Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 64>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:11pm
Great to see. Always liked him, very assured on the ball & full of energy. 
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:09pm
Great stuff to receive that confidence from such a legend. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:16pm
A midfield of Cullen Knight & Molumby would be great to see 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:24pm
Fair play to him. Could have settled for a championship club but made the move to the continent and it seems to be paying off for him. Hopefully more of our players follow suit.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:28pm
Didn’t he lose teeth during a West Ham game and play on or am I making that up? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Didn’t he lose teeth during a West Ham game and play on or am I making that up? 

Just the one as far as I can remember. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Yeah thats looking like a good balance in terms of player attributes with Cullen just in behind Knight and Molumby.

Not a midfield short of energy either.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Yeah thats looking like a good balance in terms of player attributes with Cullen just in behind Knight and Molumby.

Yeah it's a midfield I would like to see at some stage but cant imagine it against serbia away. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:04am

Short of height though, Cullen and Knight are small and Molumby isn't huge either. Physical presence is something to consider in the middle and set pieces either end.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:17am
Plenty energy and guys who get around the pitch. The work Knight gets through at Derby is something else. Molumby and Cullen the same. 

We have enough height in our set of defenders to make up for it.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:43am
We do like height in the middle, but our most physically dominant midfielders weren’t all that big. Keane, Carsley, Ronnie Whelan, weren’t giants. 

Jack Taylor is over 6 ft I think
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:46am
I’ve watched a lot of his games since he went over to Belgium and he has generally been very good. It’s great to see it. I’m sure the the 2 doom and gloom merchants will be on here and rubbishing everything again when there is something positive. God they are so depressing on almost every post. I wonder why they come on here at all . If you’re an Irish fan you have to have Hope and I certainly have . What’s the point otherwise.

Edited by Liam Green - 23 Jan 2021 at 1:46am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 2:14am
Tbf to scissorskick I don’t think he was guilty of that there more so making the correct point they lack height/physicality. 

Your right in general. We have a lot of good young players now 18-22 breaking through at clubs on a volume I haven’t remotely seen ever. (approaching my mid 20s) I am excited but it’s a different perspective for me. 

if you were in your 40s 50s and you see the quality in the 88,90,94 teams or even the 2002 team where we had 6/7 players playing for the top 3/4 PL teams you would think ahh people need to relax these young lads have a long way to go to match them I get that too a world away in perspective to mine.

Doherty signing for Spurs and Kelleher breaking through with Liverpool as 2nd choice now means we have 2 players at “top 6 clubs” again. Before Kelleher and Parrott in the League Cup last year how long ago was it O’Shea at Man Utd? Talking 6-8 years.

There is definite reasons to be positive and it’s important to be patient with these lads too and not take out the sh*t being served up/dearth of quality the previous few years on them either. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Tbf to scissorskick I don’t think he was guilty of that there more so making the correct point they lack height/physicality. 

Your right in general. We have a lot of good young players now 18-22 breaking through at clubs on a volume I haven’t remotely seen ever. (approaching my mid 20s) I am excited but it’s a different perspective for me. 

if you were in your 40s 50s and you see the quality in the 88,90,94 teams or even the 2002 team where we had 6/7 players playing for the top 3/4 PL teams you would think ahh people need to relax these young lads have a long way to go to match them I get that too a world away in perspective to mine.

Doherty signing for Spurs and Kelleher breaking through with Liverpool as 2nd choice now means we have 2 players at “top 6 clubs” again. Before Kelleher and Parrott in the League Cup last year how long ago was it O’Shea at Man Utd? Talking 6-8 years.

There is definite reasons to be positive and it’s important to be patient with these lads too and not take out the sh*t being served up/dearth of quality the previous few years on them either. 
To be fair all that positive is good around the young lads is good but Doherty has been poor at Spurs no where near as effective a full back as opposed to wing back Coleman is a far better option at full back hopefully Kennny sees sense and plays Coleman next day out 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:39am

Funny how the mood of a forum can change in the space of a month.

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I would have both Cullen and Molumby ahead of Hendrick at the moment. Aside from the fact that they're both already better than him we'd be better served investing in players that have potential to develop than someone who is already as good as he will be and is unlikely to develop further. Also both have shown what they can do in the Championship this year. And the Belgian League is a lot better than League 2.

LOL

If you disagree say why HB, just comes across as personal abuse otherwise, everyone entitled to their own opinion 

A very good point

Is it f**k a good point! HB is right to laugh at that.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Short of height though, Cullen and Knight are small and Molumby isn't huge either. Physical presence is something to consider in the middle and set pieces either end.

Hendrick and Hourihane are taller but both not exactly renowned for their aerial presence.

Could play Knight in behind the forwards as part of the front 3 seeing as we dont have mcgoldrick available anymore. Better than playing Parrott or idah until they come good -

Cullen 
Hendrick   Molumby 

Knight 
 Robinson Connolly 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:49pm
Brady will definitely be starting.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Brady will definitely be starting.

And Hendrick.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 64>
  Share Topic