You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 359360361362363 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Fantastic news! Congratulations Pat.
Good old uncle Pat!

As someone who is respected and admired throughout the world of football, including ithe whole of Ireland*, and at both Spurs and Arsena,l where uniquely he is revered by both sets of fans. I'm quite sure Big Pat isn't in the least bit bothered by the jibes of a couple of small-minded wee sh*tes on a website.

* - Another charity close to Pat’s heart is Co-Operation Ireland, an all-island peace-building organisation.

He explained: “I worked closely with Derek Dougan during the early days of the charity in the mid-1980s. Derek was from the Protestant faith, and I represented the Catholic community, and we knew how important that was, particularly given the times we were living in.

“Religion was no barrier, and we went on to organise some fantastic initiatives to raise money, including bike rides and walks from Belfast to Dublin, vintage car rallies and sponsored swims.”

Jennings (77) celebrated 27 years of golfing at Royal County Down in support of the work of Co-Operation Ireland in October 2022.

That would be the same Derek Dougan abused horrendously by the Are We A Country base for daring to suggest he was in favour of an all-Ireland team, and virtually ostracised by the IFA. Hope Uncle Pat enjoys his wee bauble from an 'empire' that doesn't exist any more.

How novel for one of the forum's resident Brit-Bashers to be speaking up for the boul Derek Dougan.

Or would that be a different Derek Dougan from the one who appeared on the BBCs Question Time as a representative of the United Kinngdom Inependence Party?

You know, UKIP, Brexit, Farage etc... Confused

P.S. If you're going to engage in Internet Fcukwittery, you might care to check your sources first Wink

Edited by Territorial - 04 Jan 2023 at 4:15pm
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 6:30pm
Think Derek ‘went native’ same as Frank Carson  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Think Derek ‘went native’ same as Frank Carson  
Derek went wherever the wind took him - especially if there was an argument at the end of it!

(Or when I say "an argument", do I actually mean "money"?)
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 10:42pm

[QUOTE=BrendanD88]Fantastic news! Congratulations Pat.
Good old uncle Pat!

As someone who is respected and admired throughout the world of football, including ithe whole of Ireland*, and at both Spurs and Arsena,l where uniquely he is revered by both sets of fans. I'm quite sure Big Pat isn't in the least bit bothered by the jibes of a couple of small-minded wee sh*tes on a website.

* - Another charity close to Pat’s heart is Co-Operation Ireland, an all-island peace-building organisation.

He explained: “I worked closely with Derek Dougan during the early days of the charity in the mid-1980s. Derek was from the Protestant faith, and I represented the Catholic community, and we knew how important that was, particularly given the times we were living in.

“Religion was no barrier, and we went on to organise some fantastic initiatives to raise money, including bike rides and walks from Belfast to Dublin, vintage car rallies and sponsored swims.”

Jennings (77) celebrated 27 years of golfing at Royal County Down in support of the work of Co-Operation Ireland in October 2022.

That would be the same Derek Dougan abused horrendously by the Are We A Country base for daring to suggest he was in favour of an all-Ireland team, and virtually ostracised by the IFA. Hope Uncle Pat enjoys his wee bauble from an 'empire' that doesn't exist any more.

How novel for one of the forum's resident Brit-Bashers to be speaking up for the boul Derek Dougan.

Or would that be a different Derek Dougan from the one who appeared on the BBCs Question Time as a representative of the United Kinngdom Inependence Party?

You know, UKIP, Brexit, Farage etc... Confused

P.S. If you're going to engage in Internet Fcukwittery, you might care to check your sources first Wink

Everything I posted is true. I don't know what the fcuk his membership of Ukip has got to do with it. Talk about avoiding the issue. Resident Brit BasherLOL. Happily accept that title before one of your OBEs or MBEs for calling out your bullsh*t.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:22pm

Everything I posted is true.
In so far as it went.

But there is so much more "truth" about that particular episode which you didn't post, which would provide a wider and more revealing context.

I don't know what the fcuk his membership of Ukip has got to do with it.
You criticised Jennings for accepting a CBE, while praising Dougan, despite his also being a UKIP spokesman.

Double standards, I think they call it.

Talk about avoiding the issue.
Mine was a post about Pat Jennings, you seized upon a passing reference to Dougan to veer off on an anti-NI rant.

"Talk aboiut hijacking the issue..."
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 2:39pm
'Anti-NI'. You better fcuking believe it LOL

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 05 Jan 2023 at 2:40pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:46pm

Niall McGinn has signed for Glentoran. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:12pm
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 7:55pm
I guess Michael O'Neill taking charge of the North automatically makes us significantly the worst international team in 'these islands'.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 3:57pm
Kyle Lafferty signs for Linfield
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Kyle Lafferty signs for Linfield

Tasty wee debut for him.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 12:25pm
Last time they tried to sign him he was looking for too much money even for moneybags Linfield. They are sufficiently worried now about not winning the league to take the financial hit until the end of the season. The knuckledragger element will welcome the signing but I do not know if he will add anything to what they’ve already got. We’ll see.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 12:57pm
McGinn has started well for the Glens. Will be interesting to see if Lafferty is a level above that league and bangs in the goals 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:17am

Respect to Dan Ballard.

Northern Ireland footballer Daniel Ballard has been praised for his thoughtful act in supporting a young East Belfast boy who was mascot for Sunday's game against Finland. Ballard joined...

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 9:37pm
I see the nordie fans are making complete fools of themselves releasing some statement which lets be honest is a thinly veiled bigoted sectarian statement saying that Euro 28 should be played in football stadiums onlyLOL

No wonder the world laughs at these dinosaurs.  You can't appeal to these people's good nature because they simply don't have one. 

All these die hard unionists want is to keep things as they are and not give an inch or have any interest in extending the hand of friendship. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I see the nordie fans are making complete fools of themselves releasing some statement which lets be honest is a thinly veiled bigoted sectarian statement saying that Euro 28 should be played in football stadiums onlyLOL

No wonder the world laughs at these dinosaurs.  You can't appeal to these people's good nature because they simply don't have one. 

All these die hard unionists want is to keep things as they are and not give an inch or have any interest in extending the hand of friendship. 

Seen that. Could bear them qualifying nearly to have a game in casement.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 9:53pm
They want parity of funding for football. Eaten bread is soon forgotten, given the millions given to the Windsor Park regeneration.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 10:07pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Seen that. Could bear them qualifying nearly to have a game in casement.
...and on a Sunday. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 359360361362363 369>
  Share Topic