You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheapest place for a TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheapest place for a TV
    Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:01pm
Folks ned a new TV, looking for one of those 4k jobs seen one in Currys picture was something else. Along with its price tag, near needed a seat. Where's the cheapest spot online? 

Thanks
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:09pm
I think 4K is a waste of money at the moment.Very little content for all that extra cash.Maybe in a couple of years it might be worth it but not now.
Amazon do have some superb deals and there was an excellent sale on in Sony centre's a few weeks back.
What size TV you looking for ?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:12pm
I was thinking 55. 
I was for buying a Sony one, always thought their picture was the best. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:24pm
If you dont go for a 4K TV you should get an excellent TV for less than a grand.I know its all personal taste/choice but I don't see the point getting a 4K or even bothering with a smart TV.You can buy a android box for your TV for a €100 that will do everything a smart TV does and a whole lot more.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:28pm
Got a 4k Panasonic and love it. Limited content alright but will do me years.

Best picture and build quality are Panasonic and Sony.

Picture wise never been impressed with Samsung.

Wouldn't bother with smart either Tbh but most mid to top range tv's will have it regardless.
@AntrimMan85
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Wouldn't bother with smart either Tbh but most mid to top range tv's will have it regardless.

The thing with buying a 4K now is the lack of content and the extra costs.Could be better off buying cheaper and be able to upgrade in 2 or 3 years time if there is a big jump in features..
Your right about the smart as well I never use the features on mine but they all seem to have them now.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:39pm
Welcome Home the Celtic Tiger

" Cheapest place for a TV"

but it's got to be 4k and 45-55"
😄😄😄😄
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

The thing with buying a 4K now is the lack of content and the extra costs.Could be better off buying cheaper and be able to upgrade in 2 or 3 years time if there is a big jump in features..
Your right about the smart as well I never use the features on mine but they all seem to have them now.

Agree totally. Got mine in a sale just after Christmas for a price I couldn't look past , think it was 50 quid or so more than I was prepared to pay for a decent full hd, so made sense. Wouldn't pay big money for 4K at this point in time
@AntrimMan85
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 9:40pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Agree totally. Got mine in a sale just after Christmas for a price I couldn't look past , think it was 50 quid or so more than I was prepared to pay for a decent full hd, so made sense. Wouldn't pay big money for 4K at this point in time

I was in today in Currys like i said , i got quoted 3k for their 4k one with build in speakers....... Why not Confused
 That's why I'm asking, never been impressed by Samsung, their screens have a reflection and i find their sound rubbish compared to Sony and Panasonic.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 10:06pm
I agree with AntrimMAn.  I think Pananasonic have the best picture quality.  Not saying there are others arent as good but from my shopping around for a tv 2 years ago I went a  bit mad checking out tv's and stuff.

I have a plasma panasonic I bought for 500 beans and HD on upc for sport and its better than anything I see in the shops or at the sky hd stalls.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Wee James View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wee James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 10:12pm
4 k wtf, are ye gone mental lads? Jaysus i wouldnt consider spending more than 1 k.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 10:26pm
Bitored spending 50E on a toothbrush and Byrne 4k on a tv ... fml

Looks like these 2 weren't hit by the recession

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Bitored spending 50E on a toothbrush and Byrne 4k on a tv ... fml

Looks like these 2 weren't hit by the recession

I didn't spend 4k on a TV... Fs i wish. This is some TV mind you, you're women in the shop starting tell me it has a camera and a touch screen remote! I just want to watch football and Netflix LOL 
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 10:32pm
4k is the picture resolution! not bloody 4 grand  LOL 
Wee James View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wee James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 10:36pm
Well thank god for that LOL   what is this 4 k thing about? I dont care whats on my tv as long as it works.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 10:37pm
Get yourself a Samsung 42inch for about 500e
Eastenders will look the same on that as it will on a 4grand gold plated telly
With the 3,500 you save,have yourself a nice holiday,maybe Vegas for 10days...jobs a goodun👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 11:02pm
Christ the f**king night. 4k is not the price. It's approx 4000 pixels horizontal....Ultra HD if you will
@AntrimMan85
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 11:17pm
oops LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic