You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness (The Drink)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 8:45pm
I read an article a while back about the price of non alco beers. Some of the reasons cited for it being similar in price is the smaller quantities its produced in and the longer processes involved in removing the alcohol. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What do people think a fair price for a pint of 0.0% Guinness draft in a pub is? If regular Guiness is say €5.20

Was off the drink for a while to save money and carried it over to during Christmas. Now you obviously won’t drink as many non-alcoholic pints as you would normal pints, probably 3 throughout the night, but the prices are ridiculous. 

Everywhere I was, the 2 pints were the same price. I’d have no issue with €4, but when your Heineken zero is more expensive than your mates normal pints then it defeats the purpose of not drinking LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Been in a few places that have the Guinness 0.0 on draught, either from the blade machine or regular tap from what I can see. 

Horseshow House on match day in case you are driving to the match and want a gargle have that (and a decent selection in general). 
They had corona on tap which was first I've seen in ireland. 

Yeah saw Corona on tap in a boozer last week, asked the barman who buys it and he said it wasn't doing too well. Ladies don't want to switch from Corona bottles to Corona pints. Lads on draft prefer their Heineken/Peroni or whatever their tipple is

I have had the draught Corona on a hot day in England. Corona glass, very cold, wedge of lime in it. It was an enjoyable pint. 

I’d say that on a wet day, normal glass, no lime, I’d rather drink a pint of piss. 

Edited by inlikeflynn - 27 Jan 2023 at 6:49pm
Guinness View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
The Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:18pm
Hey. Great to see this thread back on topic.

Has anybody else tried this drink?
Guinness without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why does the thread title have "Guinness (The drink) "  after it?  What else could it be?LOL

I think I changed the thread title for it to be like Double Maxim (the drink)
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Or the dead actor Sir Alec.
exactly. Could be anything 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:45pm
Or the dead actor Sir Alec.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why does the thread title have "Guinness (The drink) "  after it?  What else could it be?LOL
Could be anything ffs. The lake,the family or my mates dog for example. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 5:38pm
What do people think a fair price for a pint of 0.0% Guinness draft in a pub is? If regular Guiness is say €5.20
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:56pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Mulligan's on Poolbeg Street have it on draught as well. I was in a boozer in Dublin in November and the barman charged me a fiver for the can version and didn't even use the machine. Just fooked the can in to a pint glass and handed it to me with bubbles galore LOL

You deserved it.

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:11pm

Mulligan's on Poolbeg Street have it on draught as well. I was in a boozer in Dublin in November and the barman charged me a fiver for the can version and didn't even use the machine. Just fooked the can in to a pint glass and handed it to me with bubbles galore LOL

You deserved it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Been in a few places that have the Guinness 0.0 on draught, either from the blade machine or regular tap from what I can see. 

Horseshow House on match day in case you are driving to the match and want a gargle have that (and a decent selection in general). 

Yeah saw Corona on tap in a boozer last week, asked the barman who buys it and he said it wasn't doing too well. Ladies don't want to switch from Corona bottles to Corona pints. Lads on draft prefer their Heineken/Peroni or whatever their tipple is
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 2:52pm

jaysusLOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 12:45pm

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 11:18am
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:07am
I can accept being served slop when it’s from a can but not at the price you’re being charged.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Walsh’s in Stoneybatter do. Had a few there over Christmas. It was colder than the regular draught. Much nicer than the van version most pubs serve.

Interesting, when they launched it they said it'd be cans only, would like to give that a try, haven't seen it anywhere 

I think they had only recently installed. The head bar man was curious to see what I thought of it because they had switched from the cans not long before it.

Once it’s cold it’s grand. Some of the slop you get served when its cans is brutal, especially when it’s the same price. Some places serve you something that looks like it’s been poured at a gaf party at 4am.

Yep was in a few spots with a designated driver on the 0.0 cans and it comes out in some state. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic