You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness (The Drink)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Had two pints of draught 0% earlier. You wouldnt know the difference. Grand stuff Clap

GTFO

Deadly serious. Had one pint of regular and two pints of N/A. Taste test passes. 
You’re expecting, You’ve a full time chauffeur, I’m not having it Chief 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:47pm

Had two pints of draught 0% earlier. You wouldnt know the difference. Grand stuff Clap

GTFO

Deadly serious. Had one pint of regular and two pints of N/A. Taste test passes. 

Due any day now. Red alert. Need to be hot to trot. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:48pm

GTFO

Jaysus LOL it flies by. Best of luck 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:49pm

GTFO

Jaysus LOL it flies by. Best of luck 

Thumbs Up
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 10:00pm
Best of luck G manClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 10:39pm

Had one last week- tastes very similar to the real thing for about two thirds, the final third got very watery and sour. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:04pm
Had a couple of cans of the 0.0% ones over the weekend and was very impressed. Takes the edge off if you're off the drink. You'd only want 2 of them max as well whereas with normal cans you'd end up having 5 or 6 of them and having a head on you the next day

Taste very similar to the normal stuff
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 6:02pm
Home at the end of September . Looking forward to a few proper pints
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm
Had 4 cans ofof the 0.0 at the weekend as was driving and couldn't really taste difference. Stopped off on way home from match last night and had a couple from tap and definitely can't really tell the difference and they were very nice.

Will be my go to non-alcoholic for now on as with Guinness it's not only about the alcohol but the taste and the look and feel of it going down. Whereas the likes of erlinger just tease ya and don't even taste as nice as real thing

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:27am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Had 4 cans ofof the 0.0 at the weekend as was driving and couldn't really taste difference. Stopped off on way home from match last night and had a couple from tap and definitely can't really tell the difference and they were very nice.

Will be my go to non-alcoholic for now on as with Guinness it's not only about the alcohol but the taste and the look and feel of it going down. Whereas the likes of erlinger just tease ya and don't even taste as nice as real thing

Is it less calories? Because if its basically the same I'd probably rather drinkwater or coke zero if I was off the alcohol 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:31am
I had a piny of 0.0 Guinness before the match.  Maybe it was a bad pint but it tasted rotten
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Is it less calories? Because if its basically the same I'd probably rather drinkwater or coke zero if I was off the alcohol 

But if it tastes the same as the alcohol version why wouldn’t you have one? Do you drink alcohol just to get a buzz or because it tastes nice?

AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:04am

But if it tastes the same as the alcohol version why wouldn’t you have one? Do you drink alcohol just to get a buzz or because it tastes nice?

Does anybody really drink alcohol for the taste? I certainly dont anyway.
I love beer gardens
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:29am

Most of the calories in Beers comes from the Alcohol, that's what the 6-7% craft beers have more calories than the 4.2% draft lagers. Most non-Alcoholic beers I drink (330ml bottles) would be about 50 cals
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:41am

85 cals on a 500ml can, so roughly half the cals of normal  Guinness.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 11 Sep 2021 at 11:43am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Yes. Love the taste. If I didn’t I wouldn’t drink it. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Yes. Love the taste. If I didn’t I wouldn’t drink it. 

Plus 1. Crave a beer or stout and it's not just for the alcohol. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:42pm

Ban this prick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic