You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 369>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Who is at home in the play off Norn Iron or Bosnia?
Bosnia. The north finished below us in the NL. Think they had 0 points compared to our whopping 2 points. Bosnia beat the North twice in the NL.

I watched both NL games and the Nordies were very unlucky in both.  They dominated the game in Belfast but didn't take their chances.  Over in Bosnia they also missed a couple of glorious chances.  This game will be really hard to call.  

The draw for the play-off final venue will be made prior to this.

If Bosnia/NI are drawn away for the final, i think it would give NI a psychological advantage in the play-off semi.

How so? Would it not be more favourable for them if they knew they were going to be at home in the final should they progress? 

Re read my post, the bit before the bold.....having lost here in the 2016 play-off, it might lessen their conviction
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Who is at home in the play off Norn Iron or Bosnia?
Bosnia. The north finished below us in the NL. Think they had 0 points compared to our whopping 2 points. Bosnia beat the North twice in the NL.

I watched both NL games and the Nordies were very unlucky in both.  They dominated the game in Belfast but didn't take their chances.  Over in Bosnia they also missed a couple of glorious chances.  This game will be really hard to call.  

The draw for the play-off final venue will be made prior to this.

If Bosnia/NI are drawn away for the final, i think it would give NI a psychological advantage in the play-off semi.

How so? Would it not be more favourable for them if they knew they were going to be at home in the final should they progress? 

Re read my post, the bit before the bold.....having lost here in the 2016 play-off, it might lessen their conviction

I get what you're saying now.  It could do I suppose but then N.I. would also know that they'd have yet another away game to get through. I think N.I. like ourselves know it's a big ask to win two away games against similar opposition in the space of a week so being at home in any potential final would be a huge boost to us or them. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:07pm
NI played Bosnia in the last campaign didn't they?
How'd they get on?

Home advantage is massive in these play offs I think. I still wouldn't rule out the north though, they seem to be good at beating teams of a similar standard.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

NI played Bosnia in the last campaign didn't they?
How'd they get on?

Home advantage is massive in these play offs I think. I still wouldn't rule out the north though, they seem to be good at beating teams of a similar standard.

Lost 1-2 at home and 0-2 away. NI missed a lot of clear cut chances in both games, though
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:31pm
Bosnia have some mixed results.

Beaten by Armenia but then go and beat Finland.

I thought Bosnia were very poor against Ireland when we played them.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:03pm
So long as we have our First XI all available, there's no reason to fear Bosnia (though it will be tough).

And I say that as s.o. who was at both our NL games against them, also Frankfurt the other day, where the Germans just edged us in a 7 goal thriller....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:31pm
Mo chara Gareth McAuley was spoting serious sh*te in  a Belfast Telegraph article saying how he and TE would love to beat the smug EIRE and Uefa in the playoffs and how Uefa fixed the draw in favour of EIRE when we were taken out of Germany's group and they were put in just because we have more money and a better stadium.

What a thick ****

Edited by Trap junior - 24 Nov 2019 at 2:42pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:53pm
No harm to Big G but I'd prefer hard earned wins over Bosnia and Slovakia 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 3:15pm
Wtf is that prick McCauley on about extra money?! 

He clearly knows nothing about the FAI LOL 

Glad to see he was a sick little puppy over that EURO 2020 qualifying draw. 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 3:59pm
Windsors probably a better stadium to boot LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:19pm
His idea of ''fixing the draw'' equals the rules of the draw.

It was last friday the draw was supposed to be fixed for the host nations, but that did'nt work out well with only one of the four hosts getting a potential home match in the final.

I'm getting a Rory vibe off Gareth and guessing he won't be voting for a UI anytime soon.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 24 Nov 2019 at 4:19pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

His idea of ''fixing the draw'' equals the rules of the draw.

It was last friday the draw was supposed to be fixed for the host nations, but that did'nt work out well with only one of the four hosts getting a potential home match in the final.

I'm getting a Rory vibe off Gareth and guessing he won't be voting for a UI anytime soon.

He is from Larne so it's not surprising he doesn't have much gra for the Republic. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:56pm
A former Linfield and Rangers player, a former Northern Ireland international, with an MBE, from Larne, isn't exactly giving off Rory vibes.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

A former Linfield and Rangers player, a former Northern Ireland international, with an MBE, from Larne, isn't exactly giving off Rory vibes.

True,Dave. I admit, I never paid much attention to his career. McAuley just sounded like a catholic name to me. I see though there are seperate Irish and Scottish origins of it.

26% from a catholic background in Larne in the last census, but only 8% consider themselves Irish. Probably a product of their environment.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Mo chara Gareth McAuley was spoting serious sh*te in  a Belfast Telegraph article saying how he and TE would love to beat the smug EIRE and Uefa in the playoffs and how Uefa fixed the draw in favour of EIRE when we were taken out of Germany's group and they were put in just because we have more money and a better stadium.
Big G is indeed talking nonsense.

I wonder where he got it from?

Here, perhaps?
GB 1HughJarse: "UEFA will look after us with regards to referees for playoffs v Bosnia/ Wales etc, they won’t want hosts to miss out."

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:15pm
Must be true if somebody called hugh arse said it on an internet forum.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Big G is indeed talking nonsense.

I wonder where he got it from?

You probably
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Must be true if somebody called hugh arse said it on an internet forum.

LOL

Such a legit comparison 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 369>
  Share Topic