You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "What I learned today" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 182>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:17pm
Kim Il-Sung (grandfather of Kim Jong-Un), was born on the same day that the Titanic sank.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:31pm
You can get a season ticket middle tier, near the front, half way line at the San Siro for AC Milan for €440.

Of the seven Fulham season ticket categories, only the cheapest one, at £349, is cheaper than that.

About 80% of Fulham season tickets are more expensive.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:51pm
Pfft. 1 European Cup. He was fortunate to be in the Inter team who were the only ones who escaped Calciopoli, the Barca team who were one of the best of all time and the PSG team who steamrollered a weak league because of a mountain of cash, all without ever being the best left back in the world. He would never have won as much if he wasn't Zlatan's mate. I think we can all easily name ten left backs from the last twenty years who were better than him.

Paco Gento.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Aug 2017 at 7:53pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:12pm
That the most decorated footballer in history is (allegedly)........Maxwell.

That is the Brasilian Maxwell Scherrer Cabelino Andrade.

Ajax

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 9:25pm
The M50 motorway exits/junctions are numbered 1 to 17.
However there is no exit/junction number 8.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:28pm
Eurospar aim to have a defibrillator located at every store nationwide
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

After checking. Tokyo originally had been awarded them but they were then switched to Helsinki
Correct.

After the Japs invaded China.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:56am
There was also an 'unofficial' World Cup held in 1946 (which Brasil had applied to host) which was basically just the South American Championship.

Argentina beat Brasil 2-0 in the final but FIFA fail to recognise this as an official World Cup.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:52am
After checking. Tokyo originally had been awarded them but they were then switched to Helsinki
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:50am
Really ? I was always under the impression it was the summer games.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Tokyo was supposed to host the 1940 Olympics
Winter, Helsinki for the Summer one.
Same as Cortina for the Winter event in 1944.

It seems all the countries chosen started a fcukin War for the craic.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:48am

Winter, Helsinki for the Summer one.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:39am

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

The 1956 Olympic Games were held in Melbourne, Australia.
But because Australia has a strict 6-month horse quarantine rule, it was decided that the equestrian events would be held in Stockholm, Sweden.
Australia sent an equestrian team to Sweden and didn't win any medals.
Hosts Sweden won 3 golds.
Berlin was due to host the 1916 Olympics but WWI broke out.

Germany was also due to host the 1942 World Cup.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:18am
The 1956 Olympic Games were held in Melbourne, Australia.
But because Australia has a strict 6-month horse quarantine rule, it was decided that the equestrian events would be held in Stockholm, Sweden.
Australia sent an equestrian team to Sweden and didn't win any medals.
Hosts Sweden won 3 golds.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

England have only won 6 knockout games at tournaments since 1966 and 1 of them was a penalty shootout.
1986 - Paraguay
1990 - Belgium
1990 - Cameroon
1996 - Spain (on pens)
2002 - Denmark
2006 - Ecuador

Not exactly top teams and they should really have lost to Belgium, Cameroon and Spain.

Also the win on pens is their only win in the Euros and they were at home.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:55am
England have only won 6 knockout games at tournaments since 1966 and 1 of them was a penalty shootout.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:59am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Stephen King wrote the Running Mam

The Running Mam ? Is that like the Running Man except it's set in Ireland and it's lads getting chased by their aul wans instead?

Typo sorry bloody auto type
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 182>
  Share Topic