Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Charlton RIP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 5:55pm
I was talking to the England fans team manager yesterday. He is from the same town as jack. A friend of his brings him out to lunch every Friday. He said he doesn't remember anything, world cups, euros etc. Very sad to hear.
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 6:29pm
Ah Jaysus
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 6:36pm
Very sad to hear
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 7:54pm
That is awful. Poor ould Jackie.

Was lovely to see him today and I shed a little tear today when I saw him so emotional.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 8:07pm
Big jack coming out today is the best moment I can remember in that stadium . Keep well big man
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Big jack coming out today is the best moment I can remember in that stadium . Keep well big man

Jaysus nearly 20 years since that night in Anfield.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

+1

Almost brought a tear to my eye but had to act hard with the England in town so held it together.

Very sad to hear of his ill health.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 8:31pm
Emotional stuff. Welled up a bit myself too, what a man. Shame about the illness, and I know first hand how dilipidating the disease is. Clap Big Jack! If he is as ill as the rumours are saying, it took a fantastic bit of inner character to be there this afternoon. 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 8:58pm
Didn't know he wasn't well.
What a reception he got tho, the least he deserved, was great to see him Best part of today

Edited by 9fingers - 07 Jun 2015 at 8:58pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 9:29pm
Unfortunate scripting by RTE news saying the match in 1995 is a night jack will never forget.

Great to see the reception he got today.
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 9:37pm
He seemed overcome with emotion though, surely he remembered something?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 9:50pm
Highlight of today for me absolute Gentleman and legend.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 10:01pm
Was great too see him after so long,I watched my dad fill up beside me I've only seen him cry 2 twice before in my life. hard to believe it's being 20 years, with Bill passing the good old days seem so long ago.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 10:20pm
Legend Was brilliant seeing him again
boywonder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 11:44pm
Legend. Had a lump in the throat when he came out. But I actually thought the stadium was only half full when he came out unfortunately.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 12:06am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He did for sure. He knew exactly where he was and that the warm reception was for him. He looked delighted to be there and had tears in his eyes when he heard the applause and cheering.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 12:08am
Sad News about Jack.....he was responsible for most of my best days supporting the team. My only quibble with him was the lack of respect he had for some of the established Irish born players Brady, Stapleton and Whelan being examples. But that was Jack, you had to take him warts and all. Hope his final years are peaceful.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He did for sure. He knew exactly where he was and that the warm reception was for him. He looked delighted to be there and had tears in his eyes when he heard the applause and cheering.

I know it is easy to be struck by sentimentality but that is how it felt watching it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
  Share Topic