 2021 at 8:33pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:47pm
Doing a fair bit of walking of late trying to get the steps in and just randomly broke into a run this evening. Did two half laps of the local park with walking the other half. 

First bit of running since football has been banned. Feels good especially with the tunes in the ear Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:25pm
The Milbrook field is 2k, I'd do that about 4 days a week. I'm hurdling it more than running it with the amount of dog sh*te and domestic waste.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Milbrook field is 2k, I'd do that about 4 days a week. I'm hurdling it more than running it with the amount of dog sh*te and domestic waste.

I walk through that and head around and do a few laps of the big
field at the side of Fox Hill. No sh*te there the last week anyway.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
  Share Topic