Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 64>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 9:38pm
is he good enough for West Ham next season if they barely stay up? To fill in for Rice if he leaves for Chelsea?
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

is he good enough for West Ham next season if they barely stay up? To fill in for Rice if he leaves for Chelsea?

Rice captained WH against Chelsea on Wednesday. I suspect if WH stay up the team will be built around him and that might include captaincy.

Cullen first benched for WH in 2015, Bilic, Moyes, and Pelligrini have wanted Cullen around, but have been open to loaning him. I suspect as long as Rice is there, there is little scope for Cullen to break into the CDM role.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:41pm
I’d love to say he could replace Rice at West Ham if they stay up but I can’t see it. I hope I’m wrong but  I think the championship is just about his best level .  Hopefully Conor Coventry makes some progress at the hammers but he surprisingly struggled at Lincoln city in league one earlier this year on loan. But he’s still young and he has shown a lot of promise for our u19 and u21s. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 11:36am
Rice or no Rice Soucek a crocked Wilshere a pushing on Noble it isn’t exactly Kante and Matic he has to fight for the other role as they normally play 2 midfielders. If West Ham don’t hold him I’d be stunned if he wasn’t with at least a Top 6 Championship club next year either permanently or on loan and every possibility he could get a move to a newly promoted/bottom 5 PL team. Look at Charltons form before his injury during and since he’s been back. He’s there best player by a distance and it’s not gone unnoticed.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 9:48pm
Charlton gone down to league one, surely josh get loan move to another championship team. Delighted for O Shea and Robinson tonight
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 9:50pm
He needs to leave West Ham in the summer on a permanent basis, try and find himself a good Championship club with aspirations of pushing for the play-offs at least.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 9:54pm
He's still contracted to West 'Am for another season and Moyes seems to like him. If he isn't given a chance there I'm sure he'll get a championship move at least.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 9:58pm
Charlton relegated, but Cullen has been one of their best players. Don't know if he has what it takes to get into the WHU squad, but seems to be at a level above League 1. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:01pm
Losing Taylor really did it for Charlton, they've lack any semblance of a cutting edge post lockdown.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:02pm
By far there best player and if he didn’t get injured for 3 months they would have stayed up. Form fell off a cliff when he got injured. Big chance under Moyes of playing for West Ham or at the very least a top 6-8 Championship club. Norwich might suit him really well actually or you could see a West Brom/Bournemouth go in for him. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:03pm
This was a good season for Cullen. His value has increased, and he will be noticed by Championship teams. The decision to extend his deal at WHU made sense for a number of reasons, but if Moyes isn't going to pick him, he's better off moving. He is 24, so its important to establish himself quickly 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

This was a good season for Cullen. His value has increased, and he will be noticed by Championship teams. The decision to extend his deal at WHU made sense for a number of reasons, but if Moyes isn't going to pick him, he's better off moving. He is 24, so its important to establish himself quickly 

I think if Moyes is the West Ham manager next season, he will give Cullen a chance. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I think if Moyes is the West Ham manager next season, he will give Cullen a chance. 

If they sell Declan then it would make sense to buy a replacement and give Cullen a chance to fight for that spot as well. If not, Cullen would likely be riding the bench and get an occasional Cup or sub appearance. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If they sell wankstain then it would make sense to buy a replacement and give Cullen a chance to fight for that spot as well. If not, Cullen would likely be riding the bench and get an occasional Cup or sub appearance. 

Fixed Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:51pm
I think the end of the season has probably secured Rice for another season. Its been a good end to the season, and the players are generally on Moyes' side, which is undoubtedly a positive hangover from 2017/2018. He made some very sensible calls, between signing Bowen and Soucek, moving Antonio up top, and basically having Rice as the fulcrum, of the team with everything going for him, and handing him the captain's armband on occasions. However, I think it is one more season and that will be it. At which point, I cant see Cullen as the ready made replacement for Rice.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:56pm
Cullen has no real future at West Ham. Hes been there for how many years now. If he was going to make it there he would have by now. Needs to move permanently you would imagine to progress his career.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 11:54pm
Probably. Only fantastically stupid money would be accepted for Rice now. Soucek has to be signed permanently now and they won't complain about that, he has been crucial for them.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 5:09pm
too good to make upthe numbers at west ham. would like to see him play regularly for a promotion-chasing championship side
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 64>
  Share Topic