You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 180>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jackie Carey* was sacked as Everton manager in a taxi and since
Then the expression taxi for so and so is used when a manager is under pressure.  

*didnt make traps sacked thread. 
I believe Richardson resigned from Cork City in '95 on a chip shop pay phone in Sligo after a defeat. I think 'battered sausage' is a catchier phrase.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 4:30pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:38pm
Say, sake of argument, I live in the village of Belcoo on the border. I can send a letter to *any* part of the UK (including the likes of Shetland and the Scilly Isles) for 58p.

However, if I want to send the same letter over the other side of the bridge into Blacklion, it costs the same as what it would cost me to send a letter to Tahiti, New Caledonia, the Norwegian Antarctic Territory (seriously), or anywhere else in the world. It might only be £1.25 but still.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 3:05pm
That is only logical, 'domestic' mail is always going to be cheaper. I would imagine the price of a UK stamp is costed to help cover the hard to reach locations. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 3:57pm
Oh I know it's perfectly logical that domestic mail is cheaper. I suppose the point is that I didn't realise the *worldwide* letter cost was the same no matter where it goes to.

It's insane that it costs the same to post a letter 50 metres as it does to post it 15,000 kilometres. I assumed the likes of Tahiti cost a bit more.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 01 Mar 2019 at 3:57pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Oh I know it's perfectly logical that domestic mail is cheaper. I suppose the point is that I didn't realise the *worldwide* letter cost was the same no matter where it goes to.

It's insane that it costs the same to post a letter 50 metres as it does to post it 15,000 kilometres. I assumed the likes of Tahiti cost a bit more.
Ah right. Is that just a UK thing? Is it dearer to send a letter from Ireland to Tahiti than to Europe?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ah right. Is that just a UK thing? Is it dearer to send a letter from Ireland to Tahiti than to Europe?
Nope same price as rest of the world comes in under international stamps that includes UK but and i say but, you can send a letter to the North but you only have to pay for a national stamp .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 12:54pm
That the rumours are true. A certain drink with an 'unlucky' number in its name has a devastating effect on the human digestive system. 

Ouch. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:50pm
From next season, attacking players will no longer be able to stand in the wall free kicks. Will have to be a metre away from the wall.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

From next season, attacking players will no longer be able to stand in the wall free kicks. Will have to be a metre away from the wall.

That's an excellent rule change Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
edit

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

That the rumours are true. A certain drink with an 'unlucky' number in its name has a devastating effect on the human digestive system. 

Ouch. 

You got the scuts after drinking a skinful of it?
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Ouch. 

You got the scuts after drinking a skinful of it?

In this case the correlation is off the scale.  We are heading into science fiction territory.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:09pm
I learned that Nordies are a confused bunch no more so that the Cafflicks.

Watching In the Name of the Father last night and Auntie Annie from Belfast now residing in London had all plates and cups with the Queen on it.

Then you have other confused Nordies like Brendan Rodgers,  Martin O-Nil,  Rory McIlroy et al.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Watching In the Name of the Father last night and Auntie Annie from Belfast now residing in London had all plates and cups with the Queen on it.

Then you have other confused Nordies like Brendan Rodgers,  Martin O-Nil,  Rory McIlroy et al.

Watched it too. 
Found it quite amazing that the real life Paul Hill ended up marrying Bobby Kennedy's daughter. Strange enough coming together. 

Edited by McG - 02 Mar 2019 at 7:17pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Watched it too. 
Found it quite amazing that the real life Paul Hill ended up marrying Bobby Kennedy's daughter. How the fock does that happen. 

Yeah thought the same.  Random.  ''Ms. Kennedy may I introduce you to one of the Guildford 4?''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Watched it too. 
Found it quite amazing that the real life Paul Hill ended up marrying Bobby Kennedy's daughter. How the fock does that happen. 

Yeah thought the same.  Random.  ''Ms. Kennedy may I introduce you to one of the Guildford 4?''

My thinking exactly LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 9:15am
Peter Reid's grandad fought in Boland's Mill in the Rising.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 180>
  Share Topic