Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Charlton RIP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack Charlton RIP
    Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 5:05pm
Big Jack turns 80 on May 8th.

Hope the FAI have it firmly marked in their calendar and will pay tribute to the man in some way or means.

I know his health wasn't the best in recent years. Anyone know how he is doing?

Edited by nvidic - 11 Jul 2020 at 9:53am
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 5:09pm
A trip to Harry Ramsdens would be fitting
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Big Jack turns 80 on May 8th.

Hope the FAI have it firmly marked in their calendar and will pay tribute to the man in some way or means.

I know his health wasn't the best in recent years. Anyone know how he is doing?

Wouldn't hold me breath mate
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 11:06pm
Don't think he's well at the moment seem to recall reading somewhere that the players bar in Lansdowne has been named after Jack but he wasn't able to come over for the naming of it
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 3:56pm
He's at the newcastle game.
God help him.

Edited by McG - 25 Apr 2015 at 3:56pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:59am
Big Jack 80 today

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:08am
Happy birthday jack, a true gent and a legend.ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:10am
Legend, happy birthday big man Clap

A friend got me his autograph a few years back, he signed it:

To Hodge,

Best Wishes,
Jack Charlton.

OuchLOL

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:27am
Jack Clap

Really don't need to add to that .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:49pm
Happy Birthday Jack , If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here today LOL10 ways to live your life like birthday boy Jack Charlton

Edited by Charlton's Child - 08 May 2015 at 12:50pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Happy Birthday Jack , If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here today LOL10 ways to live your life like birthday boy Jack Charlton

I can see the resemblance !
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:01pm
Happy Birthday Jack
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:09pm
Happy Birthday big Jack! Thumbs Up
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:22pm
best manager we have had despite what people will tell you.  Was a great character tooThumbs Up
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

The papers will be all over his extra marital affair and love child
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

best manager we have had despite what people will tell you.  Was a great character tooThumbs Up

What "people?"  Led us to three tourmanents out of his first four attempts, beating England in our very 1st game at the top table, last 8 of the World Cup in 1990, beat the eventual WC runners up in 1994 and very unlucky to be denied a place at Euro 92.  Anyone who says he's not our best manager needs their head examined.  He wasn't perfect (his treatment of Dave Langan for example), some of the football was brutal (what Manager hasn't had that?) but no question he's the best and most successful gaffer we've had.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:39pm

Our 3 best

1. Jack: Our most successful manager.

2. Mick: Arguably played the most attractive football. Took some big scalps.

3. Trap: Made us one of the most effective defensive units away from home with our longest unbeaten record. A phenomenal achievement.

Anyway Happy Birthday Jack
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

What "people?"  Led us to three tourmanents out of his first four attempts, beating England in our very 1st game at the top table, last 8 of the World Cup in 1990, beat the eventual WC runners up in 1994 and very unlucky to be denied a place at Euro 92.  Anyone who says he's not our best manager needs their head examined.  He wasn't perfect (his treatment of Dave Langan for example), some of the football was brutal (what Manager hasn't had that?) but no question he's the best and most successful gaffer we've had.

Unfortunately there's plenty of revisionists in Irish football FW. My dad has had heated arguments with his own brother and bandmate trying to defend Chalton.

'Jack was lucky, he had a great team' . What these people seem to forget is that Jack got these British lborn players to play and made us a great team.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic