You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness (The Drink)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 9:22pm
Should add its far better looking than the can naturally enough 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 10:09pm
6.40 in Grogans. An out and out price gouging kip
Danger here, OH NO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 8:54am
5.20 in the Kings off on Bolton St.

7.80e for a pint of Moretti in Fowlers Malahide and 6.40e for a guinness.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 9:26am
€5 in the Newtown House 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 10:21am
People who complain about the price of pints really need to stay out of pubs. It’s not 1982. You walk into a boozer you know you are in for a shakedown. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

€5 in the Newtown House 

6e in Madigans.

It was 5.70 last week.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

€5 in the Newtown House 

6e in Madigans.

It was 5.70 last week.

Was in the killester donncarney fc club last night....€5 Guinness and probably the best pint I’ve had in the area hands down.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 10:10pm
Fun fact, Gunness is now the most popular drink in the UK. Loads of bellends in their 20s drink it to look cool. A funny old country I live in.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:31am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

People who complain about the price of pints really need to stay out of pubs. It’s not 1982. You walk into a boozer you know you are in for a shakedown. 

A year or so ago, my oul lad had some sheet from the 60s he owned which showed some pricing of goods and his salary. 

So I worked out the average salary back in the day and compared the prices of today and the price of a pint was surprisingly the same as is today. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 8:07am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Fun fact, Gunness is now the most popular drink in the UK. Loads of bellends in their 20s drink it to look cool. A funny old country I live in.

Really can’t say I notice that many people drinking it 

More popular than lager ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Although they don't give a source so now I'm wondering..
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 8:29am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

6.40 in Grogans. An out and out price gouging kip
Was €5.95 when i was there last week. Must have added the 20c and some from Diageo at the start of February.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 9:11am

No, it's the most sold beer, ahead of any other brand of beer
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

A year or so ago, my oul lad had some sheet from the 60s he owned which showed some pricing of goods and his salary. 

So I worked out the average salary back in the day and compared the prices of today and the price of a pint was surprisingly the same as is today. 

When I started work in the mid 80s a 3 bedroom house in a lower middle class part of Dublin like Artane was 3-4 times the annual salary, now that house is 10-12 times the annual salary. Interest rates were very high un the 80s alright but a high interest rate on a small mortgage is comparable to lower rates on a massive mortgage.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 9:36am
€5 in Clancys is a bargin. City Centre too, they'll take all the customers from the pubs around them.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 9:39am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

No, it's the most sold beer, ahead of any other brand of beer

Surprising because  it looks and tastes sh*te from anything I've seen online or personally had the displeasure of tasting.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

When I started work in the mid 80s a 3 bedroom house in a lower middle class part of Dublin like Artane was 3-4 times the annual salary, now that house is 10-12 times the annual salary. Interest rates were very high un the 80s alright but a high interest rate on a small mortgage is comparable to lower rates on a massive mortgage.

And lower interest rates drive up house prices.  In addition most people who buy a home now are double incomes which has also driven up house prices.  In addition there is about 1million extra people working population is growing also.  All of these combined with lack of supply have driven up house prices significantly.  

Pints are not cheap but as pointed above they are generally been in line with wage growth.  House prices have not.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

And lower interest rates drive up house prices.  In addition most people who buy a home now are double incomes which has also driven up house prices.  In addition there is about 1million extra people working population is growing also.  All of these combined with lack of supply have driven up house prices significantly.  

Pints are not cheap but as pointed above they are generally been in line with wage growth.  House prices have not.  
Indeed, low interest rates and dinkies will increase prices but to who's benefit, not mine anyway.As regards beer, A can of beer was about 90p in the 80s (LCL pils, the discerning choice) when a pint was about £1.30 whereas a can now is less than €2 but a pint is over €6....difference is you don't have to drink but you do need somewhere to live...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic