FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 64>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Josh Cullen
    Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 8:32pm
LOL
Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by SportingRizlaCF SportingRizlaCF wrote:

kelleher plays 10 games
For liverpool and he is the second cuming of packie bonner apparently but you point out where lads play at the top level and get people having a go ha. players always should play at the highest level. playing league 1 or in belgium is the same level to many eejits dont want to wake up and see that sorry

Still on the Dutch Gold?
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:21pm

kelleher plays 10 games
For liverpool and he is the second cuming of packie bonner apparently but you point out where lads play at the top level and get people having a go ha. players always should play at the highest level. playing league 1 or in belgium is the same level to many eejits dont want to wake up and see that sorry
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:14pm
LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by SportingRizlaCF SportingRizlaCF wrote:

a game lad but limited. should have stayed in west Ham he was in the squads and playing every and again

He played ten games for West Ham in seven seasons.
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:55pm
a game lad but limited. should have stayed in west Ham he was in the squads and playing every and again
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

None of you think Hodge could be the player we need in mid field?
Haven't seen enough of him myself to have an opinion.
The little bit of Lawal I've seen he's looked good but it's L2 level games.

I really like Hodge but see him more of the Cullen type.  Basically I think we need a bit of height and pace in that position too. Cullen and Hodge are tenacious in defending and good on the ball but aren't going to be winning enough physical battles to be our main DM imo.

L1 to be fair to Lawal. I'm not sure he is the saviour either but he is one of the few DMs we have with some proper physically attributes hence hoping he continues to develop. LOL
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 3:00pm
None of you think Hodge could be the player we need in mid field?
Haven't seen enough of him myself to have an opinion.
The little bit of Lawal I've seen he's looked good but it's L2 level games.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Definitely the least of our problems. He was one of our better players for a while had a bad spell but looked good these last few games so I don't think he gets replaced anytime soon. 
We need a proper physically gifted DM who is able to play football to play along side him and that would be decent enough. Who that player is I don't know ... hopefully Lawal continues to develop because can't think who else. I like Smallbone and Knight but neither really suit a defensive midfield two

I would disagree & say that it is one of our biggest problems if we are going to continue trying to play the ball on the deck. The ball is not moving from the back through 6 & 8 frequently enough to the forward players. It generally ends with the ball ending up back with the keeper & a punt down the pitch. Cullen & the other midfielders tick a lot of boxes but not this one currently.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 11:37am
Definitely the least of our problems. He was one of our better players for a while had a bad spell but looked good these last few games so I don't think he gets replaced anytime soon. 
We need a proper physically gifted DM who is able to play football to play along side him and that would be decent enough. Who that player is I don't know ... hopefully Lawal continues to develop because can't think who else. I like Smallbone and Knight but neither really suit a defensive midfield two

Edited by SC92 - 03 Apr 2024 at 11:37am
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 11:29am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Cullen is the new scapegoat because he's not threading balls between the lines, he's not that type of player and is the best of a bad bunch.

Molumby shouldn't near in the team imo, he's very limited and lacks discipline. I'd love to see Azaz given a chance, neat and tidy on the ball and has an eye for a goal.

Cullen strolled through the Championship last year and before that he absolutely excelled at Anderlecht. 

Hasn’t been smooth sailing for him this year but he would easily start for a few teams in any of the top 5 European Leagues. He’s better than a “Championship” footballer. 

He's fine out of possession for us but with the ball we need more from him - too conservative when in possession for us especially when under pressure. Not saying he has to hit 40 yard diagonals every time he has the ball but a few forward passes wouldn't go amiss. Question is does he have the ability to do so and international level?

He did fine at that during the World Cup Qualifying campaign. Watched him last night he did it fairly well against a midfield of Sarabia,Gomes,Lemina. Are they “Championship” players too.

No one is suggesting he’s a world beater and his form did drop off a cliff for us last year in the Euros campaign but this talk of him being a “Championship” player is nonsense and he’s become a bit of an easy target for our troubles. 

Like every other centre mid since Trap took over. It's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy at this stage.

Going around in circles here at this stage but if we are looking to move the ball through the thirds we need a six who is more progressive on the ball than Cullen (and Molumby/others) are showing at the moment. Not saying he is a bad player but we need more out of him. That said he will be there for the forseeable as apart from Molumby there is no other option there at the moment.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 11:28am
had a rough patch form-wise but hopefully he has turned a corner as I think he's solid and not really the problem when it comes to our midfield. it's more how we set up and the quality of his midfield partners that are the issue imo
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 10:53am

Cullen is the new scapegoat because he's not threading balls between the lines, he's not that type of player and is the best of a bad bunch.

Molumby shouldn't near in the team imo, he's very limited and lacks discipline. I'd love to see Azaz given a chance, neat and tidy on the ball and has an eye for a goal.

Cullen strolled through the Championship last year and before that he absolutely excelled at Anderlecht. 

Hasn’t been smooth sailing for him this year but he would easily start for a few teams in any of the top 5 European Leagues. He’s better than a “Championship” footballer. 

He's fine out of possession for us but with the ball we need more from him - too conservative when in possession for us especially when under pressure. Not saying he has to hit 40 yard diagonals every time he has the ball but a few forward passes wouldn't go amiss. Question is does he have the ability to do so and international level?

He did fine at that during the World Cup Qualifying campaign. Watched him last night he did it fairly well against a midfield of Sarabia,Gomes,Lemina. Are they “Championship” players too.

No one is suggesting he’s a world beater and his form did drop off a cliff for us last year in the Euros campaign but this talk of him being a “Championship” player is nonsense and he’s become a bit of an easy target for our troubles. 

Like every other centre mid since Trap took over. It's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy at this stage.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 10:49am

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:13am
Cullen is grand. He's the least of our troubles. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by nirvana2024 nirvana2024 wrote:

Smallbone can't either, knowledable football men such as Giles, Brady and Kerr have observed this about Cullen and Smallbone
Any chance of actually linking what they said? You've said this about 20 times and I can't find them saying anything about these 2 players or am I missing something?
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by nirvana2024 nirvana2024 wrote:

Why do you think he is conservative in possession under pressure, because he can't get turned on the ball to make a forward pass. It's a pretty difficult skill . Declan Rice can't do it and he is a 120 million pound player .

Smallbone can't either, knowledable football men such as Giles, Brady and Kerr have observed this about Cullen and Smallbone . I don't why people on here refuse to acknowledge the fact that they don't have those skills in their armory.

As I said in a previous post that Cullen was average. Now can you please dig out the comments were Giles Brady & Kerr have said this about Smallbone? 
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 5:03pm

Why do you think he is conservative in possession under pressure, because he can't get turned on the ball to make a forward pass. It's a pretty difficult skill . Declan Rice can't do it and he is a 120 million pound player .

Smallbone can't either, knowledable football men such as Giles, Brady and Kerr have observed this about Cullen and Smallbone . I don't why people on here refuse to acknowledge the fact that they don't have those skills in their armory.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 64>
  Share Topic