Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 61>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 7:50am
No harm in having another set piece taker in the squad.  Takes a penalty also.   

AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 7:15pm
Starting his first game for Anderlecht tonight...
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:27pm
I've not seen him play much evan when he was at charlton but I have to say he made a big difference when he came on today.

Tidy on the ball, good forward passing, always offered for the ball, tough but fair tackling, held his position well.

Hopefully won't get overlooked again.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:31pm
I've said it before but don't understand why he keeps getting over looked, has done well every game I seen him play for West ham, Bradford, Charlton and Ireland. I think he's exactly what we need in kennys system, miles better than Hourihan at the moment. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:59pm
Needs to establish himself at Anderlecht. If he becomes a regular there, then he should be close to starting for us. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:01am
Is it his athleticism holding him back? Quite small and light and doesnt exactly glide across the pitch

Good baller though and a crying shame we have played 8 games and he started none
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:04am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Needs to establish himself at Anderlecht. If he becomes a regular there, then he should be close to starting for us. 

Don't really think that will be the case. Never even made initial squad. Hourihane hasn't played for Villa for a couple of months yet seems to always get game time regardless of performance.

Josh had more.impact in his sub performance tonight than Hourihane had in Kenny's reign so far. 

Frustrating when there seems no apparent logic to why players are/are not playing or even being selected. 
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:06am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Is it his athleticism holding him back? Quite small and light and doesnt exactly glide across the pitch

Good baller though and a crying shame we have played 8 games and he started none
Hourihane has zero athleticism yet always starts and doesn't get takem off
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:17am
Maybe fresh legs made him look well but I was more impressed with him getting on the ball and looking at a forward pass 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:40am
Seems to have a good ability to see the game around him while he collects the ball versus some of our players like hourihane taking an age to figure out what they are going to do
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:00am
Yeah, I don't get this oversight by Kenny.

A lack of first-team football is not an issue as we see Molumby and Hourihane in the squads with zero games between them in the league, if I am correct.

So seems Josh is not one of SK's guys and, like Byrne, may come a cause célèbre for fans over the SK reign.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yeah, I don't get this oversight by Kenny.

A lack of first-team football is not an issue as we see Molumby and Hourihane in the squads with zero games between them in the league, if I am correct.

So seems Josh is not one of SK's guys and, like Byrne, may come a cause célèbre for fans over the SK reign.
Most surprising part for me is you’d think he would be one of SK’s guys based on play style. We’re trying to play a more passing game with the ball on the ground and Cullen is perfect for it. He covers loads of ground and is very good at quick pass and move play. He’s just always popping up, basically the opposite of Hourihane. Yet he’s not even making the initial squad. 

He was a joy to watch for Charlton and that is the type of set up we should be trying to take examples from. They are were a bottom side in the championship but still played some lovely stuff. Funnily lacking a goal scorer like us was often their downfall. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 10:37am
He seems a good technical hardworking footballer. Not sure why a good championship side didn't snap him up. 

I can only think his stature puts managers off because his football is very good.

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 11:03am
cullen + byrne are puzzles, on paper they would seem to be kenny type players. looking at how the under 21's played, cullen could have acted as his "coventry" and byrne as his "ronan". instead he has tried to shoehorn less suited players to these positions for some reason
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 3:37pm
I really think he should be in with a shout for a starting place. Was surprised he didn't even make the squad. Hopefully he can establish himself at anderlecht. feel like hes been good whenever hes played for us, surely a better option than hourihane at this stage
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 11:02am
100% should b in any 23 man squad.  Should be getting game time also, dont see why kenny overlooks him.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 12:00pm
Have always been impressed by him. At the very least he should be in all the final 23 squads. 

Kenny's entitled to pick who he wants but I think Cullen is huge blind spot for him if he only sees him as a stand by for squads. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 12:01pm
I suspect he will be in future squads if he plays for
anderlecht
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 61>
  Share Topic