You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 61>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Josh came on as sub on 70 mins with his team leading 3-1 playing against 10 men. Manages to get booked on 75 and sent off on 85. Dope.

Again?
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 3:50pm
They are  playing Tommorrow I think
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 3:59pm
Doh ...too much Moretti 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 04 Apr 2021 at 4:00pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 7:15pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 2:07pm
LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 7:40pm
Anderlecht won 2-1 against Brugge. Cullen on the bench but came on at 1-0 down and they won 2-1. Will get his starting place back now no doubt. 

He’s having a great season and wouldn’t it be amazing if they got 2nd place and got a Champions League play off spot. Definitely our best chance to see a player in the Champions League next season.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Anderlecht won 2-1 against Brugge. Cullen on the bench but came on at 1-0 down and they won 2-1. Will get his starting place back now no doubt. 

He’s having a great season and wouldn’t it be amazing if they got 2nd place and got a Champions League play off spot. Definitely our best chance to see a player in the Champions League next season.

He got an assist too, just saying 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:04pm

I see the Belgian league has 4 CL spots  going by the table on google. Surely second place would be automatic qualification for the group stage no? 

Antwerp have to play Genk in the last game. Hopefully Antwerp drop points tomorrow and also draw/win against Genk in the last game. It would see Anderlecht get second place with a win.  

Edited by irishmufc - 11 Apr 2021 at 8:05pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I see the Belgian league has 4 CL spots  going by the table on google. Surely second place would be automatic qualification for the group stage no? 

Antwerp have to play Genk in the last game. Hopefully Antwerp drop points tomorrow and also draw/win against Genk in the last game. It would see Anderlecht get second place with a win.  

No, it's some top 4 league they play or something.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

No, it's some top 4 league they play or something.

Yes they play a play off League where 2nd 3rd and 4th will be decided. Club Brugge barring a catastrophe really should win it. 

2 teams in the Champions League 2 in Europa and 1 in the conference League as far as I’m aware is Belgiums state of play?
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 9:49pm
The league will split soon, think there is only 1 or 2 games left and the top 4 will form a separate mini league, crucially though the current points total is halved.

Still gives Brugge a decent advantage but with 6 games to play (3 home and 3 away)against supposedly the other top teams it's not out of the question that Anderlecht can still win the league.

If Brugge do just dominate then 2nd gets champions league qualifying spot too
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

The league will split soon, think there is only 1 or 2 games left and the top 4 will form a separate mini league, crucially though the current points total is halved.

Still gives Brugge a decent advantage but with 6 games to play (3 home and 3 away)against supposedly the other top teams it's not out of the question that Anderlecht can still win the league.

If Brugge do just dominate then 2nd gets champions league qualifying spot too

They remind me a bit of Man Utd in England. Gradually getting it together and they are hitting form. If they got 2nd and Cullen played CL football it would be amazing. Europa League football is no bad outcome either and they will get that at worst by the looks of it.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

It would be great for Cullen to play CL - but isn't he spending a bit too much time of late on the Anderlecht bench? Also, are we building hopes around a hitherto Championship-standard midfielder which he'll struggle to fulfil? He played well against Serbia but nothing special otherwise. Good luck to him - he'll probably figure regularly for Ireland but I've yet to see in him the player who'll make much difference. 

he started pretty much every game for a couple of months and played 90s mins, then started on the bench just before the international break, came on and got sent off. missed the next game, and started on the bench at the weekend. guarantee he will start the next game Smile
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:18pm
Cullen has been very good for Anderlecht, got an assist for them in the crucial game over the weekend. He is 100% starting unless he's not fit, not sure where you're getting the idea he's a bit part player.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:51pm
This weekend saw the start of the Belgian Pro League.
Cullen started for Anderlecht but unfortunately lost 1-3 at home against newly promoted Union Saint-Gilloise.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:53am
I thought Josh had a cracking game last night. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:04pm
I like him a lot. In the first half when Ronaldo thought he could stand up the short lad for the crowd, Josh wasn’t having any of it. His ability to pick a pass from deep is really valuable 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:10pm

Cullen was excellent. He did more than just the holding role. He was comfortable passing the ball forward and his selection of passes was great. I've always liked what I've seen of him. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 61>
  Share Topic