You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 180>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You yellow platers are in no position to be looking down your noses, of that I can assure you. The absolute nonsense we deal with in work from you lot really has to be seen to be believed. If I could post CCTV from my work laptop ai would, and it would shut yous up nicely.  
Morgans still top of the pile i presume?
League leaders alright, A1 not far behind, Mulgrew also holding their own and of course a very honourable mention to Ballymena's finest, McBurneys. 

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 2:58am

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

You yellow platers are in no position to be looking down your noses, of that I can assure you. The absolute nonsense we deal with in work from you lot really has to be seen to be believed. If I could post CCTV from my work laptop ai would, and it would shut yous up nicely.  
Morgans still top of the pile i presume?
League leaders alright, A1 not far behind, Mulgrew also holding their own and of course a very honourable mention to Ballymena's finest, McBurneys. 

Ballymena’s finest haha! A1 would be moving alright that’s for sure.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Also hope to learn this 
When on the Palmerstown dueller...cars approaching the junction with kennelsforth rd(heading for Ballyer) why do so many cars do a U turn and head back towards m50? Where are they coming from!! 

Dunno.  They've been doing it since I was a kid.  I have no idea.  I'd say every time I use it I'd see someone doing a u turn on it. 

First time using driving up Kennelsfort in a couple of years. I see they've finally started to let more than 3 or 4 cars through at a time now at the junction. Nothing worse than when someone would do a u-turn and about 2 cars could get through after. Used to avoid it as much as I could and take the next one at the Oval.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 5:15am

Also hope to learn this 
When on the Palmerstown dueller...cars approaching the junction with kennelsforth rd(heading for Ballyer) why do so many cars do a U turn and head back towards m50? Where are they coming from!! 
I’ll let you in on why BSM, and take my word for this having worked 15 odd years on Motorways etc.......

Most drivers are Morons. The stuff Ive see, the incidents I’ve dealt with, the interactions I’ve had in that time have initially amused, but then scared me. Nothing shocks me anymore. If Gardai did their job, there would be no traffic congestion because there would only be a handful of people left driving.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Irish drivers are excellent drivers compared to those in the Middle East. I've lost track of the amount of times I've see a driver miss a turn, stop, and reverse back up a busy road to take the turn they missed. Happened to me in a taxi before.

For example, say you're driving past Littlepace and into Clonee. But you realise that you've missed the turn into Littlepace. So you get as far as the horse stud, stop, and start reversing into oncoming traffic to get into Littlepace. 

I know.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:06am

Hope to learn this....Guinness ad on telly with Barry Keoghan. What boozer is he in? I thought it was the side part of the Temple Bar..but I’m not so sure now?

Was wondering about this too.
Was thinking maybe the Open Gate Brewery which they have on Thomas St where they sell their special Brews, or possibly Jimmy Rabbittes on Camden st. Has a big enough smoking/ outdoor area like that.
The dark side.. And the light
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Also hope to learn this 
I’ll let you in on why BSM, and take my word for this having worked 15 odd years on Motorways etc.......

Most drivers are Morons. The stuff Ive see, the incidents I’ve dealt with, the interactions I’ve had in that time have initially amused, but then scared me. Nothing shocks me anymore. If Gardai did their job, there would be no traffic congestion because there would only be a handful of people left driving.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Irish drivers are excellent drivers compared to those in the Middle East. I've lost track of the amount of times I've see a driver miss a turn, stop, and reverse back up a busy road to take the turn they missed. Happened to me in a taxi before.

For example, say you're driving past Littlepace and into Clonee. But you realise that you've missed the turn into Littlepace. So you get as far as the horse stud, stop, and start reversing into oncoming traffic to get into Littlepace. 

I know.
That may be a less regular occurrence here but it certainly happens more than you’d think and I include turning and driving the wrong way through a 4.5 km tunnel in that.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 8:37pm
There was an English footballer named Segar Bastard. He was capped once in 1880.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

There was an English footballer named Segar Bastard. He was capped once in 1880.

Churchill.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 4:47pm
According to his wikipedia, Sylvain Distin has the most appearances for a foreign outfield player in the premier league. Would have had about 100 guesses before i landed on him. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Hope to learn this....Guinness ad on telly with Barry Keoghan. What boozer is he in? I thought it was the side part of the Temple Bar..but I’m not so sure now?

Was wondering about this too.
Was thinking maybe the Open Gate Brewery which they have on Thomas St where they sell their special Brews, or possibly Jimmy Rabbittes on Camden st. Has a big enough smoking/ outdoor area like that.
Dont think it’s Jimmy’s,I worked there during the refurbishment
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:55pm

Also hope to learn this 

Dunno.  They've been doing it since I was a kid.  I have no idea.  I'd say every time I use it I'd see someone doing a u turn on it. 

First time using driving up Kennelsfort in a couple of years. I see they've finally started to let more than 3 or 4 cars through at a time now at the junction. Nothing worse than when someone would do a u-turn and about 2 cars could get through after. Used to avoid it as much as I could and take the next one at the Oval.
3 cars ahead of me tonight did a u turn! Someone must know ...Gary Mc..??
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 11:01am
The man who was rescued 4km off the Kerry coast yesterday by the RNLI was none other than Ruari McSorley. 
He was found 12hrs after he ventured into the water and was surrounded by a pod of dolphins LOL

Edited by 9fingers - 25 Aug 2021 at 11:03am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The man who was rescued 4km off the Kerry coast yesterday by the RNLI was none other than Ruari McSorley. 
He was found 12hrs after he ventured into the water and was surrounded by a pod of dolphins LOL

Big dumb Irish head on him.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:05pm
He was apparently trying to swim from Inch beach to Fenit lighthouse LOL
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:22pm
Frostbit Boy. Sounds like a really sh*t superhero.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:33pm

Also hope to learn this 

3 cars ahead of me tonight did a u turn! Someone must know ...Gary Mc..??
Idiots I suppose.
I guess that they come over Toll Bridge and stay left thinking its for Lucan (or most likely Liffey Valley) and then realise their mistake.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:39pm

Frostbit Boy. Sounds like a really sh*t superhero.

Frost Bit and Sun Stroke to the rescue.
The dark side.. And the light
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

He was apparently trying to swim from Inch beach to Fenit lighthouse LOL

Well at least he wasn't wasting another country's vital resources by acting like an imbecile.

http://www.thejournal.ie/mountain-rescue-irish-people-sweden-5529388-Aug2021/

"President of the Swedish Mountain Rescuers National Organisation Rickard Svedjesten told The Journal that the group were not wearing proper clothing with one wearing shorts. "

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 25 Aug 2021 at 12:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 180>
  Share Topic