Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 369>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

It should be a cracker when the Germans visit Belfast in September. 

There’ll be some amount of German bombers in the air that night I’m sure 
Sponsored Links

Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:47pm
Yeah, it'll be cracker alright😂
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:56pm
Great couple of results for them, credit where it's due. And imagine, actually playing a bit of football too...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:02pm
For Chrissake, it 's Belarus and Estonia     not Brasil.         They're not Northern Ireland, they're North of Ireland
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:14am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Handy way to get your confidence up for a group campaign playing the two worst teams twice each to get started. Clever bastards. 
We almost pulled that off ourselves. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:57am
They're in a decent position. Reasonable logic ((c) pre madonna) suggests that they've a chance somewhere between 20 and 50% at this stage. If the Germans beat the Dutch again, then it's very much all to play for.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:09am
Listening to their anthem tonight it just doesn’t sound right. That is England’s anthem. They should have their own. Both Scotland and Wales do.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:32am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Listening to their anthem tonight it just doesn’t sound right. That is England’s anthem. They should have their own. Both Scotland and Wales do.
It isn't. England, like Northern Ireland, doesn't have an anthem.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:34am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

They're in a decent position. Reasonable logic ((c) pre madonna) suggests that they've a chance somewhere between 20 and 50% at this stage. If the Germans beat the Dutch again, then it's very much all to play for.
The problem is the reasonable logic I was referring to was them beating the Dutch, or drawing with them twice. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Great couple of results for them, credit where it's due. And imagine, actually playing a bit of football too...

They have been like that over the past few years.
Consistently beating the teams around their level.

We wish we could be like that! 

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They have been like that over the past few years.
Consistently beating the teams around their level.

We wish we could be like that! 

I think we were drawn that group and them ours, with a switch being made due to three host Nations in one group. 

It would be interesting to know how they would have got on against our opposition so far and vice versa. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:55am

Last game of the group they are home to Netherlands - its possible. They really need Germany to beat the Dutch at home which is more than likely.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:24am
Be some orange on show that night
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:27am

Last game of the group they are home to Netherlands - its possible. They really need Germany to beat the Dutch at home which is more than likely.

They go to Frankfurt on the last day.  The Dutch are in town on a Saturday night in November.  

A German win over the Dutch keeps Northern Ireland in it until that Dutch game in November.   
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:16pm
Afternoon all and thanks for good wishes 😀

As SD84 didn't quite say,  we've a 0-100% chance of auto-quali plus a poss play off if not.

I know the Portuguese media are gurning about having to qualify at all, the Dutch are likely similar. 2 must win away games create pressure however weak the oppo.

All runs end sometime so I'm tempting fate- but NI haven't lost competitively by 3 or more since 2011, or conceded 5 in McAuley's lifetime... 
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:04pm
Indeed. And we would need only one to equalise.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Indeed. And we would need only one to equalise.

When my missus asks me what I'm doing fluting about on the forum, this is what she doesn't understand. It's the insights and new knowledge acquisition that sets this place apart. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:17pm
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 369>
  Share Topic