FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 64>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:50pm
Unsurprisingly wins the man of the match.
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:46pm
Should be in the PL but may well be next season with Burnley.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:14pm
How has Danny Grant not even made the squad Huddersfield are beyond muck.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Few teams will be kicking themselves they passed up signing him. Especially with how cheap he moved for.

He turned down teams in La Liga and the Bundesliga according to reports.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:06pm
Few teams will be kicking themselves they passed up signing him. Especially with how cheap he moved for.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:00pm
masterclass from Joshi! Clap
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:00pm
best player on the pitch as said...great half of football from burnley
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:48pm
Head and shoulders the best player on the pitch... its not even close.

Burnley did a tidy bit of business getting him for such a bargain.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:23pm
Hes keeping that Burnley midfield ticking. 
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:23pm
such a tidy footballer. Going to be a huge player for Burnley this season the way Kompany wants them to play 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:15pm
3 unreal through balls already. He's bossing it 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:13pm
10 minutes into the first game and Cullen already looks too good for the Championship.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Should see Cullen and possibly Long get a run out tonight. With Grant too hopefully. 

Long not in the squad.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 7:02pm
Costelloe starts with Cullen  
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:29pm
Should see Cullen and possibly Long get a run out tonight. With Grant too hopefully. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

I can see Cullen having a good season for Burnley. He has played around 45 matches in the Championship before with Charlton and Bolton so he knows what to expect, as well as playing for a manager he has been playing under the past two seasons.
I also think Burnley will be in the top six this season. I think a lot more is being made of their debt and players leaving than it is. Yes they lost Collins and Pope but they got good fees for them. The two other big players they lost are Tarkowski ( probably the biggest player to leave for free) and Ben Mee but Mee is 32 and still injured. The rest that left for free Lennon(35), Stephens(33), Pieters(33 and has a knee injury) and Bardsley(37), I think they would be shifted out the door anyways.
They have made some good bargain signings in Cullen, McNally, Bastien, Egan-Riley, Hardwood-bellis and Twine. 
But looking at their squad there are some good premier league/Championship players still in the squad and I'd say a club like Burnley would have good wage reduction clauses for relegation.
Obviously a few more of the bigger players might leave in this window or the next like Cornet and McNeil but they would probably get good money for them which will help with their debts. Kompany  can pick and choose who he can sell or let stay on from the squad and still be left with a pool of a good championship squad and with a few more clever signings which they are doing anyway. There are a few older lads they might move on and a few injuries to deal with. They also have a big pool of young players in the youth teams to pull from too. I don't think they are in such bad shape as it is being made out. 
Very good Darman you know your stuff on the Clarets Clap
claret - was the hefty loan repayment triggered by relegation paid or renegotiated…. Or was it an exaggerated story int the first place?

Kind of right it " was " £63 million had to be paid if we were relegated but the owner did a deal and it was only £34 million . Again it's hard to impossible to get a grip what is going on at the club but one poster on Burnley forum looked up the revenue records and these never lie , so 34 mill it is . Even with that the new owner's still are £73 million outstanding which has to be paid back at some stage with an interest rate of 8% PA .
It seems that the club are not going to gamble on going back up next season as a year or two in the championship would not be the worse for the club and most of the fans see this as a transition year .
Myself I think just outside the top six too many players have leaf or leaving but i am sure we will have a better idea after the first 5 games .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I can see Cullen having a good season for Burnley. He has played around 45 matches in the Championship before with Charlton and Bolton so he knows what to expect, as well as playing for a manager he has been playing under the past two seasons.
I also think Burnley will be in the top six this season. I think a lot more is being made of their debt and players leaving than it is. Yes they lost Collins and Pope but they got good fees for them. The two other big players they lost are Tarkowski ( probably the biggest player to leave for free) and Ben Mee but Mee is 32 and still injured. The rest that left for free Lennon(35), Stephens(33), Pieters(33 and has a knee injury) and Bardsley(37), I think they would be shifted out the door anyways.
They have made some good bargain signings in Cullen, McNally, Bastien, Egan-Riley, Hardwood-bellis and Twine. 
But looking at their squad there are some good premier league/Championship players still in the squad and I'd say a club like Burnley would have good wage reduction clauses for relegation.
Obviously a few more of the bigger players might leave in this window or the next like Cornet and McNeil but they would probably get good money for them which will help with their debts. Kompany  can pick and choose who he can sell or let stay on from the squad and still be left with a pool of a good championship squad and with a few more clever signings which they are doing anyway. There are a few older lads they might move on and a few injuries to deal with. They also have a big pool of young players in the youth teams to pull from too. I don't think they are in such bad shape as it is being made out. 
claret - was the hefty loan repayment triggered by relegation paid or renegotiated…. Or was it an exaggerated story int the first place?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 7:58pm

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 64>
  Share Topic