Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:44pm
Plays it all the time GD, regardless of the opposition.
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:45pm
Small steps indeed, yis love the old stepping and banging drums don’t you LOL and the very odd fleg but sure that’s only the minority but sure yis know all about minority’s too. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

You know, more I think about, NI really showed those German guys during the 26% possession they had during the game

Scoll back up to my post from 2.35 pm, and see what others had to say about the game, inc the German manager.

But you needn't bother coming back to tell me they don't know anything about it, either. LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

You know, more I think about, NI really showed those German guys during the 26% possession they had during the game

Scoll back up to my post from 2.35 pm, and see what others had to say about the game, inc the German manager.

But you needn't bother coming back to tell me they don't know anything about it, either. LOL

Do you think we've time to read that sh*te?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:04pm
LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Small steps indeed, yis love the old stepping and banging drums don’t you LOL and the very odd fleg but sure that’s only the minority but sure yis know all about minority’s too. 

Sort your own minority out before you come preaching to others:

"And youngfellas still sing IRA songs. Morons." - 'Icy Bread People', 9.51 am:

Wink 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No, you're too busy contradicting it for that, I suppose.

But it's all quite revealing, isn't it?

You don't come onto this thread to learn more about the team etc.

No, you're only here to have a pop, regardless of what other, even neutral voices are saying.

Anyhow, haven't you a Phil Foden thread to be starting? LOL
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:13pm
Jeez, to think that some on here think you're a smart cookie! You'd hardly expect Löw to say that TE was sh*t.Of course he's going to talk them up, especially after he got beaten by the Dutch a few days earlier, at home.TE is a bad team, and if you read Lord Ashcroft poll, you'll see why TE will never qualify for another tournament.What is it they say in Germany?     Auf Wiedersehen TE!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:13pm

No, you're only here to have a pop, regardless of what other, even neutral voices are saying.

That's better, just 5 lines Clap

Still pure sh*te, but its concise sh*te at least.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:16pm

That's better, just 5 lines Clap

Still pure sh*te, but its concise sh*te at least.

And your answer to it?

(Take as many lines as you like)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:19pm

Wink 

You're better than ad hominems, Terri.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:20pm

Jeez, to think that some on here think you're a smart cookie! You'd hardly expect Löw to say that TE was sh*t.Of course he's going to talk them up, especially after he got beaten by the Dutch a few days earlier, at home.

OK, ignore Low.

What about the German journo then? Or the English one? Or even the posters on this very thread who were rather complimentary about our performance?

TE is a bad team, and if you read Lord Ashcroft poll, you'll see why TE will never qualify for another tournament.What is it they say in Germany?     Auf Wiedersehen TE!
"Nurse! Nurse! He's going off on one again, the medication must be wearing off...." Confused
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Wink 

You're better than ad hominems, Terri.

Nothing ad hominem about it.

DD was pointing towards a minority in our support and I replied with a reference to a minority in yours:
"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
Book of Matthew, 7:3

Edited by Territorial - 11 Sep 2019 at 3:25pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:30pm
Point is, you're not responding to the point. The fact there is a minority in our support up to no good does not excuse the behaviour of either set of supporters, magic sky fairy stories or not.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:39pm

Point is, you're not responding to the point. The fact there is a minority in our support up to no good does not excuse the behaviour of either set of supporters, magic sky fairy stories or not.
Ad hominem means having a pop at someone because of who he is ("playing the man"), rather than what he says/does ("playing the ball").

I took issue with what he was saying, by reminding him no-one is really in any position to finger point at another teams's support whilst his own is coming out with the same old crap - a form of Socratic Dialogue, if you like. Wink

Edited by Territorial - 11 Sep 2019 at 3:40pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:47pm
Oh my daddy is bigger than yours
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:52pm

Ad hominem means having a pop at someone because of who he is ("playing the man"), rather than what he says/does ("playing the ball").

I took issue with what he was saying, by reminding him no-one is really in any position to finger point at another teams's support whilst his own is coming out with the same old crap - a form of Socratic Dialogue, if you like. Wink

You had a pop at an Ireland fan because he was an Ireland fan, rather than responding to the central element of the point being made. You responded by referring to a personal characteristic of the person making the point (i.e. that he was an Ireland fan) rather than addressing the point (i.e. that Northern Ireland fans may have engaged in unacceptable behaviour). You had a pop at an Ireland fan because of who is, rather than what he was saying about Northern Ireland.

It's a classic ad hominem. Whether Ireland fans engaged in unacceptable behaviour is neither here nor there and doesn't impact the validity of the point first made; they are different points. An ad hominem isn't simply saying "yeah but you're fat"; even calling someone a hypocrite is a form of ad hominem. They might be a hypocrite but it doesn't make them wrong. At the very, very least it is an utter logical fallacy.

The central point is this: Even if Ireland fans are up to no good, it doesn't mean Northern Ireland fans aren't!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 4:07pm

I also thoroughly enjoyed the game.  I thought Germany were fortunate to go in at half time on level terms.  A 2006 Davd Healy would have made a huge difference.  

Tactical changes after the break seemed to catch Northern Ireland out and Gnarbry looked much more dangerous.   They kept finding pockets of space that didn't exist in the first half.  They re-grouped and could have taken a point.   

Brilliant atmosphere as always.  

Four points v the Dutch is too big an ask so it looks like the playoffs.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 256257258259260 369>
  Share Topic