FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 61>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Starts along with O'Shea against City. Big test for them.
Good luck josh. Only de bruyne and Rodri to deal with 😫
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 7:05pm
Starts along with O'Shea against City. Big test for them.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Likely to be relegated to the subs bench at Burnley as they're signing Sander Berge. Shame. 

Not necessarily. 

Three midfield spots if Burnley play 4-3-3. Or they could play with a pivot with him and Berge.

Sheffield United are trying to get relegated.
<div style="text-align: center;">

Only has a year left in his contract and whether he stayed or not they're likely getting relegated anyway.

Think they're also trying to buy another midfielder or two so his sale will help with those.

Selling Ndiaye and Berge is going to leave them short on quality.

They've also lost Tommy Doyle and McAtee who were on loan from City last season. There's interest in Doyle from other clubs, but he might be an option for a 2nd loan.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 6:40pm
Berge would almost certainly be brought in to partner Cullen, not to replace him. They're both defensive midfielders, but they're very different kinds of defensive midfielders. Makes sense that Burnley would play with 2 DMs in the Premier League. There might be occasional games or situations in games where they rotate but for the most part I'd expect both to start.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Likely to be relegated to the subs bench at Burnley as they're signing Sander Berge. Shame. 

Not necessarily. 

Three midfield spots if Burnley play 4-3-3. Or they could play with a pivot with him and Berge.

<div style="text-align: center;">

Only has a year left in his contract and whether he stayed or not they're likely getting relegated anyway.

Think they're also trying to buy another midfielder or two so his sale will help with those.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 6:15pm
Berge is a good player. Slightly more attacking in my mind. Don't think he would necessarily be replacing Cullen 
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 6:09pm
Yeah Berge is more box to box and would play in midfield with Cullen rather than replace him.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 5:59pm

Not necessarily. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 5:58pm

Cant tell if youre messing but hes played almost every game of Kompanys entire management career to date, only missing a handful of games through injury. Little chance of him outright losing his place.
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 5:40pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 8:55pm
Everyone was bad against Greece. And in the Gibraltar game when you're playing against 11 men camped in their own box it can make you look fairly toothless, as you have to keep passing sideways looking for openings.  

He's had far too many decent games for Ireland to be worried about a bit of a dip.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 2:57pm
I think its the return to English football that just has him knackered the 2nd half of this season, Saturday/Tuesday every week of the season is grueling. He played almost every minute of every game for them. Compared that to last season playing once every weekend in Belgium and fewer number of games overall he seemed in better shape for us.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 2:43pm
I meant for Ireland. I
'm fully aware that he was POTY for Burnley and I do think he has been excellent for us too, but against Greece he did nothing, never really looked for the ball, he was very static and spent most of the time finger pointing.

Maybe just a long season....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He was excellent when he was playing in Belgium and his performances have dipped since he went to play in England.

He was abysmal against Greece to be honest, I thought he did ok last night.

Didn’t he get Burnley’s player of the season? Wouldn’t watch Burnley so can’t comment on his performances for them.

Always felt he was overrated by many on here, work man like performer but honestly think he will struggle in the Premier League. 

Sorry HB but you have that one wrong , he is the player of the year and i would have streamed about 85% of Burnley's games this year and he was fantastic make no bones about it as he drove the team forward and would always be wanting the ball , super player . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 1:55pm
Bit harsh on Josh, he's been our best player under Kenny.

He's just come back from a long season and will do well in the Prem
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 1:54pm
Got their player of the year and players player of the year but Kompany also strikes me as the ruthless type that wouldn't think twice of benching him if a better option becomes available this window. Even if Cullen has been the vital cog in his midfields at Anderlecht and Burnley last season.

Edited by J89 - 20 Jun 2023 at 1:54pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He was excellent when he was playing in Belgium and his performances have dipped since he went to play in England.

Didn’t he get Burnley’s player of the season? Wouldn’t watch Burnley so can’t comment on his performances for them.

Always felt he was overrated by many on here, work man like performer but honestly think he will struggle in the Premier League. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 1:25pm

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 61>
  Share Topic