Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 369>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 1:02pm
I’m not the one taking a contrarian view point. I have been clear from the start that I base my view from years of watching the sport and how similar incidents have been dealt with. In fact, I referenced the Daish incident at the US Cup ‘96 where all hell broke loose and a further red card was brandished so strong was the reaction to the over application of the rules. Discretion exists, .

I’ve given you context for Hackett’s “thems the rules approach”, but he’s the expert you like, with the same opinion as yours. Referees can be wrong, we know that. We don’t have to agree with them. Ditto pundits on your side.

Edited by Het-field - 13 Oct 2021 at 1:04pm
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I’m not the one taking a contrarian view point. I have been clear from the start that I base my view from years of watching the sport and how similar incidents have been dealt with. In fact, I referenced the Daish incident at the US Cup ‘96 where all hell broke loose and a further red card was brandished so strong was the reaction to the over application of the rules. Discretion exists, .

I’ve given you context for Hackett’s “thems the rules approach”, but he’s the expert you like, with the same opinion as yours. Referees can be wrong, we know that. We don’t have to agree with them. Ditto pundits on your side.

At least the people I'm sourcing my viewpoints from aren't former NI players FGS.

What context?! A referee making a contentious decision once so that renders his decades of experience immaterial because someone who's never played organised football in his entire life said so? That context?

Discretion, discretion, discretion. For the umpteenth time, Lewis was warned, their captain was warned, several other players were warned. Repeatedly. Now go trawling for another halfway similar incident that happened thirty years ago when the game's rules were completely different in myriad ways.
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 2:53pm
Afternoon all. My brief take on the Lewis dismissal:

* yes, the refereee was overfussy (as they usually are at this level), and even by that standard eccentric. But I'd share the blame around, including to

* Lewis himself. When you've already had an early booking for a crude foul, don't fcuk about to risk another. We can't afford to lose players for daydreaming or gormlessness

* Baraclough. Don't send out a player completely lacking in form, confidence and match practice, don't gurn about teams needing to win not time-wasting when you clearly picked a side looking for 0-0 at best, and overall take the blame yourself

* Davis. As widely agreed he was warned earlier about time-wasting but clearly didn't stress it to the players. Of course this should have been done before the game, not halfway through it

* Gillespie. Yes, he's just a bland pundit but his habit of agreeing with whatever the previous speaker said is telling. So to the Five Live presenter, it was all 'the referee's a disgrace',  but on Radio Ulster he echoed Magilton  who made largely the same points as mine above Smile

Edited by Floreat Ultonia - 13 Oct 2021 at 2:55pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

At least the people I'm sourcing my viewpoints from aren't former NI players FGS.

What context?! A referee making a contentious decision once so that renders his decades of experience immaterial because someone who's never played organised football in his entire life said so? That context?

Discretion, discretion, discretion. For the umpteenth time, Lewis was warned, their captain was warned, several other players were warned. Repeatedly. Now go trawling for another halfway similar incident that happened thirty years ago when the game's rules were completely different in myriad ways.

1. I never said I took my view from former NI players. That’s your invention. I have my own mind.

2.You don’t know what football I’ve played. You don’t like the context because you actually get what I’m saying and don’t like the conclusion. I’m not dismissing his opinion by the way. Another invention on your part.

3.The reason I have to trawl so far back is a sign of how unique it is. Just because “rules are rules” as you seem to be saying you can’t dismiss what you have  seen and what I have see When decision like that are few and far between, and for obvious reasons.

Edited by Het-field - 13 Oct 2021 at 3:05pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Are you lads going back to your families telling them how you won the internet today?

LOLLOL
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 5:55pm
More time wasting from TE in Bulgaria last night:
  They wasted their own time going there, in the first place! 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:34pm

1. I never said I took my view from former NI players. That’s your invention. I have my own mind.

2.You don’t know what football I’ve played. You don’t like the context because you actually get what I’m saying and don’t like the conclusion. I’m not dismissing his opinion by the way. Another invention on your part.

3.The reason I have to trawl so far back is a sign of how unique it is. Just because “rules are rules” as you seem to be saying you can’t dismiss what you have  seen and what I have see When decision like that are few and far between, and for obvious reasons.

Decisions like that are few and far between because most teams don't take time-wasting to the limits NI did, especially after being warned repeatedly about doing it. And especially not in the first half. If the shoe was on the other foot, we all know good and well that Baraclough would be using that as his excuse. Rather than his own lack of instructions - the same thing that reared its head when he brings on their youngest player who immediately flies into a tackle and gets a daft booking.

Have you played at a level similar to the one Hackett refereed at? He refereed at European Championships and refereed the biggest games in England, getting several extensions after reaching the mandatory retirement age, so satisfactory were his performances. Yet you're disregarding his opinion because of something that happened in one game.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 13 Oct 2021 at 8:52pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:17pm
More posts on a NI player getting sent off than Kenny ffs LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:40pm
So if I haven’t played at the level Hackett reffed at, I cant have an opinion? And nobody has every wasted time like NI did the other night? Rrriiiiggghhhttt...
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:51pm

So if I haven’t played at the level Hackett reffed at, I cant have an opinion?
No, you can't have an opinion because you're "... always after a good opportunity to get sucking up to [me]"

Don't ever forget that "People like you have always despised Northern nationalists, to the point where you're happy to take to bed with Unionists."

And that trumps any opinion you may have on refereeing (or anything else for that matter).

LOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

No, you can't have an opinion because you're "... always after a good opportunity to get sucking up to [me]"

Don't ever forget that "People like you have always despised Northern nationalists, to the point where you're happy to take to bed with Unionists."

And that trumps any opinion you may have on refereeing (or anything else for that matter).

LOL

It wasn't me who said that. LOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:00pm

LOL

It wasn't me who said that. LOL

I never said it was you.

But now you're here, do you concur with Martiponti on this, or demur?
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:26pm
My opinion. Any questions on it, please address them to me
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

No, no questions.

I think your posts say everything about you that needs to be said.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:45pm

No, no questions.

The pot calls the kettle black.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:59pm

No, no questions.

I'm quite happy for my posts to speak for me.

Though I'm rather less happy when people like you accuse me of saying or implying things I don't believe and haven't said, then change the subject when invited to supply examples to back up their claims.

And while we're on the subject, for the second time, do you concur or demur with the aspersions which Martiponti cast on Het-field?

Simple question, really.

Edited by Territorial - 14 Oct 2021 at 12:03am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:09am

No, no questions.

I'm quite happy for my posts to speak for me.

Though I'm rather less happy when people like you accuse me of saying or implying things I don't believe and haven't said, then change the subject when invited to supply examples to back up their claims.

And while we're on the subject, for the second time, do you concur or demur with the aspersions which Martiponti cast on Het-field?

Simple question, really.

I don't care enough to answer it. It wasn't me who made the comment and it has little to do with what I'm talking about so it's not really relevant to me.

It's rich that you're accusing me of saying and implying things about your character when you've repeatedly called me a bigot on this thread with little of substance to back it up.

You thrive on making incendiary comments and your mask has slipped plenty of times. I don't need to trawl through thousands of comments on my phone to show you up. You do a good job of doing that yourself.

Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:28am

It's rich that you're accusing me of saying and implying things about your character when you've repeatedly called me a bigot on this thread with little of substance to back it up.

When, for example, Baggio posted an ouright bigoted slur ("cheating Orange bastards"), you defended him.

You have repeatedly accused me of being a Rangers fan  despite my having made it perfectly and repeatedly clear that I have no more time for them than I have eg for Celtic.

More generally, on this thread you invariably tar all NI fans with the same brush, on the strength of the actions of a minority. (Or as with one famous example, the actions of some Chelsea fans).

Thiese are just the first examples which come to mind of your total inability and/or unwillingness to accept that "themmuns" are not "all the same.", since to do so would challenge your pre-conceived view of people like me.

Which is the very essence of bigotry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 369>
  Share Topic