Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

N.I. look like they made the most chances but that result is a crippling blow to them when you're in a group with the kings of consistency Switzerland and a powerhouse like Italy. 

It'll temper some of the celebrations that might have took place on the OWC forum over our disaster against Luxembourg. LOL

For me though, the way NI play is something that we should be able to achieve. Although lucky to emerge with the point at the end, they were unlucky on the whole not to get three, as they dominated it. The problem is, like us, they lack any degree of quality outside of their defence. In a game between ourselves and them, they would dominate us, but it would almost certainly end 0-0.

I know if we beat Slovakia there would've obviously have been a huge boost in confidence but I do think N.I. would've probably beaten us in Belfast had we got through tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 5:28pm
We had 71% possession - completely unheard of for us!

We had 14 attempts - one against the bar, two deflected wide and 3 more on target. (They had 3 attempts, one on target)

We had 12 corners to their 2, both of which came on 90 minutes, one of which led to their only attempt on target. (BP-F had literally one save to make all night, though it was an absolute blinder when it finally came)

Meaning that had we even a half-decent striker, we'd have put them away with ease.

That said, the team is playing with a clear shape and plenty of commitment, thus making us at least hard to beat, which is probably all we can expect.

Oh well, it was ever thus.

P.S. I'm very disappointed not to have heard the call: "Isn't it time we had a United Ireland football team?" recently, at least after your game against Luxembourg. Or is Stephen Nolan off on holiday or something? LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 5:56pm
He’s definitely not off on holiday
He’s just about to get another year out of talking about a funeral last June 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
Just another sham fight at Stormont. There was a good BBC Sport breaking news mock-up doing the rounds earlier today, which is of course April 1st, claiming that the IFA and FAI had agreed to have an all-Ireland team with former NI captain Neil Lennon the hot favourite for the manager's job.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

We had 71% possession - completely unheard of for us!

We had 14 attempts - one against the bar, two deflected wide and 3 more on target. (They had 3 attempts, one on target)

We had 12 corners to their 2, both of which came on 90 minutes, one of which led to their only attempt on target. (BP-F had literally one save to make all night, though it was an absolute blinder when it finally came)

Meaning that had we even a half-decent striker, we'd have put them away with ease.

That said, the team is playing with a clear shape and plenty of commitment, thus making us at least hard to beat, which is probably all we can expect.

Oh well, it was ever thus.

P.S. I'm very disappointed not to have heard the call: "Isn't it time we had a United Ireland football team?" recently, at least after your game against Luxembourg. Or is Stephen Nolan off on holiday or something? LOL

That Stephen Nolan is a complete sh*t stirrer and scrapes the bottom of the barrel with his guests.  He is a mouthpiece himself in the mould of a Jeremy Kyle or Piers Morgan.  All he wants to do is stir up anger and gets some toothless simpleton on from East Belfast and of course his favourite Jim Allister.

The Bel Tel is another rag of a paper.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That Stephen Nolan is a complete sh*t stirrer and scrapes the bottom of the barrel with his guests. 

I never listen to him. Ever.

But whenever I hear his name, I always think of this and smile:

Presenter in costly soccer gaffe

A humbled BBC radio presenter will pay more than £1,600 to charity after rashly predicting England would thrash Northern Ireland.

Of course, Northern Ireland ended up with a historic 1-0 win, in what was the first time England had been beaten in Belfast for 78 years.

Radio Ulster's Stephen Nolan promised to pay 50p for every text message received which paid tribute to David Healy's winner at Windsor Park.

More than 3,200 messages were received in the space of an hour on Nolan's Thursday morning show, as listeners rang in to berate the embarrassed presenter.

I'm torn with emotion and the fans have really stuck the boot in
Stephen Nolan
A red-faced Nolan later handed over a cheque to victorious manager Lawrie Sanchez.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4226128.stm

Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:32am
Morning all. Broadly agree with Terri above. We really only deserved one point from the weekend given the bluntness near goal.

I'm afraid the on off UI bromance is over. We're merging with  new Europa Powerhaus Nordie McAdonagh. North Belfast readers will know the Macedon  lighthouse 😀
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 12:27am

UEFA Women's EURO play-offs: Northern Ireland, Russia, Switzerland through

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:04am
Congrats to the Northern Ireland women.  Well deserved and an amazing achivement.  Fantastic scenes on BBC last night.  

Definitely a case of "what might have been" for most of us on here though.  We were far superior home and away v Ukraine but missed numerous chances last Autumn and gave away a bad own goal. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Congrats to the Northern Ireland women.  Well deserved and an amazing achivement.  Fantastic scenes on BBC last night. 
Read somewhere that the other 14 qualifiers were all seeded in Pots 1 and 2, while NI were in Pot 4.

Definitely a case of "what might have been" for most of us on here though.  We were far superior home and away v Ukraine but missed numerous chances last Autumn and gave away a bad own goal. 
Didn't see your games, but I can easily believe it.

The Ukrainians looked a real bad lot in both our games. I wasn't as impressed by them technically as I thought I might, while their whole attitude seemed atrocious i.e. didn't seem to care, other than the odd sneaky foul.

Classic sending off at the end, mind! LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 6:52pm
Kenny Shiels said he believes its the best sporting achievement of all time in the UK

At least he's keeping his feet on the ground
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm
LOL

In fairness to Shiels's statement, If I managed to bag a tinder date with their No.22 (Think it's Ciara Watling) Heart that would be the biggest non-sporting achievement of all time in Ireland.  

Husband might have something to say about it mind. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:12pm

LOL

In fairness to Shiels's statement, If I managed to bag a tinder date with their No.22 (Think it's Ciara Watling) Heart that would be the biggest non-sporting achievement of all time in Ireland.  

Your husband or hers?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

LOL

Your husband or hers?

LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:54pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Read somewhere that the other 14 qualifiers were all seeded in Pots 1 and 2, while NI were in Pot 4.

Didn't see your games, but I can easily believe it.

The Ukrainians looked a real bad lot in both our games. I wasn't as impressed by them technically as I thought I might, while their whole attitude seemed atrocious i.e. didn't seem to care, other than the odd sneaky foul.

Classic sending off at the end, mind! LOL

It might be the greatest sh*thousery sending off ove ever seen. It deserves an award 😂
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:28pm
Super Cup apparently being moved to Istanbul from Belfast as part of the compensation for losing the CL final 2 years in a row 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 14 May 2021 at 6:28pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:56pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 369>
  Share Topic