Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 61>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 9:51pm
Watched the game tonight, Anderlecht beat league leaders Genk 1-0 thanks to a penalty, Cullen was lively and busy and did well but thought the standard of football on display was poor enough to be fair.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:59pm
Hope he can get a run now. Looks like he was involved in a clash that left a Genk player injured?

7 Cullen: While still unconvinced, the Irish midfielder has finally shown why Anderlecht bought him.  Available and often well placed, he offered two caviar to Verschaeren then Delcroix at the start of the match while snatching a lot of balls.  Stunned following his violent contact with Cuesta, he still took part in the game without too much (re) flexing.

Edited by DeclanDaly - 11 Dec 2020 at 11:01pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Hope he can get a run now. Looks like he was involved in a clash that left a Genk player injured?

7 Cullen: While still unconvinced, the Irish midfielder has finally shown why Anderlecht bought him.  Available and often well placed, he offered two caviar to Verschaeren then Delcroix at the start of the match while snatching a lot of balls.  Stunned following his violent contact with Cuesta, he still took part in the game without too much (re) flexing.

Offering caviar to his teammates is a nice gesture - it sure beats jaffa cakes and orange slices - but surely molesting opposition players is not on?

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 11 Dec 2020 at 11:06pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:16pm

It was a bad clash of heads that stopped the game for about 6 mins.  The Genk player had to be replaced and Cullen got a big bandage and carried on . I saw most of the game and I though he played well and hardly wasted any possession at all and kept things moving well through the middle. Best I’ve seen him play and I’ve seen a fair bit of him over the last few years. 
Saw about 10/15 mins  of the grasshoppers Zurich game too and Conor Ronan looked a bit lost in what I saw in a 3-1 defeat . They are still top of the 2nd division  table .

Edited by Liam Green - 11 Dec 2020 at 11:22pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 12:00pm
Great to see he played and also that they won a game. Going by Twitter he impressed plenty too. 

Amazing for all the games they have drawn/messed up they will only be 7 points off the top of the League at most by Sunday night. 

Hopefully they can kick on as bar Doherty/Kelleher Cullen arguably represents our best chance of having a player let’s say in the Champions League next year or even Europe. That Anderlecht squad is more then good enough to be challenging if not winning that League.

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Dec 2020 at 12:00pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 12:24pm
Fingers crossed but the jury is still out on him going by the player ratings posted above your comment.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 6:58pm
Cullen playing again tonight for Anderlecht. Very much in the team now and also seems getting a bit more love on Twitter off the fanbase as weeks go on. 

Great to see they climb to 4th 7pts off the top if they win tonight (they did win). With the squad they have they really ought to be challenging for the League or a CL place at the very least (Top 2) so hope they keep that momentum going. Long way to go in that yet before you even get to the play off system they have.

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Dec 2020 at 7:16pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:49pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9126023/Josh-Cullen-proving-central-Anderlechts-hopes-making-Champions-League.html

Positive article here (albeit in the MailDisapprove) about Cullen's first few months in Belgium. He has the potential to be a big player for us over the next few years I think. 

On a side note, this was the type of move that I think Byrne should have made
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9126023/Josh-Cullen-proving-central-Anderlechts-hopes-making-Champions-League.html

Positive article here (albeit in the MailDisapprove) about Cullen's first few months in Belgium. He has the potential to be a big player for us over the next few years I think. 

On a side note, this was the type of move that I think Byrne should have made
Was reading that article earlier. Seems like he’s going well for them. Played full 90 in 5 out of the last 6 games. Hopefully he pushes on now as that no. 6 jersey for us is up for grabs.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:47pm
Another 90mins under his belt today for the guy who's playing out foreign.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Another 90mins under his belt today for the guy who's playing out foreign.
Clap
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 4:32pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:43pm
Anderlecht up to 5th after beating Charleroi. Cullen had his best game so far by the looks of his stats.

Incidentally, AC Milan are coming in for another of their midfielders, Lokonga. Second time in the last year that AC Milan has bought from Anderlecht. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:51pm

Anderlecht up to 5th after beating Charleroi. Cullen had his best game so far by the looks of his stats.

Incidentally, AC Milan are coming in for another of their midfielders, Lokonga. Second time in the last year that AC Milan has bought from Anderlecht

Must be losing interest in Jeff then so
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:12pm
He is there captain tonight.  He must be playing well.

Edited by aviva8 - 22 Jan 2021 at 8:39pm
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

He is *their captain tonight. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:21pm

Compliments from Kompany:

“He never wins the man-of-the-match award but he’s one of the most popular guys in the squad,” the former Manchester City captain told Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure when asked about the Essex-born 24-year-old.

“His team-mates are the ones who admire him the most because he only has one thing on his mind: the team. If the team wins, it’s because he did a lot of the jobs that the others cannot.

“Against Genk, he injured his head and they put a bandage on him. As I know he’s of Irish descent and tough as iron, I slapped him on his bandage and said with a laugh: ‘Are you okay? Come on, run then, stop making excuses.’

“It was the same against Charleroi: he took a big tackle on the ankle but I knew he’d continue, even if his leg was cut in half.”

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:09pm

Compliments from Kompany:

“He never wins the man-of-the-match award but he’s one of the most popular guys in the squad,” the former Manchester City captain told Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure when asked about the Essex-born 24-year-old.

“His team-mates are the ones who admire him the most because he only has one thing on his mind: the team. If the team wins, it’s because he did a lot of the jobs that the others cannot.

“Against Genk, he injured his head and they put a bandage on him. As I know he’s of Irish descent and tough as iron, I slapped him on his bandage and said with a laugh: ‘Are you okay? Come on, run then, stop making excuses.’

“It was the same against Charleroi: he took a big tackle on the ankle but I knew he’d continue, even if his leg was cut in half.”

Vinny knows the craic!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 61>
  Share Topic