You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Do you know even the first thing about Hackett. Not least that he awarded one of the most controversial red cards in English football history and it remains a source of debate to this day.

The first referee in the history of the world to make a controversial decision.
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Always was a good opportunity to get sucking up to Terri.
  People like you have always despised Northern nationalists, to the point where you're happy to take to bed with Unionists. 

Invention. Unsubstantiated rubbish.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Do you know even the first thing about Hackett. Not least that he awarded one of the most controversial red cards in English football history and it remains a source of debate to this day.

Clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about. So I’ll leave it there.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:52am

People like you have always despised Northern nationalists, to the point where you're happy to take to bed with Unionists. 

Reminds me of an Irish lad I heard about who was living abroad when NI were playing. He overhears a small group of NI fans lost and looking for directions to somewhere. He goes over offering to help with directions and when they hear the Irish accent they immediately reward his act of kindness with piss-taking and sectarian insults.

This weird longing for affirmation from them himself and Newryrep have is extremely odd.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:53am

Reminds me of an Irish lad I heard about who was living abroad when NI were playing. He overhears a small group of NI fans lost and looking for directions to somewhere. He goes over offering to help with directions and when they hear the Irish accent they immediately reward his act of kindness with piss-taking and sectarian insults.

This weird longing for affirmation from them himself and Newryrep have is extremely odd.

What the hell does that have to do with me?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:54am

Clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about. So I’ll leave it there.

I should listen more to Stephen Craigan and Neil Lennon. They are where the real knowledge lies.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:57am
You came in trying to ‘top trump’ things with a referees opinion. I told you that the referee in question has a backstory with a controversial red card, and a backlash of public opinion. So you resort to sneering.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:58am

You came in trying to ‘top trump’ things with a referees opinion. I told you that the referee in question has a backstory with a controversial red card, and a backlash of public opinion. So you resort to sneering.

LOL

He is counted amongst the top 100 referees of all time in a list maintained by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:00am
So what. That doesn’t take away from his own history with a controversial red and public backlash as a result.

LOLLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:07am

So what. That doesn’t take away from his own history with a controversial red and public backlash as a result.

LOLLOL

I don't actually think you're a troll. You've simply dug a hole way too deep and are too proud to admit you got it badly wrong.

Hence the gradually increasing paucity of your comments.

You've got nothing left but emojis at this stage.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:11am
In your efforts to be smart you missed my ironic use of the emoji, in response to your own use of the same emoji. You’ve been losing this one since the weekend, disappeared, came back, and keep failing further, including the resort to ad hominem. You’ve also more than once tried to end the debate by claiming it, or waffling about how tired you are going round in circles. But that’s all for show. You have no argument, and what annoys you most is that you know that if the same thing happened to one of our players you’d see it as overkill.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:21am

In your efforts to be smart you missed my ironic use of the emoji, in response to your own use of the same emoji. You’ve been losing this one since the weekend, disappeared, came back, and keep failing further, including the resort to ad hominem. You’ve also more than once tried to end the debate by claiming it, or waffling about how tired you are going round in circles. But that’s all for show. You have no argument, and what annoys you most is that you know that if the same thing happened to one of our players you’d see it as overkill.

I've explained to you before that you should stop using terms like "ad hominem" if you don't have a clue how to use them correctly - as tempting as it is when it looks and sounds nice.

I've also explained to you how the referee's decision was correct based on the rules of the game. 

I've explained several times how the argument against the decision essentially comes down to the NI players not being given sufficient notice, which is patently not the case as they were warned several times already about time-wasting.

A respected professional in the same field as Slavko Vincic agrees with the referee's decision, while you use the highly biased and emotional opinions of people like Gareth McAuley and Stephen Craigan to back up your rather flimsy argument.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:24am
I know what ad hominem is. If you like, I’ll use the phrase “play the man not the ball” if that somehow moves you on from this irrelevant sidebar.

The rest of your post is blather. Appeal to your preferred authority and tell me to swallow it. It doesn’t work like that.

And you know full well about discretion and that the rules off football are not applied to the letter, based on circumstance and degree. Hence why this is controversial.

Edited by Het-field - 13 Oct 2021 at 11:25am
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:50am
It was a harsh second yellow to get a red card. If it happened to the team you support you'd be livid.

Is it a bookable offence? Probably yes. Would there be compliants if Lewis didn't recieve an earlier yellow. Probably not as much.

At the end of the day, Switzerland won the game because they were the better team. NI only had won shot.

The Republic are in a transition period and so are NI. The expectation level which Michael O'Neill has left, is really showing with how frustrated some of their fans are with the manager. 

I only seen highlights so can't argue whether that criticism is right or wrong. But looking at their team it is very short in depth and quality. Some really honest pros however who will try their best. Davies and Evans are in their mid 30s and are near the end of their international careers. They don't really have anyone in the spine of their team with that level of quality ready to step in just yet. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:06pm
Are you lads going back to your families telling them how you won the internet today?
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Are you lads going back to your families telling them how you won the internet today?
LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Yes.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:53pm

I know what ad hominem is. If you like, I’ll use the phrase “play the man not the ball” if that somehow moves you on from this irrelevant sidebar.

The rest of your post is blather. Appeal to your preferred authority and tell me to swallow it. It doesn’t work like that.

And you know full well about discretion and that the rules off football are not applied to the letter, based on circumstance and degree. Hence why this is controversial.

Debatable.

Yes. That's why the referee gave NI countless warnings and warned their captain about their chronic time-wasting literally two minutes before Jamal was sent off. But continue looking at this through a vacuum where it's a single flashpoint and not the culmination of several dozen events throughout the first 37 minutes.

I'll trust impartial pundits and ex-referees rather than former NI players (some of whom, like Craigan and Lennon, are highly prone to gaffes) and some lad taking a contrarian viewpoint for the sake of it.

It's all well and good speaking in hypotheticals about how we'd feel about something like this happening to us, but until it does it's a lazy retort.

When have we ever done something like that while taking a throw? When has one of our players ever being cautioned or yellow carded for it? Doherty's comparatively tame behaviour against Portugal was a noticeable anomaly for us.

And if someone was stupid enough to stand like a gobdaw for twenty seconds and play chicken with a referee like the one we had in Portugal, I wouldn't be standing up for him, and I'd be taking issue with our senior players like Coleman and Duffy for not showing the required leadership rather than playing on people's emotions and making excuses.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 13 Oct 2021 at 12:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 369>
  Share Topic