You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 61>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:08pm
Unused substitute today. Anderlecht losing 2-1 
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 5:06pm
Starts today.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:16pm
He played 90 mins . Had a decent game. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:27pm
Nice to see. Kompany on borrowed time there?? They are seriously underachieving for the squad they have in that League should easily be a top 3 team.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Nice to see. Kompany on borrowed time there?? They are seriously underachieving for the squad they have in that League should easily be a top 3 team.

Ya they weren’t great. They didn’t seem to have much quality going forward and didn’t look like scoring. Cullen was tidy on the ball as usual and passed it well
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 8:17pm
Kompany is a spoofer. Won't be there long. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:49am
Cullen not getting much love from Anderlecht fans on Twitter. Looks like they are pretty fed up of this regime. A big club at a low ebb could be make or break for cullen this year 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:33pm
Something similar happened at Feyenoord with Liam Kelly. Their fans had completely written him off as not good enough after one or two appearances. I noticed a similarly quick backlash for Cullen.

Maybe a move to the Dutch or Belgian leagues isn't the panacea we all thought it was?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:52pm
Yeah, I agree. I remember Kelly getting absolutely rinsed for pace through the middle in one of his first games. It lead straight to a goal. I don’t think he ever recovered from that, which is unfair considering his age and the role he was asked to play by Stam.

I hope Cullen has a bit more knowledge and will be less exposed playing in a 3. The sum of the criticism tends to be “what does he do?” 

Hopefully he’s not seen as emblematic of the overall failings of Kompany’s team
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 1:59pm
anderlecht are in bad form, any players seen as "kompany signings" will bear the main criticism for that, happens all the time. i dont understand people who look to twitter and the like to see how a player is doing, generally people only go to these places to post negative things, particularly when their team is not doing so well
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

anderlecht are in bad form, any players seen as "kompany signings" will bear the main criticism for that, happens all the time. i dont understand people who look to twitter and the like to see how a player is doing, generally people only go to these places to post negative things, particularly when their team is not doing so well

Totally agree with this, fans on Twitter are by no means a good barometer of how a player is actually performing, especially when the team is struggling. Its then used as a platform to vent frustration.

Using this forum as a case in point, I would say the users of this forum are deeply invested in all irish players and how they are performing and if you look at the Glenn Whelan thread, there's 10 years of people disagreeing with what he contributes to the ireland team.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Totally agree with this, fans on Twitter are by no means a good barometer of how a player is actually performing, especially when the team is struggling. Its then used as a platform to vent frustration.

Using this forum as a case in point, I would say the users of this forum are deeply invested in all irish players and how they are performing and if you look at the Glenn Whelan thread, there's 10 years of people disagreeing with what he contributes to the ireland team.

I agree. Dutch and Belgian fans who watch them closely every week know less than people who cadge updates from Kenny's Kids. Who do they think they are?
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 2:47pm
anyone can say anything they want on twitter, i could create 10,000 accounts if i want and dedicate it to saying messi is terrible, would that make messi terrible just because you read those posts? get your information from more reliable sources than random posts on twitter, i dont think this is controversial advice
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 2:47pm
Cullens game is never going to excite the fans anyway. Belgians prob appreciate more flair type players. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 3:02pm

anyone can say anything they want on twitter, i could create 10,000 accounts if i want and dedicate it to saying messi is terrible, would that make messi terrible just because you read those posts? get your information from more reliable sources than random posts on twitter, i dont think this is controversial advice

Oddly enough, the criticism of Kelly and Cullen I was referring to did not come from Twitter.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 9:58pm
I looked it up on Twitter after posters here said not much love he got criticism but there were a few basically calling him one of if not the only positive on the night.

Cullen is a better player then Kelly tbf so we will see how he does. I’m not sure Kompany cuts it as a manager for them lacks experience this obsession of inexperienced ex players being managers in football is very fashionable at the moment. 

That Anderlecht squad is comfortably in the top 3 in that League and the stats back it up he’s underachieving with it this year and likewise last year. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Oddly enough, the criticism of Kelly and Cullen I was referring to did not come from Twitter.

Fair enough. I see one poster say Kelly didn’t work out what if Cullen the same does that mean these moves abroad aren’t as wild as they are cracked up to be. I’d point to the fact that Kelly and Cullen went from bottom level Championship clubs to clubs the standard of Anderlecht and Feyenoord that in itself is surely noteworthy no? 😂 

I would be reasonably confident Cullen will work out with them too yet. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 11:49pm
The only source of information I trust is Garett Farrelly's Nutsack
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 61>
  Share Topic