You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 181>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:55am
One thing I learned this weekend was that you shouldn't eat home grown courgettes as they have the potential to be poisonous. Farm grown one shave been cultivated to have safe levels of a toxin that can make you violently ill.

The mother in law had grown some and the Mrs's grandad said he wouldn't eat them and said they could be poisonous. Everyone was laughing at him until a quick google showed he was right.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 9:36am
Lou Macari has had a rather tragic personal life

His mother died just before the 1978 World Cup in strange circumstances, overdosing on tablets, her son was to find out. "My mum had been on her own, and in the conversation I'd had with her she said she had some friends up there. Putting the pieces together after she died, I just wasn't convinced that the friends were good friends. Some money had gone missing."[31]

His sons Michael and Paul have played professionally with Stoke, when Macari was manager of the club. His youngest son Jonathan committed suicide in 1999 after being released from his contract at Nottingham Forest.[32] Family friend and former manager Dave Bassett said that Jonathan could not handle the pressure of living up to his father's greatness. There was also talk of drugs affecting his son's life and leading to his suicide,[33] but Macari later discounted that theory, admitting that much like the death of his mother, the complete story behind the tragedy may never be known.[31] Years later he claimed that "Money in a young man's pocket is a recipe for disaster and we had that disaster. Only when you go through something like that do you understand the hell of it."[34]

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 6:15pm
Peter Schmeichel's middle name is "Boleslaw"
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 9:35pm
Ian Thorpe is allergic to chlorine.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Ian Thorpe is allergic to chlorine.

So that's why he swam so fast?  Allergic reaction in an effort to swim away from it?  Could be considered a performance enhancing drug for him.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 7:01am
Shaka Hislop's first name is Neil.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:57am
Teresa wasent Mother Teresa's real name .. Agnes in case your wondering
Getting old and intolerant
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

And a horrible old **** she was.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And a horrible old **** she was.

It's actually Anjezë Wink
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 10:16am

Was it not Niall?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Was it not Niall?
I always thought her real first name was Mother
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 3:54pm
Ireland are one of only 6 teams to have yet to win a Nations League game Cry

Germany are also one of the teams
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 1:40am
I knew Jeffrey Epstein reminded me of somebody and I've finally remembered who. He's the spitting image of Lenny Murphy of the Shankill Butchers.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I knew Jeffrey Epstein reminded me of somebody and I've finally remembered who. He's the spitting image of Lenny Murphy of the Shankill Butchers.

LOL
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:54am
Eamonn De Valera once scored a penalty at Turner's Cross.The penalty was against Cork Constitution while playing for Rockwell.Turner's Cross was Cork Constitution's home ground from 1897 to 1929, when it was purchased by the MFA.

Edited by Jack City - 08 Sep 2020 at 11:58am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:32pm
James Ellroy's unique style of writing has its genesis in his publishers complaining about the length of his books, hence, the abbreviations such as "nix"; it's not a stylistic choice like I thought, more so a necessity.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Joe Rogan podcast had Jake the Snake on and he used to be Andre the Giants chauffeur, he has some gas stories about him like drinking 2 cases of beer (40oz) in the back of a limo over a 4 hour drive and never going for a piss, he thought he would have to clean the car or his pissed in the bottles but no he didn't find anything and another where they got in a bar fight in Austin, some fellas were at another table and throwing beer cans at him and laughing. Good stories!

Jake the Snake's mother is his sister and his dad is his grandfather

Horrific his father was dating a woman and raped her 13 year old daughter and as a result he was conceived. His Dad married his grandmother as a result and his mother was also his sister.  His sister presumably as a result of the rape had mental health problems, then went in to  marry a man 35 years  her senior.  That mans ex wife then kidnapped her and killed his mother/sister.   

There is a company called Memmo where you hand over cash and a celebrity of your choosing will provide you with a short video of happy bday / get well/ congrats etc You provide notes of what you want them to say.
My friend got Tony Adams to say happy bday to her arsenal supporting dad ... cringe 

Anyway was looking at it and you can get Jake the snake for £100 to do a short video for you.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:26pm
It's called Cameo. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 181>
  Share Topic