You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 180>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:17pm
Kim Il-Sung (grandfather of Kim Jong-Un), was born on the same day that the Titanic sank.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Pfft. 1 European Cup. He was fortunate to be in the Inter team who were the only ones who escaped Calciopoli, the Barca team who were one of the best of all time and the PSG team who steamrollered a weak league because of a mountain of cash, all without ever being the best left back in the world. He would never have won as much if he wasn't Zlatan's mate. I think we can all easily name ten left backs from the last twenty years who were better than him.
Im just saying.
Its an unusual stat for an average player, like Gary Neville or Phil Neal LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:31am
 That bhobshoite is a secret advocate (well not any more) of touting
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:31am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:15am
Richie Sadlier's only cap for Ireland was in the first game I ever saw live
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Richie Sadlier's only cap for Ireland was in the first game I ever saw live

Richie only played once for Ireland
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:25pm
The theme for Going for Gold was composed by Hans Zimmer

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:44pm
The theme for 'Going for Gold' was composed by Hans Zimmer. (Never heard of that show or composer before but it is something I learned today)
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

The theme for 'Going for Gold' was composed by Hans Zimmer. (Never heard of that show or composer before but it is something I learned today)

You're playing catch up so (Do you like that Denis !)
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The theme for Going for Gold was composed by Hans Zimmer

"Henry Kelly is a keen golfer playing off a handicap of 4. In 1994 he won the inaugural William Roache charity classic golf invitational at Woburn"

ClapClapClapClapClap

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:41pm
What a terrible show it was. Cheap and nasty. Henry Kelly must be up there as one of the blandest quiz show hosts of all time. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What a terrible show it was. Cheap and nasty. Henry Kelly must be up there as one of the blandest quiz show hosts of all time. 

Nasty? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:05pm

It's original premise was for someone to win a trip to the 1988 Summer Olympics hence the title.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 10 Aug 2017 at 11:10pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:07pm
Nasty as in tacky.They had terrible prizes etc. It's a long time ago but that's how I remember it.

Am I wrong?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

It's original premise was for someone to win a trip to the 1988 Summer Olympics hence the title.

Yeah,the daily winners of the show got something very trivial is the way I remember it? The BBC certainly didn't break the bank for that show.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

That the most decorated footballer in history is (allegedly)........Maxwell.

That is the Brasilian Maxwell Scherrer Cabelino Andrade.

Ajax

I only know who Maxwell is cause I  read the Zlatan autobiography, and he just seemed to be at the same clubs as him. I have no idea who he is thoughConfused. And to find he's allegedly the most decorated player in the world. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:47pm
40 million tonnes of sahra sand falls on the amazon in the rain. Gives the amazon half the nutrients it needs to grow.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:39am
That has blown my mind Showgies. I had to have a look on Google.

Edited by pre Madonna - 13 Aug 2017 at 2:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 180>
  Share Topic