You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 180>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Notts County had a lovely team in 1990/91 under Colin

Tommy Johnson was banging them in left, right and centre

Knocked Manchester City out of the FA Cup and gave Spurs a damn good rattle in the Sixth Round Proper at the Lane, they led for a good portion of that game and Spurs only won it late on, think Gazza might have got the winner

Don O'Riordan got a screamer to put County ahead

Don has had quite the career
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:35pm
Everytime the Newcastle thread is at the top of the Rest of the World section it gets mysteriously replaced within 5 or 10 minutes by 1 of 3 other threads without fail......
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Everytime the Newcastle thread is at the top of the Rest of the World section it gets mysteriously replaced within 5 or 10 minutes by 1 of 3 other threads without fail......
Been happening for agesLOL Last season actually, I got a PM asking if I’d noticed that it was happening (and not from a Newcastle fan i’ll add). Hadn’t noticed it but the poster that PM’d me went about bumping the Newcastle thread to keep it on top for a while just to see. Low and behold the Sunderland thread was bumped within minutes everytime with some insightful information of some report says somethingLOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:41pm
Ah lads.... come on now. Couldnt have been happening LOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ah lads.... come on now. Couldnt have been happening LOL
Go to the first couple of pages of the Sunderland thread and look at the various posters from Wearside and then compare IPsLOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:46pm
the 3 lads at 119 LOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

the 3 lads at 119 LOL
LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:54pm
It's safe to say a certain library lost alot of business during lockdown over here LOL
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Been happening for agesLOL Last season actually, I got a PM asking if I’d noticed that it was happening (and not from a Newcastle fan i’ll add). Hadn’t noticed it but the poster that PM’d me went about bumping the Newcastle thread to keep it on top for a while just to see. Low and behold the Sunderland thread was bumped within minutes everytime with some insightful information of some report says somethingLOL

Madness LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:38pm
O'Neills do the jersey for the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Few nice options too.
The dark side.. And the light
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

O'Neills do the jersey for the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Few nice options too.
I was flicking through Sky Sports this morning and there were matches in both codes of rugby from Australia 

One was a rugby union match between the ACT Brumbies and the Queensland 

O'Neills had pitchside advertising at that so I presume they manufacture the Brumbies gear, in fact a quick Netscape just now confirms that they do

The other was an NRL match between my beloved Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles and the Penrith Panthers at my beloved Brookvale Oval - there was a limited amount of spectators on the famous grass banks

Penrith's geansaí is made by Strabane's finest

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 1:29pm
Don’t know where to post this so just throwing it in here.

When did Palmerstown become Palmerston? 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'm from the area.  Basically it was always Palmerstown growing up and all the signs were Palmerstown.  Then some person apparently discovered some old documents or something which stated its name was Palmerston.  They claimed there was a vote on whether to persevere with Palmerstown or adopt 'the original' name of Palmerston. We never got anything in the door about it and they claimed the Palmerston vote won.  I'm very dubious about that.  For a good few years people were using electrical tape to add the w to Palmerston to make it Palmerstown on the road signs over the N4.   I prefer Palmerstown.  Was always that growing up and certainly since the area was built up with housing estates.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 2:22pm
There's a non-alcoholic Guinness popular in parts of West Africa called 'Malta Guinness'. It was launched in Cameroon in 1984.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm from the area.  Basically it was always Palmerstown growing up and all the signs were Palmerstown.  Then some person apparently discovered some old documents or something which stated its name was Palmerston.  They claimed there was a vote on whether to persevere with Palmerstown or adopt 'the original' name of Palmerston. We never got anything in the door about it and they claimed the Palmerston vote won.  I'm very dubious about that.  For a good few years people were using electrical tape to add the w to Palmerston to make it Palmerstown on the road signs over the N4.   I prefer Palmerstown.  Was always that growing up and certainly since the area was built up with housing estates.
what era was the change?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 2:53pm

That vote was pretty high profile and covered in all the national news outlets! Palmerstown won it 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That vote was pretty high profile and covered in all the national news outlets! Palmerstown won it 

Well now I don’t know what to believe 

Edited by McG - 03 Aug 2020 at 3:02pm
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

what era was the change?

It was always Palmerstown and nobody even knew about the name Palmerston or called it Palmerston. The first time I recall ever hearing about it was they put up a road sign saying Palmerston over the N4 circa 2003.  I assumed it was a cock up with the spelling. Then more road signs appeared replacing Palmerstown as the spelling. 
The cemetary there is called Palmerstown Cemetary and the shopping centre is spelled Palmerstown.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 180>
  Share Topic