You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 180>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:01pm
Jason Smyth is a Mormon
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:18pm
I found it strange that he was doing an advert for a car on RTE, since he's partially blind.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:19pm
Nicole Turner is cute.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I found it strange that he was doing an advert for a car on RTE, since he's partially blind.

LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 3:28pm
Watching Ukraine and Kazakhstan here. Was just thinking that we’ve never played Ukraine. The only others in UEFA that I can think of are Slovenia, Azerbaijan and Kosovo. That will change on Saturday when we play Azerbaijan. Is there anyone else in UEFA we haven’t played?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Watching Ukraine and Kazakhstan here. Was just thinking that we’ve never played Ukraine. The only others in UEFA that I can think of are Slovenia, Azerbaijan and Kosovo. That will change on Saturday when we play Azerbaijan. Is there anyone else in UEFA we haven’t played?

Yep just those 4.

I always think we played Slovenia though during that Balkan group but am always reminded we didn't
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 3:38pm
The voice of Mother in Alien is done by Helen Horton she is the grandmother of actress Lily James
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 3:43pm

And yet we've played an International in Kiev if I'm not mistaken. Played the Soviets there at some stage did we not ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yep just those 4.

I always think we played Slovenia though during that Balkan group but am always reminded we didn't

Yep I looked this up a couple of years ago before we played Belarus in that friendly in Cork. There were five then and there's only those four now, soon to be three.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yep just those 4.

Yep I looked this up a couple of years ago before we played Belarus in that friendly in Cork. There were five then and there's only those four now, soon to be three.
Would be good away trips as well - which means we're bound to get fookin Denmark, Wales and Georgia again in the Euro 2024 qualifiers, aren't we? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 9:19am
Andreas Brehme si the only player to score 2 penalties in World Cups with both feet. 

Winner in the final of Italia 90 with his right foot, and another in Mexico 86 with his left.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Andreas Brehme si the only player to score 2 penalties in World Cups with both feet. 

Winner in the final of Italia 90 with his right foot, and another in Mexico 86 with his left.
Jeez thought the one in 90 was with his left
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:32am
Des Lynam is from Ennis.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:07am
Brazilian Striker hulk has knocked up his niece, admittedly niece via the wife and not a blood relative.
Christmas dinner in his gaff would be some craic
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/brazil-hulk-wife-niece-child-25020430

Edited by Huggybeer - 21 Sep 2021 at 11:07am
Getting old and intolerant
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Brazilian Striker hulk has knocked up his niece, admittedly niece via the wife and not a blood relative.
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/brazil-hulk-wife-niece-child-25020430
You're just green with envy..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Read that alright, although it's not quite as sleasy as it seems, the wife was a lot older than Hulk (she's in her 50's), Hulk is 34 and the niece is 32
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 8:48pm
Mark Viduka and Luka Modric are cousins.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Mark Viduka and Luka Modric are cousins.

Never knew that!

I only learned the other day that Jay-Jay Okocha is Alex Iwobi's uncle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 180>
  Share Topic