You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

So the kick off in the Village wasn't revenge for sectarian attacks on Poles in Belfast from Loyalists?
I've no idea.

But if (self-styled) "Loyalists" have attacked Polish shops, how does that justify attacks on NI football fans?

Besides which, "revenge" clearly implies that the Poles were the aggressors at the Belfast match, which further tears the arse out of SByrne's lie that it was NI fans who attacked Polish fans, a lie for which he has no evidence.

Meanwhile, how do you explain this, for instance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjgIV94-88

Ulster Loyalists attacking Polish shops in Moscow?

Or this:
http://www.krakowpost.com/8781/2015/02/the-rise-of-the-polish-hooligan-mafias

This, maybe?
"At the Euro 2012, despite a generally peaceful tournament, a fight broke after Russian fans marched through the capital Warsaw for their match against Poland and were attached by Polish hooligans. The only other incident at the tournament held in Poland (and Ukraine) was the fight between Croatian fans, and the arrest of several Irish fans, however no Poles were involved"
http://poznan.naszemiasto.pl/artykul/kolejnych-23-pseudokibicow-zatrzymanych-w-poznaniu,2804762,art,t,id,tm.html?przekierowanie_mm=1
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Or the burning of Polish flegs on top of bonfires
I've never seen a bonfire at an NI match in my life, flagged or otherwise.

Meanwhile, you might want to study this:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutery
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

revenge? i thought they spanked the nordies around The Village?

There were cars full of vodka filled juiced up lunatics leaving Dublin from 8am.  
Can't be true, Dave.

At least not in the one-eyed world inhabited by SByrne and the like.

You must be making it up.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:15pm
During WW2, there were Polish airmen stationed in Belfast who defended the city from the Luftwaffe.

The people of Belfast owe a massive debt to the Poles and should show solidarity off the pitch.

On the pitch, ye're entitled to make them suffer :)
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Or the burning of Polish flegs on top of bonfires
I've never seen a bonfire at an NI match in my life, flagged or otherwise.

Meanwhile, you might want to study this:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutery

No not a northern match but the yearly bonfires that are associated with the north. Think it was publicised in Poland hence why they probably decided to go on a rampage. Look it up buddy, Google will point you in the right direction.
Chips don't bounce
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:38pm
Great to see the Nordies are posting on our forum again, 4 days before their biggest game in 30 years. 

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Terri, i see your tickets are going for £7.34 on Viagogo LOL

do the might GAWA always travel in such large numbers?
The best fans in the worldTongue
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:49pm
Any see the "flegs" they handed out to the school kids in France ? It wasn't their fleg but instead the IFA badge on a green background.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

[QUOTE=roverstillidie]
I've no idea.

But if (self-styled) "Loyalists" have attacked Polish shops, how does that justify attacks on NI football fans?

Besides which, "revenge" clearly implies that the Poles were the aggressors at the Belfast match, which further tears the arse out of SByrne's lie that it was NI fans who attacked Polish fans, a lie for which he has no evidence.

Meanwhile, how do you explain this, for instance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRjgIV94-88

Ulster Loyalists attacking Polish shops in Moscow?

Or this:
http://www.krakowpost.com/8781/2015/02/the-rise-of-the-polish-hooligan-mafias

This, maybe?
"At the Euro 2012, despite a generally peaceful tournament, a fight broke after Russian fans marched through the capital Warsaw for their match against Poland and were attached by Polish hooligans. The only other incident at the tournament held in Poland (and Ukraine) was the fight between Croatian fans, and the arrest of several Irish fans, however no Poles were involved"
http://poznan.naszemiasto.pl/artykul/kolejnych-23-pseudokibicow-zatrzymanych-w-poznaniu,2804762,art,t,id,tm.html?przekierowanie_mm=1[/QUOTE]

Now that is impressive whataboutery. Do you also need explained why Poles and Russians pop off each other?

You are fully aware of the background to the Polish fans going berserk in Belfast. To remind you of this is not to 'justify' as you put it.

Edited by roverstillidie - 08 Jun 2016 at 3:56pm
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Great to see the Nordies are posting on our forum again, 4 days before their biggest game in 30 years. 

bizarre behavior isn't it. that said, when you spend your summers dressing up like toy soldiers and marching up and down the road i guess it's all relative. 

randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Terri, i see your tickets are going for £7.34 on Viagogo LOL

do the might GAWA always travel in such large numbers?
The best fans in the worldTongue

£7!! they cant even give them away!

I can only assume that most of them don't hold passports.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 4:43pm
I am a proud owner of a Ukraine and Poland top with Lewandoski on it as of today.

I shall wear it with pride on Sunday.

At least the Polish fans have an actual country to follow, no the Polish didn't get enough revenge I hope they get some on Sunday on and off the pitch, attacking them in their homes burning their flags the PUL community great bunch of lads. Lewandoski
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 4:58pm
An unusual half and half, did you make it yourself?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

An unusual half and half, did you make it yourself?

Two separate tops PM...
ObserwatorPZPN View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ObserwatorPZPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:44pm
Was in Belfast for that infamous game. 
Troubles were blown out of proportions by the media as jusual, however I`ve never experienced such aversion from home fans towards us :) Starting with 6am taxi driver on the way from the airport. Remember bunch of lads in prostestant quater of the city gathered in front of the pubs looking at us like we killed their parents or sth.  But they were only shouting and whispering between them. Not too eager to do anything else as our contingent looked very healthy on that day in Belfast. Most atmospheric game I attended that`s for sure. City itself very nice but this strong religious/political division makes its rather unpleasant atmosphere-wise (those murals quite impressive though)

Attacks on the polish shops and flats was/is a different matter. I will never understand the Poles wanting to live there. Loads of more welcoming places in that part of Europe.

Don`t think there will be trouble around sunday games. Different "players" traveling for such expensive trip. Maybe some minor fights fueled by alcohol consuption on both sides but can`t see anything significant to happen. Everybody will be on the lookout for ISIS ;)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:13pm
ObserwatorPZPN complaining about a group of people showing aversion to him and his countrymen

Good job he was never guilty at doing the same on here at other ethnicities,nationalities or religious groups.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ObserwatorPZPN View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ObserwatorPZPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:30pm
"Most atmospheric game I attended that`s for sure".  
Hardly a "complaint", is it?

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 12:26am
Originally posted by ObserwatorPZPN ObserwatorPZPN wrote:

"<span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Most atmospheric game I attended that`s for sure".  </span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Hardly a "complaint", is it?</span>

I see the treatment your native people get in the north buddy, it's a disgrace. They treat yous like rapists and paedophiles yet most Polish are some the most hardworking honest and loyal folks you'll ever meet. I hope Lewandoski rattles their net continually and there is many cheers in the North from the polish who have settled there. #Polska
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 369>
  Share Topic