You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness (The Drink)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Had 4 cans ofof the 0.0 at the weekend as was driving and couldn't really taste difference. Stopped off on way home from match last night and had a couple from tap and definitely can't really tell the difference and they were very nice.

Will be my go to non-alcoholic for now on as with Guinness it's not only about the alcohol but the taste and the look and feel of it going down. Whereas the likes of erlinger just tease ya and don't even taste as nice as real thing

Is it less calories? Because if its basically the same I'd probably rather drinkwater or coke zero if I was off the alcohol 

But if it tastes the same as the alcohol version why wouldn’t you have one? Do you drink alcohol just to get a buzz or because it tastes nice?

Does anybody really drink alcohol for the taste? I certainly dont anyway.
Yes. Love the taste. If I didn’t I wouldn’t drink it. 

Plus 1. Crave a beer or stout and it's not just for the alcohol. 

Darn tootin.
If you were drinking it just for the alcohol - you'd be drinking spirits etc...

Love a few pints of Guinness Heart 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Had 4 cans ofof the 0.0 at the weekend as was driving and couldn't really taste difference. Stopped off on way home from match last night and had a couple from tap and definitely can't really tell the difference and they were very nice.

Will be my go to non-alcoholic for now on as with Guinness it's not only about the alcohol but the taste and the look and feel of it going down. Whereas the likes of erlinger just tease ya and don't even taste as nice as real thing

Is it less calories? Because if its basically the same I'd probably rather drinkwater or coke zero if I was off the alcohol 

Its only 85 cals and I'd much rather the taste of a beer versus a coke and drink water and coffee all the time anyway so when in a pub or social event and can't drink then the non alcoholic is the best thing you can get really. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Sep 2021 at 4:05pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:02pm
Need to give the liver a break so picked up 4 cans of the 0.0 to compliment my evening watching Rovers and the Ryder Cup. I have to say , its by far the best non alcoholic option I've had.

It's more watery than the real stuff, but it tastes pretty decent. Smells good and pours a good head. I'd go as far as to say I've had sh*ter pints of the real stuff in a few establishments down through the years.

I dont think I'd knock 8-10 back now,  but overall I'm impressed 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 12:09am
The nitro surge device and cans are legit. Pints are so creamy like being poured from tap. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 12:40am

The nitro surge device and cans are legit. Pints are so creamy like being poured from tap. 

Wow.  I must try.  Do you have to pay extra for the nitrogen thing? I haven't seen them yet.  Or is it part of the can itself?

This could be a game changer (hate that term)
Guinness cans are muck.  The head on them is a crappy potholed marked mess and the taste is watery and skank.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Wow.  I must try.  Do you have to pay extra for the nitrogen thing? I haven't seen them yet.  Or is it part of the can itself?

This could be a game changer (hate that term)
Guinness cans are muck.  The head on them is a crappy potholed marked mess and the taste is watery and skank.

It’s night and day between your regular Draught can with widget and this new set up. 

Definitely best cans of Guinness I’ve ever had.
There is a reusable nitro surge device you buy for 25. This device you attach to the specific nitro surge can (normal cans don’t work). You turn the device on and do a double pour tilting as per instructions. The head was lovely and creamy and kept all the way through the pint (needs to be a clean Guinness class for each can as well to ensure it’s absolutely right).
The cans were 15 EUR for 6 so 2.50 a can but they also 550Ml around so fill right exactly to the very top of the Guinness glass with a perfect dome like you would get out of tap if poured right. 
They need to be right temp too, made mistake on first one it wasn’t cool enough and wasn’t as smooth or nice. They say 24 hours in fridge (so probably 60 mins in freezer from warm)

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Sep 2021 at 1:03am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:00am
I bought device in dunnes they were on sale in the off license beside where they were selling the cans. Looks like Tesco and other offos selling too so should find handy enough.
They also don’t count as alcohol if you are using vouchers in the supermarket

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Sep 2021 at 1:00am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:04am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I was in Kenya a few years back, lots of Guinness drank there. It was a stronger version in smaller bottles, some of the locals used to mix it with Coke
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:21pm
It’s a ridiculous article. 

Nigeria has 200 million people and a Guinness brewery. Of course it sells more than Ireland. 

What about per capita?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:25pm
Clickbait sh*te from foreign ‘Irish’ papers to prove their Irishness.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 9:57pm

Not sure about that, the Irish Post served a lot of Irish people living in GB well over the years especially in the days before modern technology.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Not sure about that, the Irish Post served a lot of Irish people living in GB well over the years especially in the days before modern technology.
absolute brain fart on my part.. completely mixed it up with a brit rag selling here.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:32am
Had an unbelievable guinness in Platform 8, Inverness. Best I've had in the UK by a mile
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:02pm
Do many places have the 0.0 on actual draught and not the can device ?
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

No such thing! Doesn't come on regular draught
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

They have it on draught in a good few pubs I've been in or am I missing something?

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 25 Jan 2023 at 7:57pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

They have it on draught in a good few pubs I've been in or am I missing something?

It's a can that they stick in a machine that looks like a regular tap 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic