You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 64>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 1:28pm
He’s turning 25 next year, he really needs to settle down with a side now and push on. He’s struggled to break into the WHU team for 1/2 years now. Lower PL side or stronger championship side is what he needs from this summer.
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

He’s turning 25 next year, he really needs to settle down with a side now and push on. He’s struggled to break into the WHU team for 1/2 years now. Lower PL side or stronger championship side is what he needs from this summer.

You've just described West Ham's status in the natural order of things.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 24 Jul 2020 at 2:11pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 5:59pm

He’s 27 in three years time, really needs to kick on.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

30's just around the corner. May need to bow out of the international scene to prolong his club career.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

30's just around the corner. May need to bow out of the international scene to prolong his club career.

The logical option.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 12:48pm
Crystal Palace and Fulham interested according to the Telegraph.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 1:28pm
Brilliant news, maybe I see him trough Rose tinted glasses but ever since his debut against juventus 3 years ago he has been a success everywhere he's played. Even West ham fans are applauding him this preseason. His style of play as a deep lying midfielder who likes to pass forward is perfect for kennys scheme and I was dissapointed and annoyed when he did not make this squad. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Brilliant news, maybe I see him trough Rose tinted glasses but ever since his debut against juventus 3 years ago he has been a success everywhere he's played. Even West ham fans are applauding him this preseason. His style of play as a deep lying midfielder who likes to pass forward is perfect for kennys scheme and I was dissapointed and annoyed when he did not make this squad. 

Yeah he’s definitely got the ability to play with a Top 6/8 Championship club weekly if not push for a place in the West Ham/PL team. Souzek Rice Noble and Wilshere are the midfield options and Wilshere is constantly injured Noble is heavily pushing on so if Moyes rates him he should definitely get his chance.

A West Ham supporting pal of mine said he rates Coventry far higher and is arguably their best academy prospect but I’d prefer him to go out on loan for games to learn his trade a bit. He’s only turned 20 so he still has plenty time to go on loan like Cullen did for 2/3 seasons and get ready. 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 1:55pm
He's 24 now, needs assurances from West ham or get out. No more loans, he needs a club of his own. Lot of west ham fans said he looks better than Nobel did at that age. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 2:10pm

He's 24 now, needs assurances from West ham or get out. No more loans, he needs a club of his own. Lot of west ham fans said he looks better than Nobel did at that age. 

Agreed I was referring to Coventry going on loan for 2/3 years. Cullen definitely needs to either get assurances or sign for a club. Wouldn’t mind him at a Top 6 Championship club but if the likes of Fulham and Leeds are showing interest he should sign if he can’t be guaranteed games at West Ham. 

Who’s to say he won’t be a part of the plans there we will have to see.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 2:13pm

Alfred Nobel didn't even invent dynamite until he was in his thirties.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:00pm
Qpr are allegedly interested as well but some of the stuff online is completely made up rubbish.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:31pm
I hope he stays at West Ham and keeps Rice on the bench.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 4:20pm

Noble was playing his best football for West Ham and had made over a hundred Premier league appearances at 24. Cullen hasn't started a Premier league match, so not sure what those fans are basing this on....a lot of pre season friendlies they aren't actually allowed in to watch?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 4:41pm

He is still so young 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Noble was playing his best football for West Ham and had made over a hundred Premier league appearances at 24. Cullen hasn't started a Premier league match, so not sure what those fans are basing this on....a lot of pre season friendlies they aren't actually allowed in to watch?
Noble was given a chance because West ham were in the championship at the time, Cullen has not had that opportunity. All West ham games vs Wycombe Ipswich and brendford have been available to watch online. Ask any charlton fan what they think of Cullen? There was a letter published from their supporters club thanking him and stating he was the best player ever on loan at the club. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 6:28pm
He was certainly one of Charlton's best players, but then they are a pretty terrible team. He just needs to go wherever he can get regular matches at this time. Nobody hangs around to their mid twenties at a club without getting a single Premier league game, its getting ridiculous.He's played plenty of pre season games in the past but it makes no difference.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 7:37pm
Surprised he wasn’t called up by Kenny and although they are very different players I would have him in ahead of Hourihane who’s strengths we all appreciate but at international level I don’t think Conor offers enough....love to be proven wrong as I think he’s a good pro.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 64>
  Share Topic