You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 61>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:53am
This is the player who is most likely break into the starting XI over the next 2 games. Yet not much talk about him.
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
Looks a very good player.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:23pm
Still not tied to us?
Wait til Southgate hears how an English born player was man of the match LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Still not tied to us?

Yeah hard to trust someone with a full english accent nowadays after grealish and rice esp wearing a green jersey
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:31pm
Certainly the best player of the first half for us. Think it was him that got back to stop that goal chance near the end if the first half. I might be wrong on that. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Still not tied to us?

Yeah hard to trust someone with a full english accent nowadays after grealish and rice esp wearing a green jersey

Jesus Christ what absolute bullsh*t 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm

Still not tied to us?

What about a half English accent? Is that why Ryan Manning is out?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Still not tied to us?

What about a half English accent? Is that why Ryan Manning is out?

LOL

IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:51pm
Superb today, fantastic victory for Charlton today and this lad was at the center of it. Fouled 5 times with 5 tackles/interceptions which sums up his second half. Was an absolute warrior out there constantly breaking down their attacks and bursting out to relieve pressure which they could only handle with constantly fouling him. Absolute warrior of a little lad with the technical ability to boot. Along with his partner in crime Conor Gallagher, they've been better than anything I've seen in the midfield with a green shirt in a long, long time. I've read Conor might be eligible for us and if he is we better be in his ear. The pair of them could absolutely transform the dire football we've been putting out for years. 

Absolutely buzzing from today, would love to see that in a green shirt. 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 3:37am
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Superb today, fantastic victory for Charlton today and this lad was at the center of it. Fouled 5 times with 5 tackles/interceptions which sums up his second half. Was an absolute warrior out there constantly breaking down their attacks and bursting out to relieve pressure which they could only handle with constantly fouling him. Absolute warrior of a little lad with the technical ability to boot. Along with his partner in crime Conor Gallagher, they've been better than anything I've seen in the midfield with a green shirt in a long, long time. I've read Conor might be eligible for us and if he is we better be in his ear. The pair of them could absolutely transform the dire football we've been putting out for years. 

he is eligible, confirmed by his dad here

http://https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-midfielder-bookham-makes-england-13747405
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 7:51am
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

We really need to let this Conor Gallagher thing go. It appears we are his second if not third choice nation.

I could understand the obsession if we had very few underage prospects but this isn't the case at the moment.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:53am
No harm calling Gallagher up to one of these 40 man squads and see his reaction 
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:36pm
Quality yet again today. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by good luck charm 2019 good luck charm 2019 wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

http://https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/s/football/football-news/chelsea-midfielder-bookham-makes-england-13747405 - http://https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-midfielder-bookham-makes-england-13747405

We really need to let this Conor Gallagher thing go. It appears we are his second if not third choice nation.

I could understand the obsession if we had very few underage prospects but this isn't the case at the moment.

I keep hearing about josh Cullen and jayson moulby are going to be the future of our midfield and are our best central midfielders that we have for a long , long time . I mean seriously two guys who are playing in the championship.

Admittedly I haven't ever seen moulby , but I have seen josh Cullen play and he is no more than okay . The comment above about Cullen having technically ability to boot is completely over overstating his ability .

Cullen certainly has much more technical ability than Glen Whelan which isn't saying much . But in real terms Cullen's technical ability is no more than decent . So in all likely hood he is never going to be anything more than a championship . I know he is officially a west ham player but he is 23 and he has been set out on loan for the past three years , he clearly isn't good enough to break in to the west ham team.

The fact of the matter the only midfielder we have in the senior set up or u 21's who has any real technical ability is Jack Byrne . Unfortunately for us he is playing with shamrock rovers. The next manager isn't going to pick him for future squads if he remains at this level.

I really think there is massive hyperbole about our u 21's . I heard john giles say on off the ball the other day that we have the best u21's that we have had for a long, long time . But yet john giles said that he hadn't even seen them play .

I haven't seen them play either but I have looked at the clubs they are with . Most of them are with clubs in the eircom league and the English championship. Nearly all the players who are playing with championship clubs aren't even getting game time There are is only one player who is getting game time in the premier league and that is araon Connolly .

We have only one real potential top class player and that is troy parrot . He has yet to make a premier league appearance . So any talk about the future of irish football been rosy is nothing but blind faith.

To be fair I would have thought it would be difficult to miss him.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:01pm
Scored a late penalty for Charlton today. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Scored a late penalty for Charlton today. 

MOTM too according to Whoscored.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:30pm
what’s his situation? Last year of contract with West Ham but performing well with Charlton on loan? 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 6:00pm
If we picked the ireland team on form, I would imagine that Cullen would be a starter for us at the moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 61>
  Share Topic