You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheapest place for a TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Can one of you lads recommend one? Rossie, Shame, HB>?

nordmende is a great brand McG. They fell away in prominence with Samsung etc rising but they have always been around and build great stuff. The only one id personally avoid is the LG. I have the 32 inch version in my bedroom and I just dont find it as smooth to operate as my Samsung in the sitting room or the Bush 18inch I had in my room previously. Actually the bush was a great telly in fairness. Its in the young lads room now and not a bother on it.

Thanks Sham.

Heading down on lunch so will have a look at the Nordmende.

My main tv is an LG, and have found it fine but i'm not fussy so wouldnt even know about tvs being smooth etc. but take your point.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 12:20pm
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL-40R453C-Full-Inch-Model/dp/B00TH5D0DS

Thats a fine TV for the price.Saorview/Freeview built in. Works out about €370 delivered.
Its in Powercity as well but it €70 dearer.

Depends what you need the TV for,will it be the main TV in house ?If you looking for a second TV/bedroom TV then the above one is perfect,you might want to go more expensive if you to replace your main tv.

Richersounds have a Sony Bravia Smart TV for €500ish and it comes with 6 year guarantee .
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 3:47pm
ok quick bump on this thread, looking for a new tv, but may hold off till the january sales looking at spending €900 - €1000, 50/55" screen.  not very techy so someone might explain whats better oled or 4k led. all recommendations appreciated. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 3:56pm
PowerCity is usually the cheapest.

I got a UltraHA\4k TV -

This looks like a decent TV - http://powercity.ie/?par=10-14-218651
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:11pm
There is often great deals on Amazon for TV's.RicherSounds another good place to look.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:31pm
Your neighbour's front room.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 6:30pm
Usually very decent one-day sales on Black Friday (last Friday in November) if you can hold off
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 6:51pm
A fella in power city once told me that UK TVs don't always work here. He was speaking sh#t, right? With sterling the way it is, theres serious bargains to be had on loads of things for a few weeks at least until suppliers up the costs and it gets passed on.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

A fella in power city once told me that UK TVs don't always work here. He was speaking sh#t, right? With sterling the way it is, theres serious bargains to be had on loads of things for a few weeks at least until suppliers up the costs and it gets passed on.

He might have meant some UK TVs wouldn't be able to display Saorview ,they just wouldn't have that tuner built in .Other than that a UK TV will work here.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

He might have meant some UK TVs wouldn't be able to display Saorview ,they just wouldn't have that tuner built in .Other than that a UK TV will work here.

Thanks, stupid question maybe but if I got a UK TV and then decide to get rid of Sky in the future, how would I get RTE then?
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:12pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Thanks, stupid question maybe but if I got a UK TV and then decide to get rid of Sky in the future, how would I get RTE then?

would need to get a decoder.Best thing to do is find a TV you want and then its fairly straightforward to find out if it will decode Saorview.
You are as well to buy a tv that is saorview compatible,a huge amount of them are now anyways.I have bought a few TV's from UK the last few years and always got saorview compatible .

Edited by rossieman - 02 Nov 2016 at 8:12pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:21pm
Sound, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic