You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness (The Drink)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 9:19pm
I enjoy a pint of Guinness. But the nicest pint of stout I ever had was called The Black Pig, from an Irish brewer called The White Hag. Unreal tasty and so smooth. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 08 Feb 2023 at 9:20pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 11:11pm
Why do all these craft beers have to have wacky names?Ermm
Warlock's Toenail
Fanny Mae's Minge
etc...

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 11:39pm
just drink the f**king thing 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:06am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

I enjoy a pint of Guinness. But the nicest pint of stout I ever had was called The Black Pig, from an Irish brewer called The White Hag. Unreal tasty and so smooth. 
I do enjoy the odd non Guinness stout like Beamish and Murphys but other than that i haven't had a nice one. That Islands Edge for example is pure muck. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:33am
The only ones that I thought were as nice but different to Guinness are the porterhouse one, Plain, Wrasslers and the Oyster which is lovely.  Been a while since I had them.  Had Beamish at the weekend again in Cork and felt it was bland, not bad but bland and Murphys is not good in my view.  Guinness is the nicest along with the Oyster but there is loads I have not tastes but most craft stouts are way too strong and bitter. 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:35am
Nothing comes close to a pint of Guinness.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The only ones that I thought were as nice but different to Guinness are the porterhouse one, Plain, Wrasslers and the Oyster which is lovely.  Been a while since I had them.  Had Beamish at the weekend again in Cork and felt it was bland, not bad but bland and Murphys is not good in my view.  Guinness is the nicest along with the Oyster but there is loads I have not tastes but most craft stouts are way too strong and bitter. 

Oyster is a lovely stout alright.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 6:52pm
Had a pint of Guinness last week then on my 2nd pint switched to Murphy's for a change.  Remember it being sweeter than Guinness but this was like drinking an ashtray.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Another pint of Guinness beside it comes close....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:32pm
Apparently the 0.0 cans in pubs is not selling at all I've heard from a Diageo Technician. Selling 15 half kegs of draught 0.0 though in the Bell in Blanch alone. Had two yesterday while I'm off the sauce not a bad pint can definitely taste the difference though wouldn't have anymore than 2 or 3

Edited by irelandfan - 16 Mar 2023 at 3:33pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:42pm
Had a few recently in a few different places, have to say the standard is going downhill. Slatterys, Devitts, Fallons, Peader Browns normally good Guinness spots but i have to say not great recently. Id normally go for a good walk while going to these places so maybe the taste buds were a bit off and its more water that was required.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 5:29pm
Had some lovely pints in Bowes Lounge last weekend, great hidden gum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic