You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U2 - Point Depot - Dec 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U2 - Point Depot - Dec 2015
    Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:45pm
It seems the Republic of Ireland's biggest band U2 will be playing the Point Depot this December. I can imagine tickets will be absolute goldust. Any of the Ybig brothers going to try and go?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:50pm
No.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:51pm
Yes
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:02pm
Surely this will get bumped up to a much bigger venue
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

bono's anus?
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:09pm

They're not playing stadiums for this tour I think. Imagine they'll put on more nights.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:10pm

No. They'll do about 8 nights in the Point
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:36pm
Ah sound lads did not know they were keeping it to smaller venues
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:49pm
It will be a "beautiful day" when they're in the 3 Arena.

Edited by Richmond Ultra - 04 May 2015 at 3:50pm
Omnia Causa Fiunt
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 4:51pm
There will be plenty without tickets for this, even up to the date of the gig. They'll be all "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". Probably be some couples of whom only one will have a ticket and they'll be like, well, I'm going in "with or without you". Then the other one will ask for a hug and lie, saying "All I want is you", while they rob the ticket from the back pocket. Then the "One" robbed will be like, whatever, I'll listen to the album, it'll be "Even better than the real thing".
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 5:00pm
Ah Dave, you're so cruel.

As You Were
Three in a row
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There will be plenty without tickets for this, even up to the date of the gig. They'll be all "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". Probably be some couples of whom only one will have a ticket and they'll be like, well, I'm going in "with or without you". Then the other one will ask for a hug and lie, saying "All I want is you", while they rob the ticket from the back pocket. Then the "One" robbed will be like, whatever, I'll listen to the album, it'll be "Even better than the real thing".
Surely the one without a ticket will say to the other one "go on in now, and when I get a ticket, I will follow". 

Edited by sid waddell - 11 May 2015 at 8:34pm
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Surely the one without a ticket will say to the other one "go on in now, and when I get a ticket, I will follow". 

It took you a week to come up with that?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It took you a week to come up with that?
No, I was litening to some old 1980s U2 B-sides on YouTube over the last hour and searched to see if there was a thread about them here. 

It took me roughly 10 seconds to come up with pun.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:02pm
But it only takes a second to say goodbye :).

Edited by Baldrick - 11 May 2015 at 9:03pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You're like a fly on the wall.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You're like a fly on the wall.

True us flies move in mysterious ways.
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:16pm
U2 - i) musical greats or ii) charlatans*? 

Opinions? 

I'm in camp i).

*Not the Manchester band.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic